Unpopular Opinions

The Cowboys white jersey is actually one of the ugliest, most non-sensical uniforms I've ever seen. Different blue on the helmet, different blue on the pants, and a different blue on the jersey. Stupid striping on the sleeves with a random and completely unnneccesary black stroke. The color of the pants looks horrible with the light blue, switch it to the navy and you're already a billion times better.

Everyone on here thinks this.

I like them though.

The Cowboys white jersey is actually one of the ugliest, most non-sensical uniforms I've ever seen. Different blue on the helmet, different blue on the pants, and a different blue on the jersey. Stupid striping on the sleeves with a random and completely unnneccesary black stroke. The color of the pants looks horrible with the light blue, switch it to the navy and you're already a billion times better.

I like them though.

That's great to hear. In contrast, their navy uniform is absolutely beautiful.

I like them though.

That's great to hear. In contrast, their navy uniform is absolutely beautiful.

These are beautiful.

1995-deion-sanders_1.jpg

Emmitt-arrow.jpg

No. They're not.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I HATE this look.

kojiuehara_2886-430x298.jpg

No. They're not.

That's why it's an unpopular opinion.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

The NFL needs to allow multiple alternates like College Football

In truth, the NFL needs to tweak its rule regarding what alts can look like. Right now, they're restricted to two options: a throwback uniform, or a recolored version of the home or away jersey. I know, edgy, right? Compare that to the NBA, while there are many recolors (Bulls, Cavs, Pacers, Lakers, Heat), a good number of thirds don't look like the home/away at all (Celtics, Nuggets, Spurs, Rockets, Bucks). Likewise, what with differing home/away designs traditionally being more acceptable in baseball, you have colored jerseys (A's green, Brewers blue, Rays, Rangers, Mariners teal, Giants), home/away blends (White Sox black), stuff that doesn't look like the home/away (A's gold, Pirates, Cubs, D-backs black) as well as throwbacks (Brewers, White Sox, Pirates). Hockey, recolors (old Blackhawks, pre-edge Panthers, pre-edge Kings) seem to be the least common, NHL teams tending more towards different designs (mid-90s and post-edge Blues, Blue Jackets, Sabres, Senators, Avalanche, Ducks, Coyotes, among several others), straight throwbacks (Leafs, Habs, post-WC Penguins, Buffaslug-era Sabres, post-WC Blackhawks) or fauxbacks (Rangers, Penguins). Hell, in soccer, it's common for the change shirt to look nothing like the main shirt, even down to the collar.

The NFL? Barring some teams bending the rules (like the Redskins' 70th anniversary uniform, or the Cowboys' throwbacks being navy instead of royal blue), the selection's limited to recolors (Bears off and on, Broncos, Titans, Texans, Cardinals, Eagles, Seahawks, Panthers, Ravens, Bengals, Browns briefly, Saints once, Patriots briefly, Chargers, Jaguars) or throwbacks (Cowboys, Falcons, Bucs, Packers, Bears, Bills, Rams, Chargers pre-overhaul)...and with the new helmet restriction, a number of throwbacks like the Bucs and Patriots' are off the table (good riddance to the latter) due to their team colors having changed over the years. :censored:, now would be a good time to begin allowing thirds to have different designs...so for instance, the Bears might consider an alt based on the Chicago flag for a year or two, or the Pats might revive the Bledsoe-era style, but in red with the current font, something like that, rather than the routes previously traveled. Hell, it'd be a good way to gauge interest in a possible new uniform (as happened in the mid 90s with the Blues and Stars).

The NFL needs a team whose primary/home jersey is yellow.

The Rams could be that team...hell, the Saints could be that team. Had they kept the navy helmets, I would've liked to have seen a yellow Chargers jersey, though IIRC their owner's not a huge fan of the color. The Steelers and Packers could concievably look sharp in yellow jerseys, provided they add white pants (or in the Steelers' case, black pants).

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Actually, they don't NEED to do that at all. If you like the alternate jersey universe, that is okay, but let's not pretend they are an essential aesthetic aspect of the game. For my entire childhood, NFL teams had one jersey for home and one for the road and the league was still able to have successful seasons.

Actually, they don't NEED to do that at all. If you like the alternate jersey universe, that is okay, but let's not pretend they are an essential aesthetic aspect of the game. For my entire childhood, NFL teams had one jersey for home and one for the road and the league was still able to have successful seasons.

Note the wording, I said needs to allow multiple alternates, not force them upon every team.

dhlJpvy.png
rxzieid.png

Colts uniforms were better with blue facemask, alternate blue pants, and white/blue shoes.

thats probably one of the biggest majorities around here.

Anyone else think they'd look good with a white facemask?

Absolutely, like they used to wear in the 80s-thru-1994.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

If the Cleveland Browns really change their uniforms next season, brown pants SHOULD be in the set. I think brown should be a dominant part of the team's look at all times (meaning no more white on white). Brown jerseys & white pants as the primary home combo. White jerseys & brown pants as THE road uniform (unless they are forced to wear brown jerseys).

I'd be okay with having orange pants included if it were limited to 2 appearances per season, only worn at home with the brown jerseys. Brown on brown would also be okay in my book if limited to 1 appearance per season. So basically out of 8 home games per season 5 would feature the classic Orange/Brown/White combo. 2 games in Orange/Brown/Orange & only 1 game in Orange/Brown/Brown.

Hotter Than July > Thriller