Unpopular Opinions

Carolina Panthers sould drop silver from their color scheme. In my mind their uniforms would look much better if you swapped silver with white.

As a Panther fan myself, I've given this some thought and actually agree. The silver really is extraneous. A simple Black/Carolina Blue/White color scheme would freshen (and clean) up Carolina's look while not being that big of a departure from their look.

Don't get me wrong, I like how the Panthers have kept their uniforms virtually unchanged from their inception, but with the new logo and wordmark, they need to tweak their look. Make the number font a little more if not exactly like the wordmark (with outlines), replace any silver with white, and you should be good.

If the NFL ever lightens up on its alternate helmet rule (though I can see why they may not), I'd love to see a regular white helmet with pretty much the design of the current silver helmets and an alternate black helmet with a slightly oversized logo.

Edited by DustDevil61

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Carolina Panthers sould drop silver from their color scheme. In my mind their uniforms would look much better if you swapped silver with white.

As a Panther fan myself, I've given this some thought and actually agree. The silver really is extraneous. A simple Black/Carolina Blue/White color scheme would freshen (and clean) up Carolina's look while not being that big of a departure from their look.

Don't get me wrong, I like how the Panthers have kept their uniforms virtually unchanged from their inception, but with the new logo and wordmark, they need to tweak their look. Make the number font a little more if not exactly like the wordmark (with outlines), replace any silver with white, and you should be good.

If the NFL ever lightens up on its alternate helmet rule (though I can see why they may not), I'd love to see a regular white helmet with pretty much the design of the current silver helmets and an alternate black helmet with a slightly oversized logo.

my idea is to just add white to the palette, and probably switch the helmet to black. or to get really brave, replace the silver with copper. just something to separate them from the Lions a bit

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I know I'll get murdered for saying this, but the Buffaslug isn't all that bad

The Buffaslug itself is awful but the uniforms were somewhat decent. They're the opposite of the current third, which has the classic logo but a :censored: uniform.

• Like 2

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

yeah... i honestly think the sabres would look better if they just did a fish-sticks style logo change to the buffaslug uniforms with the classic logo.

the so-navy-its-black with silver and mustard looks like an obvious downgrade from the REAL classic sabres uniforms... going with that ultra modern template with the classic logo would have been a better way to pay tribute to their heritage while still being their own modern entity.

but i think i've said before in this thread that i really thought the buffaslug template was really nice looking, despite the logo.

-edit- looks like someone mocked this up already. found it on google. works for me a lot better than what buffalo is currently wearing.

ShaunFiedler-BUF.png

Yeah, adding the classic logo and getting rid of the front number goes a long way towards improving those. Still not as good as the originals, though. The originals are the best, while the current jerseys are second and I have a hard time deciding which is worse between the Goat Head and Buffaslug.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Yeah, adding the classic logo and getting rid of the front number goes a long way towards improving those. Still not as good as the originals, though. The originals are the best, while the current jerseys are second and I have a hard time deciding which is worse between the Goat Head and Buffaslug.

The Buffaslug is worse, it was genuinely ugly. The goat head in and of itself was fine, just not really appropriate for the Sabres

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

yeah... i honestly think the sabres would look better if they just did a fish-sticks style logo change to the buffaslug uniforms with the classic logo.

the so-navy-its-black with silver and mustard looks like an obvious downgrade from the REAL classic sabres uniforms... going with that ultra modern template with the classic logo would have been a better way to pay tribute to their heritage while still being their own modern entity.

but i think i've said before in this thread that i really thought the buffaslug template was really nice looking, despite the logo.

-edit- looks like someone mocked this up already. found it on google. works for me a lot better than what buffalo is currently wearing.

ShaunFiedler-BUF.png

I don't know. A lot of minor league and junior teams wore (and continue to wear) this template and even without the buffaslug ruining it it still just looked like a bad, trying too hard, modern football jersey worn over hockey equipment.

PvO6ZWJ.png

i like the design. it at least shows some more creativity in design than most fill-in-the-blank panels and pipings that pass for "modern" today.

you can't blame buffalo for other teams overusing the template, either.

regardless, the sabres are never going to touch it again, so it's a moot point. much like the mooterus template in dallas, it may have been able to work under different circumstances (different logos or colors) but now it's too associated with embarrassment to ever see the ice again.

i like the design. it at least shows some more creativity in design than most fill-in-the-blank panels and pipings that pass for "modern" today.

regardless, the sabres are never going to touch it again, so it's a moot point. much like the mooterus template in dallas, it may have been able to work under different circumstances (different logos or colors) but now it's too associated with embarrassment to ever see the ice again.

it could work for a team like the Fort Worth Brahmas. Swap out the mooterus and use the Brahmas colors and it wouldn't be a bad look.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Personally, I actually like the Washington Huskies football jerseys. The purple colors are cool and represent the Pacific Northwest very well. I just hope the rumors aren't true that they are going to make a massive switch now that they have a new head football coach. BTW: The chrome helmets made their jerseys stand out even better.

52479a8a4e420.preview-620.jpg

Speaking of Washington, I preferred their purple helmet

• Like 1

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I'm not and I'm not counting that as a knock against it. I'm saying that I've seen it in other colors and with other logos than the Buffaslug and I've never thought it looked good.

PvO6ZWJ.png