raysox

Unpopular Opinions

I'm not entirely sure just how unpopular it is, but I love Chief Wahoo. I'm by no means an Indians fan, but I used to draw him on my notes all the time as a kid. I remember buying an Indians hat and toy helmet at Camden Yards when I was probably 9 or 10.

(Camden Yards isn't a typo. They used to sell other teams' merchandise back then. I have a bunch of old toy helmets from Orioles games)

Its not unpopular to like Chief Wahoo, just not politically correct.

The Thrashers blue jersey set was beautiful.

Zach+Bogosian+Florida+Panthers+v+Atlanta+Thrashers+w8xPjsZ5iuKx.jpg

Not unpopular with me! :D

Also, I love Chief Wahoo as well. I've always wanted a Tribe jersey from Major League 2, but the replicas you see sold today aren't correct, so I won't get one.

I prefer Allstar games when the players wear their own team uniforms

2001-all-star-mvp.jpg

44.jpg

NHL Youngstars game

staal_img.jpg

group.jpg

Many people liked this jersey too, including myself. I wouldn't even mark it as an unpopular opinion.

Many people liked this jersey too, including myself. I wouldn't even mark it as an unpopular opinion.

The CCM version looked great, but the Edge version was :censored:.

I want to see colored pants make a comeback in MLB, and I really believe it's only a matter of time until they do.

No hem stripes on the blue, and the loss of the bird/feather pattern of the white makes me weep (figuratively).

Also, I really liked the Thrashers logo.

I like the Browns uniforms, especially back when they had white facemasks. I also think the Creamsicle uniforms that the Tampa Bay Bucs used to wear are really good too, though not as good as their current ones.

I agree the black was completely unnecessary, and just junked up the whole look, but to me, the dark red was just as bad of a decision. How anybody could prefer it to the classic cherry red is beyond me.

What a period for NFL uniforms... logo on the sleeves? Check. Repeat logo on hip? Check. Add black? Check. Darken primary color? Check. Add in oversized drop shadow numbers and you have a textbook example of full-blown 90's nonsense.

The color darkening is something I associate with the turn of the century, personally. That's about the time the Patriots, Jets, Bills, Sehawks, Rams,and Titans/Oilers "went dark."

I think the Blackhawks road jersey is overrated. It's still a lot better than most teams, but where is the color balance? Their red jerseys are some of the most vibrant in sports, but the roads are mostly black and very drab looking. Switch the black and red and it would be a winner.

BTW The names on the Blackhawks red jerseys drive me nuts because they aren't outlined in black like the numbers all are.

I think the Capitals should go back to the blue and bronze color palate. Red, white and blue is overused and it's something that would fit the geography of the team, while being slightly differentiating.

Example

24xnqc6.jpg

And yes, the Hawks sweater is pretty overrated. Top 5, I could understand, but 'best in hockey?' Nah.

I really like the Lightning's new set, and i don't care for their old victory stripes. They are as pointless as the slogans on the inside collar of football jerseys.

I think the Capitals should go back to the blue and bronze color palate. Red, white and blue is overused and it's something that would fit the geography of the team, while being slightly differentiating.

Example

24xnqc6.jpg

And yes, the Hawks sweater is pretty overrated. Top 5, I could understand, but 'best in hockey?' Nah.

While I appreciated this look, I believe that their current red, white & blue look is much better. I will say that I actually prefer the old Wizards jerseys with these same colors as opposed to the red, white & blue Bullets knock offs.

Get rid of that "Atlanta" lineage along the sleeve and this is passable for me.

BTW The names on the Blackhawks red jerseys drive me nuts because they aren't outlined in black like the numbers all are.

I've never minded teams using single-color NOB even if the numbers aren't. NOBs are usually so small and smushed together than the outlines just add unnecessary clutter and take away from their readability.

Then again, I'm of the opinion that NOBs are just useless clutter in general. Programs and the internet exist for a reason.

Example

24xnqc6.jpg

While I appreciated this look, I believe that their current red, white & blue look is much better. I will say that I actually prefer the old Wizards jerseys with these same colors as opposed to the red, white & blue Bullets knock offs.

I wonder if it would be a good idea to blend both of Washington's color schemes. Red, Blue, White, with Black & Gold as trim.

Example

24xnqc6.jpg

I wonder if it would be a good idea to blend both of Washington's color schemes. Red, Blue, White, with Black & Gold as trim.

No, the red would probably muddle things too much. Either stick with the gold or swap it, but don't do both.