Unpopular Opinions

Most people think the Jaguars helmets should be solid black...I think they'd look great if it was all gold.

The logo would get lost in the gold

Maybe, maybe not. It'd be similar to the Texans. The Texans' logo doesn't get lost in the navy helmet, despite the logo being predominantly navy.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Most people think the Jaguars helmets should be solid black...I think they'd look great if it was all gold.

Maybe, maybe not. It'd be similar to the Texans. The Texans' logo doesn't get lost in the navy helmet, despite the logo being predominantly navy.

The Texans is half & half the logo would get lost with the Jags and there is hardly any gold in the rest of the uni so you would see gold helmet black jersey, pants, & socks ugh!

The Texans is half & half the logo would get lost with the Jags and there is hardly any gold in the rest of the uni so you would see gold helmet black jersey, pants, & socks ugh!

The Texans logo is not half & half, unless by "half & half" you really mean 70/30...

570.gif

Anyway, gold helmets with black jerseys and black pants can work. The socks don't have to be all black, I mean they can add color to them if they want...

183048.jpg

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The Texans logo is not half & half, unless by "half & half" you really mean 70/30...

570.gif

Anyway, gold helmets with black jerseys and black pants can work. The socks don't have to be all black, I mean they can add color to them if they want...

183048.jpg

Yeah I was wrong but it is still a simple logo with thick lines which helps it show on the same color.

The Jags logo is anything but simple & the shape will get lost in one color.

This looks all right for a team that has been black & gold forever the Jags could only hope to look good.

This is still not the best Colorado can look.

I love the Rams' current identity. I think it's the best in franchise history. Just go with the navy jerseys/gold pants and white jersey/gold pants from 2007*.

Just add a thick navy stripe on the pants (surrounded by thin white stripes so that it's W-N-W), wear navy pants on the road as an alternate, and get rid of the white pants - there's no need for them.

*Admittedly, I didn't watch the NFL at all in 2007, so I'm relying on the motherboard for this. If the year is wrong, forgive me.

I don't think that's an unpopular opinion to have. Either that, or I'm overestimating the extent to which people share the same opinions I have, as I too believe that is their best identity.

I was terribly excited when I thought you were "Logical Ham," but the magic's gone.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The Sharks have never had a good look. The primary is poorly designed, the team fails to use their solid alternate logos to any real capacity, and the orange piping looks really out of place (especially when it's only on one side of the striping).

590x473xScreen-shot-2013-08-20-at-11.56.

The only decent look they've had was their inaugural set:

Sharks03.png

However, that set had the misfortune of bearing the keyline-ridden crest. I just hope that the team will completely overhaul one day.

Never had a good look? That first sweater was a modern classic, and the second one had an appropriately progressive feel for a Silicon Valley team at the turn of the millennium. Even with the little flaws in the 2007-2013 set (the concavity in the shark triangle, the redundant secondary, the two-layer nameplates, the orange), the Sharks still had a unique color and a solid design. This is just a chipaway of a good-if-not-great look with none of the flaws resolved and more flaws added, to say nothing of a justification that insulted everyone's intelligence.

• Like 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Never had a good look? That first sweater was a modern classic, and the second one had an appropriately progressive feel for a Silicon Valley team at the turn of the millennium. Even with the little flaws in the 2007-2013 set (the concavity in the shark triangle, the redundant secondary, the two-layer nameplates, the orange), the Sharks still had a unique color and a solid design. This is just a chipaway of a good-if-not-great look with none of the flaws resolved and more flaws added, to say nothing of a justification that insulted everyone's intelligence.

They were nice, to be sure, but I wouldn't use the "C" word. That logo was awfully cartoony and got dated quickly; the Edge update did wonders to help them out in that respect.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

They were nice, to be sure, but I wouldn't use the "C" word. That logo was awfully cartoony and got dated quickly; the Edge update did wonders to help them out in that respect.

The current logo has much more of a cartoony/over-designed/minor league feel than the original.

It's only a matter of time before the original set comes back in some form.

I hate the term "dated".

OK, how about this: the Sharks' original logo was reflective of the 1990's style of "cartoony" logos and really started to look out-of-place as it reached 15 years old. The thin stroke lines, the overly-detailed teeth and stick, and the "mild" look of it just didn't work by the time 2007 came around. The new one is more "fierce" and doesn't look as "dead" (i.e. there's a lot more implied motion).

181.gifdmo1xf3z4pph27vmg3gf.gif

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12