Unpopular Opinions

I really like the new Bucs uniforms. When they were first unveiled, I thought they were hideous, but now that they've seen game action I think they look good. The font isn't perfect, but I think it is passable with the look they have.

If they changed the number font then I might agree with you

If the Bucs had changed the number font to something more acceptable, it would have been a pretty popular update. People have invented all sorts of other things that they feel are wrong with the uniforms to justify the hate, but really, they are a terrific update bar the numbers.

Even with the numbers they don't deserve the sort of treatment they get on here.

I love the Jaguars New uniforms. The helmet might take some time to get used to, but the jerseys are absolutely beautiful. In fact, I think the new uniforms are miles better than the old ones.

I agree

I like the Nike two colored flywire collar Nike started using in 2012. It gives the jerseys sort of a polo shirt look and that is amazing.

Never thought of that

The Jaguars' new jerseys are better than the ones they replaced because what isn't, but they're still very flawed, the logo is too detailed, and the helmet is a bad joke.

UNPOPULAR JAGUAR OPINION: I was not totally averse to black numerals on the last non-crappy road uniforms. Teal would have been ideal, of course, but black matched the helmets and socks (and sometimes pants) well enough that I didn't mind it all that much.

EDIT: Come to think of it, they wore black pants with black socks a lot, didn't they? That'sa no good. Maybe if they had had teal socks, they could have gone black helmet/teal numbers/black pants/teal socks. That has a good rhythm to it.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I love the Kings modern identity. Word mark, logo, jersey,etc.

I agree. While I don't mind them in purple (and TBH, who else in the NHL should wear purple?), they've always seemed right in black and silver from the Gretzky era.

I really like the new Bucs uniforms. When they were first unveiled, I thought they were hideous, but now that they've seen game action I think they look good. The font isn't perfect, but I think it is passable with the look they have.

The Bucs look good...from the neck up. Their logo (even the new one) is a great fit to be oversized on a helmet, and the helmet gives a great metallic feel. But I'll disagree and say that they needed to keep thing pretty much the same aside from the helmet. Or, with the new set, at least tone down (read: round) the numbers and break up all the red main jersey and pewter shoulders with some orange and white. (On the whites, replace white with red).

I love the Jaguars New uniforms. The helmet might take some time to get used to, but the jerseys are absolutely beautiful. In fact, I think the new uniforms are miles better than the old ones.

The Jags look all right...from the neck down, as long as they don't go monochrome. And I'd prefer them to wear their teal uniforms as their primaries. I'd elongate the pants rectangle, but everything else should just about the same.

While I'm on the subject, I've come around on the Seahawks uniforms. They're certainly not perfect, but they're a few tweaks (mostly color consistency and maybe a little more green) from being an outstanding modern set. The Navy/Lime Green/Gray color scheme is outstanding, especially for a team from Seattle. I'd even go a step further and suggest they either drop white from their color scheme entirely or make their white uniforms an alternate.

Also, from the NBA and my home state, the Utah Jazz's current set may be top 2 material (besides the 1980s-1996 set). While I agree that tweaking their colors (navy to purple/royal/indigo or forest to kelly) would be ideal (or using a color scheme from the past), they can seriously keep the uniform template, update the J-note logo/script font (I do not recognize MountainBall as their logo) to something more "western" (something like SFGiants58's concept with a new mountainball on the J-note), and I'd be content with their uniforms into perpetuity. Fitting some subtle mountains may add some spice to their look, but that's about it.

Edited by DustDevil61
  • Like 1

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

I like the Nike two colored flywire collar Nike started using in 2012. It gives the jerseys sort of a polo shirt look and that is amazing.

It's the wrong kind of football for a polo shirt look to be a good thing.

Count me as part of the group that would like to see the Jaguars switch to teal helmets once they're eligible to change the uniforms. Also, change the number color on the teal alternate jerseys from black to white.

Could one of our resident photoshoppers be kind enough to show us all how the Jags current uniform combos. would look with a teal helmet

Hotter Than July > Thriller

I don't like the Packers road uniform. Too much yellow, not enough green.

Have to disagree with you there. The majority of the NFL teams have a better look for their home colored jerseys over the away white unis. The Packers are one of a very few exceptions. Personally they look a whole lot better wearing the road whites than they do with the home greens (and for that matter the throwback jerseys). Don't get me wrong, I love the forest green/gold look, but I think the road look stands out more IMO.

Nope. The green jersey is the Packers. I'm not crazy about the road uniform, it never feels right to me, but concepts with white or green pants feel even less right, no matter how much I convince myself otherwise.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I'm one of the weird ones who prefers the Packers' road look. I get that the road look is "too yellow", but to me, the home look is not as good. Even with the white numbers, it feels like it's too saturated. I can't explain it. It's probably just bad memories from seeing the hated Packers be a perennial playoff team which was unbeatable at home, going to two Superbowls in my youth.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I get what people mean when they say the Packers road uniforms have too much yellow, but I really only notice it when they're playing indoors or on turf under artificial lighting. I've gone on record saying that I wouldn't mind if the Packers introduced a pair of green pants (with gold-green-white-green-gold stripes) that they'd wear only for indoor games.

A major flaw I have with the Braves' set that most people don't seem to care about...

jason_heyward_87_large.jpg

7734708.jpg

Sorry, but that triple placket piping looks atrocious. Along with the outlined, cursive script and the tomahawk, it clutters the front of the jersey way too much.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12