Unpopular Opinions

Yeah, your response wasn't offensive Darth. I just know it's unpopular opinion for someone to say they love the Buffaslug and the uniforms. If Buffalo really wants to get it right, they just need to copy the Boston Bruins' post-edge template, substitute black for navy, eliminate silver completely to make the retro look work, and then use the original logo, while creating a retro-styled version of the B-Sabre shoulder logo, and finally keep the current number and letter fonts to make the jersey appear modern like the Capitals too.

Some more unpopular opinions that I forgot about...

NBA: The "new" Los Angeles Clipper uniforms are horrible, and the NBA should limit teams to only a home and away uniform, with throwbacks only being used once at home and once on the road for meaningful anniversaries (25 years, 50 years, 75 years, etc.). To make it 10 years isn't an accomplishment, in this sports climate, it's expected. Hell, the Jacksonville Jaguars and Florida Panthers have been around for at least 10 years.

NFL: The New England Patriots have a solid identity, "flying elvis" and jerseys included, even their silver alternate jersey was flawless and one of my favorite jerseys to wear around town.

NHL: The Anaheim Ducks/Mighty Ducks of Anaheim have always had a bad identity, logo, uniform and all. The Vancouver Canucks should go back to black/gold/and red uniforms, since those have been the only times that the franchise has appeared in the Stanley Cup Finals, and while I hated their V-jerseys, I loved their 1994 uniforms, both home and away. The league should also put a ban on this influx of double-blue jerseys, first the Pittsburgh Penguins, and now the Florida Panthers... disgusting...

• 2 weeks later...

Since the death of the Buffaslug has been one of today's hot topics, I'm gonna go ahead and say that I don't think it was that bad.

Sure, it's not the most appealing thing around since it... well, looks like a slug. For some reason it kind of grew on me. Not to say that it's one of the greatest hockey logos ever - because it's not - but I think there are worse things out there. And hey, at least their primary logo wasn't made into a wordmark. :rolleyes:

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Since the death of the Buffaslug has been one of today's hot topics, I'm gonna go ahead and say that I don't think it was that bad.

Sure, it's not the most appealing thing around since it... well, looks like a slug. For some reason it kind of grew on me. Not to say that it's one of the greatest hockey logos ever - because it's not - but I think there are worse things out there. And hey, at least their primary logo wasn't made into a wordmark. :rolleyes:

I like it better than their lackluster wordmark third they are using this year.

Oh my, how creative! You guys have a wordmark with a tiny logo! That's freaking amazing!

Sigh.

2ly2w09.jpg

I like it better than their lackluster wordmark third they are using this year.

Oh my, how creative! You guys have a wordmark with a tiny logo! That's freaking amazing!

Sigh.

//Double Sigh...

tumblr_l41hgrvBOM1qzvqipo1_500.png

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

I really like the current Toronto Blue Jays uniforms, colors, and logos.

I like the black Athletics jersey.

I liked the Royals' set when they had black in their identity.

I liked the Anaheim Angels pinstriped/Disney set (not sure how "unpopular" that was though).

I liked the Texas Rangers' set when they had black in their identity.

I think the current Milwaukee Brewers' set is far superior to the ball-in-glove era. I also liked the mid-late 90's Brewers' identity better than the BiG era.

I didn't mind the Pitt Pirates' red vests.

I don't mind the O's "O's" cap.

I like the BuffaSlug.

I like everything about the Charlotte Bobcats' identity.

I like everything about the L.A. Clippers' identity.

I like everything about the NJ Nets identity.

I've grown to like the OKC Thunder's logo/colors/uniforms.

I like the Washington Wizards colors and logo.

I don't mind the Mets using black in their identity. I do think they should tone it down a little.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

• 2 weeks later...

**Likes**

56434081.jpg

Alot of people wanted something more resemblant to the Hartford Whalers. But this is the minor leagues, save the Whalers logo for when they return to the NHL. This is a great logo for the team. As for being too cartoonish, I'm not going to fuss over that. Half the league has a cartoonish primary logo, many of which were more poorly designed than this one.

I don't like the Rays plaid bills.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

90860803771016249842.jpg

No, sir, I don't like it. It just confused me as a kid because it looked like the C was being crossed out, and I couldn't tell with what. Why do you cross out your own insignia? Now I know that they are tomahawks, but it still looks pretty bad.

Crossing out the C is a fundamental error to me. The tomahawks should be supporting it, not covering it. Putting them in the back says, "Yeah, well if you try to cross Chicago, you'll have us tomahawks to worry about!" They would be backing up the city, not blotting it out.

Found this thread a couple days ago and I think it needs revived... plus I'm new and I need to start making some posts.

These may be my favorite NBA uniforms of all time:

81409216.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215ABF3343C02EA54814812940A72A2DE89DB4F770FD1C8356C221AD5CF696A919

Also potentially in the unpopular category: My beloved Cleveland Browns need a logo. A good one just hasn't been designed yet (the Dawg Pound logo comes closest, but it's a long way off).

teamlogossig.png

There comes a point when you don't stand for the constant heartbreak anymore, and walk away.

90860803771016249842.jpg

No, sir, I don't like it. It just confused me as a kid because it looked like the C was being crossed out, and I couldn't tell with what. Why do you cross out your own insignia? Now I know that they are tomahawks, but it still looks pretty bad.

Crossing out the C is a fundamental error to me. The tomahawks should be supporting it, not covering it. Putting them in the back says, "Yeah, well if you try to cross Chicago, you'll have us tomahawks to worry about!" They would be backing up the city, not blotting it out.

I hate the sans-serif C so much.

330zl3b.png

• 2 months later...

I hate the Flyers off colour nameplates that everyone seems to love.

I also hate the NHL's retro return

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I love the Rays' plaid billed hats and the Philadelphia Flyers current jerseys WITH the nameplate.

I hate the Flyers off colour nameplates that everyone seems to love.

If yauger72 loves the Flyers jerseys WITH the off-color nameplate -- apparently believing that it is unpopular -- then why does nash61 think everyone seems to love them? :wacko: