Unpopular Opinions

Unpopular opinion, now is the best the Pens have ever looked.

Ugh. I hope you think Ottawa looks its best now too, because they wear the same pattern of uniform. Plus the gold being more of a khaki and adhering to no tenets of a traditional hockey sweater...it's really reebokeriffic. Unfortunately, with all the bandwagoners who haven't seen any different, your opinion isn't all that unpopular, and I hate that. Sorry

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Speaking of the Penguins, I have never cared much for the "robo penguin" logo of the 90s. I've tried to like it, I really have, but I just don't.

And the real presser is I don't really like the Penguins' current logo, either.

I never understood the utter hatred for the "Robo Pigeon". But that's just me.

I think a lot of it was because they won back-to-back cups and then changed the logo and jerseys. I still blame that for losing in the second round following the greatest season in franchise history. this is unsubstantiated, but I've heard from a few people that the horizontal stripes in the black section of the logo were put there because the Mellon corporation (which bought the naming rights to the Civic Arena) paid them to be there as subtle advertising, as it looks similar to their logo. Again, unsubstantiated, but it would explain what those white stripes are.

more info on the change here http://pittsburghhockey.net/PensPages/LogoHistory/LogoHistory.html

Gary Adams, an artist with Vance, Wright & Adams Design Group, came up with the "corporate-style" logo that was used on the shoulder patches until the start of the 2007-08 season.

Adam's said new Penguins' owner Howard Baldwin wanted something more "marketable" and even considered changing the name back to the Hornets."

"Baldwin said: 'They're gonna kill me for changing the logo, why not the name?' " recalled Adams. "We even looked at replacing gold with the Vegas Gold color scheme."

The design was met with skepticism and superstition. Loyal fans thought the logo change was a Baldwin gimimick simply to generate money in jersey sales. Others, including Gessner, thought the logo change would ruin the Pens' mojo.

"They just won the Stanley Cup two years in a row and they wanted to change the logo?" recalled Gessner. "I was stunned and saddened. They were really on a roll and they decided to change horses."

In the first year of the "corporate-style" logo, the Penguins enjoyed their finest regular season, but were upset by the New York Islanders in the second round of the Stanley Cup playoffs ? ending a bid for a third consecutive championship.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Ugh. I hope you think Ottawa looks its best now too, because they wear the same pattern of uniform. Plus the gold being more of a khaki and adhering to no tenets of a traditional hockey sweater...it's really reebokeriffic. Unfortunately, with all the bandwagoners who haven't seen any different, your opinion isn't all that unpopular, and I hate that. Sorry

Honestly, I think the Sens, Lightning, and Pens all look pretty good(leaving out the alternates, those suck).

Idk, I just really like the Vegas Gold look better than anything else. These are sweet though.

Penguins30.png

The yellow/black set's sleeves look weird to me

Penguins21.png

Then the next set with PITTSBURGH going down the front also isn't doing it for me.

The Chargers don't qualify for PBFPBS, though, as they've used powder blue for most of their history as either a primary home uniform or an alternate.

The Penguins need to base a whole uniform set around this:

2089153410100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

Sheer awesomeness.

This is actually my favorite Penguins jersey of all. Love the design, the colors, the crest--everything about it.

In current guise, though, even if the Penguins never go back to "Pittsburgh" gold, they should at least bring back the triangle template.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I never understood the utter hatred for the "Robo Pigeon". But that's just me.

I always liked it. It was the logo I grew up with. I prefer the skating penguin, though. But I'd love to see the robo pigeon return as a shoulder patch. It worked well that way.

And the gradient monstrosity of a jersey mentioned above was unique because while it was so bad but still looked good in action somehow.

I've found that the jerseys with "Pittsburgh" on the front are actually kind of unpopular among pens fans, but I absoluetly love these things:

2215667220100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

1.jpg

(If they use one of these blue ones at the Winter Classic, which judging by the logo at the press conference they are, I will be extremely happy.)

I think I'm also in the minority in that I disliked the penguins "triangle" jerseys they had before the edgeification. And I'm alittle sick of all the blue. It was great at first, but it got old. Ever since the first Winter Classic there's been too much of it around.

I also really like these jerseys:

Capitals16.png

Still hate the team with a burning passion, though.

oBIgzrL.png

I have a few things to say:

? I can't stand diagonal type on hockey jerseys, or any stacked type for that matter. If you want a vertical wordmark, rotate it 90º.

? I do like chest wordmarks on hockey jerseys with the number below (like Atlanta's thirds).

? I hate it when teams have ginormous sleeve stripes in football. The 70's are over. Thin it out.

? I love monochrome, in football and baseball.

? I don't like when football (and baseball) teams wear tri-color, yet it gets so much less flack than monochrome.

? I think the Twins' script looks like Tony's Pizza

? I like the Padres sand uniforms. In fact, bring on the baby blue, pastel yellow, and spring green. Down with grey!

? I like the Bucks' christmas colors.

? I like the Ducks' current scheme.

? I like the Seahawks' neon green jerseys, but I hate the navy pants.

And lastly:

? Brown is so underused. There should be at least one team in each league that uses it as a primary color.

^^^Not really. That one is so 90s it's ridiculous. Lemieux hates that set any way.

Ouch!

How I and many other Pens fans miss the traditional gold and black, not this stupid vegas gold.

I love the skaing Penguin logo, and really like the triangle Pen as well. If they use that jersey from a few years back with the real gold, I'd be all over it.

Also I like the triangle with the lines across, I own one of those lol.

2ly2w09.jpg