Unpopular Opinions

Most Underated set of Stros unis:

1982uni.gif

Yes folks, the firearm stripes. These would look so great as a alternate jersey for the team. I love everything about them. That being said, the 90's set is a close second with me. The set they have now is meh. Nothing over the top, but too simple.

:wub:(dance):boogie:(bow):jawdrop::censored:(sleepz):puke::woot::sleeping::hockeysmiley::therock::oops:

I think I like smilies too much!

I think the old

1982uni.gif

Yes folks, the firearm stripes. These would look so great as a alternate jersey for the team. I love everything about them. That being said, the 90's set is a close second with me. The set they have now is meh. Nothing over the top, but too simple.

Those aren't even underrated. It's like the most popular and well liked ugly uniform out there. Maybe even more than the Creamiscles from the old Bucs. I would say they're just well.. rated. Great uniform and also my favorite.

1982uni.gif

My favorite part of that uniform were the caps.

This is a really cool uniform:

I love the chrome affect of it, it didn't look like a garbage bag to me. TBH I've never seen footage of it in play, only pictures, so maybe it looked silly in action, but from what I've seen it looked pretty sleek.

.Dallas-Mavericks-2003-04-Alternate-Jerse

• Like 1

Washington Nationals/Montreal Expos: 45 Years, no World Series or pennant.

Chicago Bears: 1 NFL championship in the last 50 years.

When will my teams' futility end?

I never saw what was so awful about those, either. I wear shiny dark grey gym shorts a lot for running and stuff.

This is straight-up egomaniacal, I know, but my favorite Astros uniform was the one I designed for the Concepts folder like three years ago. None of their real-world uniforms have been any good.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• 2 weeks later...

Prob a very unpopular Opinion, but i don´t like seeing all MLB players in #42, MLB goes overboard with this every year........and MLB.com is filled with the same stories every year as well, Why can´t they let it go, and maybe do this jersey thing when J.R (would)turn 100 years old.

His jersey number is retired, still all players wear it , i think it is stupid, especially to do it every damn year.

This is a really cool uniform:

I love the chrome affect of it, it didn't look like a garbage bag to me. TBH I've never seen footage of it in play, only pictures, so maybe it looked silly in action, but from what I've seen it looked pretty sleek.

.Dallas-Mavericks-2003-04-Alternate-Jerse

I remember seeing that game on TV. I remember that jersey was in NBA Live 2004, which came out before the season started. The jersey was just a grey color and not glossy at all, so when the Mavs came out onto the court wearing that I was really surprised because they took a decent idea and ruined it.

bSLCtu2.png

Prob a very unpopular Opinion, but i don´t like seeing all MLB players in #42, MLB goes overboard with this every year........and MLB.com is filled with the same stories every year as well, Why can´t they let it go, and maybe do this jersey thing when J.R (would)turn 100 years old. His jersey number is retired, still all players wear it , i think it is stupid, especially to do it every damn year.

I agree, no baseball player should be above mlb that everyone has to wear their number.

I get it, the country was mean once upon a time and didn't allow colored people in the mlb, do we have to be reminded of it every year?

If everyone is truly equal then we shouldn't have to come across as kissing their asses for the past still.

But that's just my opinion.

Prob a very unpopular Opinion, but i don´t like seeing all MLB players in #42, MLB goes overboard with this every year........and MLB.com is filled with the same stories every year as well, Why can´t they let it go, and maybe do this jersey thing when J.R (would)turn 100 years old. His jersey number is retired, still all players wear it , i think it is stupid, especially to do it every damn year.

I agree, no baseball player should be above mlb that everyone has to wear their number.

I get it, the country was mean once upon a time and didn't allow colored people in the mlb, do we have to be reminded of it every year?

If everyone is truly equal then we shouldn't have to come across as kissing their asses for the past still.

While I think everyone wearing 42 is a bit much, I don't think the impact of Jackie Robinson's achievements should be ignored or saved for the major anniversaries. I think remembering him and paying tribute to him every year is the right thing to do.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I think these are really, really underrated Astros uniforms

DK94_display_image.jpg?1271113356

2euk6ef.jpg

Those are boring. 1990s blandness at its finest.

2 words I never thought I'd see used together in a uniform discussion context

I actually agree with that. Another uniform that fits into that small category:

mcdyess_nuggets_01_200.jpg

If you want to see boring Astros unis, look at the current set. The 90s star unis at least had some sense of modern aesthetic to them. No way I would call them boring.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

While I think everyone wearing 42 is a bit much, I don't think the impact of Jackie Robinson's achievements should be ignored or saved for the major anniversaries. I think remembering him and paying tribute to him every year is the right thing to do.

I'm not saying he should be completely ignored, bring it up, show the clips, Hell wear a patch for the day, but they don't have to go to the ridiculous lengths that they currently do.

I really dislike everyone wearing 42. That's akin to the days before players wore numbers. I can't tell who's who on most teams. And since they don't have names on the back, it's even worse.

I would rather they stick to a patch on each team's sleeve and for me, I'd rather it be every five years, but I certainly am OK with every year.

• Like 2

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Damn, that is alot of expensive jerseys that get a #42 on them every year......they prob. auction them off or something.......just don´t see anyone paying alot of money for a lets say Angels jersey with no name and 42 on it ........guess i am just a little bitter since i like to buy jerseys and i/we have to pay 200 or 300 dollars for a jersey, and they just "ruin" 500 jerseys every year, lol

Damn, that is alot of expensive jerseys that get a #42 on them every year......they prob. auction them off or something.......just don´t see anyone paying alot of money for a lets say Angels jersey with no name and 42 on it ........guess i am just a little bitter since i like to buy jerseys and i/we have to pay 200 or 300 dollars for a jersey, and they just "ruin" 500 jerseys every year, lol

I don't think they auction them off because what cause would the proceeds go to.

The Blue Jays sell them at their team shop for less than the price of a brand-new authentic.

That is just insane, a slap in the face of everyone, both the people who make the jerseys and the people who pay 2-300 for a jersey with a current player name and number on the back.