Unpopular Opinions

Red and blue are horribly overused color schemes (in the MLB, 11/30 teams use a variation of red/blue)

Gray uniforms need to be done away with in baseball

Powder blue/navy blue is the new teal/purple

The 9ers new uniforms were a MAJOR downgrade. So much so in fact that it caused me to capitalize and bold the word major. All the previous uniforms needed were some light tweaks to get it working properly(losing drop shadow, making helmet stripe match pants stripe, take logo off sleeves and outline the stripes on the sleeves like the tweaked numbers.)

Unpopular opinion or not, I actually thought the 49ers through the mid-late 90s up through the season before last were the perfect example of how tasteful addition of black trim enhanced their uniforms' appearance. The drop shadows added a "western" feel, to me anyway. The only thing I really found wrong with the previous set was the incongruity of the pants and helmet stripe (that is, the red offset by thin gold on the pants, which wasn't present on the helmet stripe). I didn't even so much mind the darker cardinal. Actually felt they were among the sharpest uniforms in the league. In retrospect, I still do.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Flyers white nameplate. LOVE IT.

Pittsburgh+Penguins+v+Philadelphia+Flyers+BXGu7s3gSucl.jpg

However, the black nameplates on the Winter Classic and soon-to-be road jerseys? Hate it. No point to it, and there's no historical precedent.

I'm not a fan of this jersey at all. The nameplate is just one of the things I dislike about it.

As much as they went with a template-based design for their initial Edge-ification, I thought that set was near-perfect for them. All it needed was maybe some minor changes to the black jersey, or even an orange version of that to complete the set.

Sure, this throwback to the Flyers' early days was cool for the Winter Classic, but adopting this as their primary uniform was a huge downgrade in my opinion.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017