Unpopular Opinions

I don't want to see the St. Louis Rams return to royal blue and yellow uniforms. It looked good in the 70's, but hey that was the seventies.

The navy and gold uniforms look good in the absence of khaki pants, side panels on the jerseys, toilet bowl collars and bad trim.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Hmm... I had no idea that so many hated the Jaguars teal flakes, but if so, chalk me up as someone with an unpopular opinion.

jagshelmet.png

Beyoootiful!

That's wasn't bad...but I think a matte teal helmet would look great.

And I'm actually coming around on the jerseys...minus that stupid "JAGS" patch? I am not a fan of shortening up team names like 'Fins, 'Skins (which is terrible), or 'Boys.

This is my favorite post-Lombardi Packers uniform.... only ever used in 1988.

1989-topps-don-majkowski.jpg

1988_GreenBay.png

Sort-of related, but I also loved the way they stretched Phillip Epps' last name out on the back of his jersey.

epps2.jpg

That G was used from 1984-1989 dude! That post-Lombardi era uniforms is called the Forrest Gregg era uniforms from 1984-1989. Lindy Infinte kept the uniform style after Gregg retired from coaching. Then some other coach did away with the design or Ron Wolf did in 1990 or 1991 I believe, but kept the Forrest Gregg collar piping.

The Jaguars helmet needs to be just one color.

GOLD is that color.

JTXDuC8.jpg

I am the opposite, I think matte black works for the Jags more than gold would.

Yeah, I think I'd prefer that over that "gold" crap. A glossy black would be even better.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

That G was used from 1984-1989 dude! That post-Lombardi era uniforms is called the Forrest Gregg era uniforms from 1984-1989. Lindy Infinte kept the uniform style after Gregg retired from coaching. Then some other coach did away with the design or Ron Wolf did in 1990 or 1991 I believe, but kept the Forrest Gregg collar piping.

The only year the Packers wore the jerseys with the G's with the green-white-green striped pants was 1988. From 1984-87, the pants stripes went green-white-gold-white-green with an oval at the top with the player's number, and the G's were taken off the jerseys before the 1989 season.

Either way, I think the 1988 uniforms are the best the Packers have looked since Lombardi left the team. But I still think the unis they wore in the first two Super Bowls are the best they've ever looked.

I don't think Dallas should change their color scheme and get rid of the silver-green for a basic silver. It's iconic to the Cowboys. Sure it may "be awkward with their uniforms", but it's as iconic as the star on top of those silver-green helmets.

It's as iconic as the annual disappointment that is being a fan of a losing team! (I'm joking, after all, I am a Lions fan) :lol:

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

I don't think Dallas should change their color scheme and get rid of the silver-green for a basic silver. It's iconic to the Cowboys. Sure it may "be awkward with their uniforms", but it's as iconic as the star on top of those silver-green helmets.

If the silver-green is so iconic, then they should just eliminate the basic silver and use the silver-green everywhere. If they do that, match the blues, and give the blue jersey the same striping pattern as the white jersey, then they will have one of the best identities in the league.

• Like 1

If the silver-green is so iconic, then they should just eliminate the basic silver and use the silver-green everywhere. If they do that, match the blues, and give the blue jersey the same striping pattern as the white jersey, then they will have one of the best identities in the league.

It should be navy blue and silver-green across the board.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

For baseball uniforms, I think high socks are a better look than stirrups. I just don't get the point of having a little white showing at the bottom. MLB usually have plenty of a neutral color (white, gray, cream, etc.) displayed on the jerseys and pants; there's no need to add more.