Unpopular Opinions

Below is my favorite college football jersey ever. I think the block font is way better than the loopy font everyone loves so much. That font just does not say "football" to me.

ucla-ticket-page-250-08.jpg

I love the true blue and gold. I hate seeing UCLA moving away from that look.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

I like the original orca uniforms/color scheme for the Canucks. I don't even care that the logo represents the ownership group. I even liked the gradient alt at the time (I'd have to see it on the ice to know how I feel about it now). The only era of uniforms I would put ahead of the red/blue/black orca are the current ones.

• Like 1

The Jaguars helmet needs to be just one color.

GOLD is that color.

JTXDuC8.jpg

That's not an unpopular opinion at all, everyone hates the Jags' helmet.

I think it should be because there is very little gold anywhere else on the uniform & there is a lot of gold on the logo which I think from long distance you would lose some of the logo. Although that would not necessarily be a bad thing since it is not that good of a logo.

The navy/dark red color combo is the only color scheme that reminds me of lumberjacks, which is the direction I think the Canucks should take.

Gotta disagree with that. On top of representing the region perfectly and looking beautiful, blue and green is much more of a "lumberjack" colour scheme.

Besides, the last thing we need is another red and blue team.

Best Jaguars helmet was black with teal flake. That was inspired. The Ravens should have done the same but with purple.

That's an unpopular opinion? Or are you just throwing your three cents (damn inflation!) into the Jags helmet discussion?

Best Jaguars helmet was black with teal flake. That was inspired. The Ravens should have done the same but with purple.

That's an unpopular opinion? Or are you just throwing your three cents (damn inflation!) into the Jags helmet discussion?

Half and half. Mostly just getting in on the conversation, but I know lots of people get snitty about anything other than a regular helmet finish.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Yeah I don't think the teal flaked helmet was received that well around here. But I agree, that would work better with the current look.

The Jaguars below the neck have grown on me. Say what you want about Nike's NFL redesigns, but there's no way you can tell me the Reebok ones that came before are better than what the Jags have now (besides the botched helmet), bearing in mind the Jaguars were emphasizing the black on the previous set more than they did with the teal anyway.

EDIT FOR CLARIFICATION: Obviously the original sets still blow away the current sets. I'm just comparing the Nike redesign neck-to-toe to Reebok's redesign neck-to-toe.

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse