Unpopular Opinions

The Phoenix Coyotes' original logo was terrible--a boxy dog wearing a "Phantom of the Opera" mask.

I thought everyone knew that, but the comments in the NHL 2014 thread lead me to believe that people love it.

Designed by pablo picasso, right ?

:)

Think it was cool when the players in the NBA All-star game had their respective team jerseys on. Repping their/your team bigtime......looked cool when there was 3 or more from the same team on the court at the same time

I agree. It bothered me that the West always had to be in dark, even if they were "home", because of the Lakers. Now that the Lakers have a white uniform, it would be a non-issue.

• Like 1

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Think it was cool when the players in the NBA All-star game had their respective team jerseys on. Repping their/your team bigtime......looked cool when there was 3 or more from the same team on the court at the same time

I agree. It bothered me that the West always had to be in dark, even if they were "home", because of the Lakers. Now that the Lakers have a white uniform, it would be a non-issue.

I wish the NHL would do this (really all leagues, for that matter). ASG uniforms tend to suck, reflecting the most awful of current design trends. There's just something really great about seeing all the different looks from around the league playing on the same field at once.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

The MLB All Start game looks the best IMO. And that works with baseball with most teams having a white home and a grey away. I also love seeing them all next to each other because you can really see the little differences especially the different greys used by each team.

I wonder how a Pro Bowl would look if each team wore a recolored version of their respecitve jersey (helmet included).

I wish the NHL would do this (really all leagues, for that matter). ASG uniforms tend to suck, reflecting the most awful of current design trends. There's just something really great about seeing all the different looks from around the league playing on the same field at once.

Only league to do it is MLB, and it´s not too exciting there, since it´s white vs. gray as most regular games.......kinda strange that they are the only league to use reg. game jerseys in all-star games, since they do make jerseys with "american" and "national" on them for the home-run derby

These black Flyers jerseys were pretty good.

Philadelphia-Flyers-Black-Jersey-1997-20

If they had a hem stripe in the same scheme, they'd make an excellent third for the Flyer's current set.

I don't think that's too much of an unpopular opinion among us Flyers fans. It's when they became the default away jersey that people (including me) had a problem with it. The Flyers are orange and black but that was a great alternate.

• Like 1

I don't know if this is unpopular or not, or if it has been posted already or not, but I hate everything about the Florida Panthers look. Way too many colours, about 50 something non-primary logos, a new jersey every other year and a too-detailed logo for my liking to top it all off.

Forgive me if I exaggerated, but it's along the same lines. Red, white, blue and gold bothers me. Having a primary along with a roundel logo, a palm tree logo, and a plethora of others bothers me. Changing home jersey colours as often as they do bothers me. And as good as an artist as I am, if I can't quickly sketch your logo onto my notebook, that bothers me.

These black Flyers jerseys were pretty good.

Philadelphia-Flyers-Black-Jersey-1997-20

If they had a hem stripe in the same scheme, they'd make an excellent third for the Flyer's current set.

I don't think that's too much of an unpopular opinion among us Flyers fans. It's when they became the default away jersey that people (including me) had a problem with it. The Flyers are orange and black but that was a great alternate.

Pretty much my opinion on them as well. They worked for an alternate pretty nicely, but it was overload when they adopted black as their full-time uniform for the entire 2000s. Don't think black would work too well with the current set for a recolor alt, however.

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

I don't know if this is unpopular or not, or if it has been posted already or not, but I hate everything about the Florida Panthers look. Way too many colours, about 50 something non-primary logos, a new jersey every other year and a too-detailed logo for my liking to top it all off.

Forgive me if I exaggerated, but it's along the same lines. Red, white, blue and gold bothers me. Having a primary along with a roundel logo, a palm tree logo, and a plethora of others bothers me. Changing home jersey colours as often as they do bothers me. And as good as an artist as I am, if I can't quickly sketch your logo onto my notebook, that bothers me.

They no longer use the roundel logo. They don't have a plethora of other logos - "50 something non-primary logo" is not only an exaggeration, it's a really bad exaggeration. Check out the mothership and see what logos they currently use. It's not many. They don't change home jersey colors that often, either.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

WSU151 my mistake. I think they have three, I didn't count but I definitely thought there was more than the three or so there is in actuality, for sure. They also don't change the jerseys up, either. Although you're right about the logos and the jersey colours and how often they change, they do have too many colours, and a far too detailed logo.

Here's a new one for me: I think the Buffalo Bills logo would look better if the colors were reversed, a red buffalo leaping through a blue streak. And would tie-in better to their older logo, which was also a red buffalo.