Unpopular Opinions

This will probably make me look dumb, but I actually really like the Charlotte Bobcats current navy away jerseys. I cannot think of a rational explanation as to why, other than I just really like them. I know they are rip-offs of the Dallas Mavs set, but for some reason they look better than Dallas' set to me.

*ducks from trash being thrown at him*

The Columbus Crew logo isn't terrible but those men need to be far less detailed. It's like a freakin photograph!

As for the Buffaslug comment.....no, that logo was godawful and the jerseys did nothing to help that IMO.

I think the buffaslug is a thousand times better than the Crew logo.

They're very different types of logos, but at least the Crew logo is shaped like a football crest and has the right idea (just not executed properly imo). The Buffaslug was something that belonged on a football helmet, not on a hockey jersey. It was terribly uninteresting and bland, looked like a robot buffalo with no legs and was flat as a pancake. Just a bad hockey logo all round.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

These jerseys were actually sweet. Best uniforms the Milwaukee Bucks ever had IMO.

578734_display_image.jpg?1295471835

577103_display_image.jpg?1299186539

Makes me want to go to a thrift store or Ebay to get one of their jerseys. That is probably the only places that still have them. :)

I also liked the purple and green color scheme. It feels like those colors should never work together but somehow, the Bucks made it work.

• Like 1

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

It would have worked better with a Kelly green. Look at the green touching the purple on the white jersey- you can't distinguish the colors unless your eyes are focused really well. And the "we'll just put white between the two colors" thing is not a good solution.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

These jerseys were actually sweet. Best uniforms the Milwaukee Bucks ever had IMO.

578734_display_image.jpg?1295471835

577103_display_image.jpg?1299186539

Makes me want to go to a thrift store or Ebay to get one of their jerseys. That is probably the only places that still have them. :)

I also liked the purple and green color scheme. It feels like those colors should never work together but somehow, the Bucks made it work.

Um, the owner picked those colours after attending Wimbledon. A tournament whose logo uses green and purple. So those colours had been "working" fine together long before the Bucks adopted it because...90s.

I would have liked the look just fine if green was the primary and purple the secondary, because the Bucks seem like a team that should be green. That being said, I don't mind the switch back to green and red. Way to many teams jumped on the purple bandwagon in the 90s, and the colour lost its uniqueness, at least in the NBA. The Bucks were one of those teams that didn't need to wear purple, so I'm glad they stopped doing it.

Never heard that one...the story I recall is shortly after being hired, and given the OK to redesign the uniforms, Mike Dunleavy decided on Lakers purple and Celtics green (though he really kept the longstanding forest green and demoted it to the secondary color). Either case, my main gripe wasn't really purple's presence, so much as the fact that it'd become the main color.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I applaud teams that try to think outside the box and I'm definitely a fan of modern designs that stray from the traditional a bit. For instance we still have no idea how the Buffalo Sabres third will look but I'm definitely excited to see what they unveil. I'm sick of the faux-back, traditional fad we're going through. I'd much rather see a team go a bit off the wall than to play it safe and have the same look as 5 other teams in the league.

• Like 2

OttawaSenators.png

Maryland's 2012 uniforms were amazing (not counting wacky alternates). It took a few tries but Under Armour hit a home run with these.

130501174727-stefon-diggs-top-single-image-cut.jpg

6_631293.png

hi-res-6568838_display_image.jpg?1348214412

hi-res-6654806_display_image.jpg?1350271350

The uniforms aren't bad at all actually but those helmets do those unis no justice at all.