Unpopular Opinions

the way the toronto raptors have embraced the poor grammar of their "We The North" slogan is embarrassing and exactly why i can't stand to watch basketball.

Our Constitution starts the same way

Yeah, but Jefferson also spelled it "happinefs" in the Declaration of Independence, so maybe let's not pay attention to them for 21st century grammar and spelling.

the_pursuit_of_happinefs.jpg

it wasn't "happinefs" because the f in "of" is completely different. If anything, it's closer to a j, but stroke-wise, it's still an s. Just not a normal cursive s.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Washington State has the worst logo in major Division 1 college athletics.

I have no idea how popular or unpopular that opinion is but I really, really don't like that logo. Is it the worst? I don't know, but it's close.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I'm pretty sure there have been a couple years the NFL has used multiple uniform manufacturers for the teams (Adidas, Puma, Wilson) rather than having one for the whole year (Reebok, Nike)... I'd like to see that again just to see what teams would bite on the chance to sport either Under Armour, Nike, or Adidas like in college. I would assume the Ravens would go for Under Armour and I would love to see what they'd come up with

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure there have been a couple years the NFL has used multiple uniform manufacturers for the teams (Adidas, Puma, Wilson) rather than having one for the whole year (Reebok, Nike)... I'd like to see that again just to see what teams would bite on the chance to sport either Under Armour, Nike, or Adidas like in college. I would assume the Ravens would go for Under Armour and I would love to see what they'd come up with

That was at least the case for the late 80s to late 90s.

But if that happened now, I fear the manufacturers would be trying to push on the NFL what they are doing in college. I think the league/teams would stop them from going totally nuts, but each manufacturer would probably have its "Seahawks". I think I am glad it's only one manufacturer league-wide. Yeah, Nike's pushing the envelope, but it could be worse if it was Nike vs. Adidas head-to-head in games.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

POTD (Shared)

I have no idea how popular or unpopular that opinion is but I really, really don't like that logo. Is it the worst? I don't know, but it's close.

You don't like the cleverness of the logo?

I just like how most people think it's WSC and not WSU, and the thing is, when WSU was Washington State College, there was a WSC version of it.

http://trademarks.wsu.edu/LogoHistory.html

It's not a great helmet logo. and I'm biased, but I don't think it's the worst logo in D1. The Cougars script was far better on the helmets.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I see the "U". I just can't bring myself to see a cougar. Maybe they should be called the "Wild" (i.e., a "general animal"). I think I like the idea ("cleverness") of it better than the execution (which may be impossible to make great). With the whiskers (and eyelashes or just whiskers on the other side), I feel like the "S" looks like a long insect or something.

It's not the worst helmet logo because so many schools do things that don't belong on helmets (mascots, wordmarks/detailed logos, etc.) If better execution was possible, then it would make sense. Given that the logo exists, it makes more sense for a helmet than a cartoon mascot (like at Kansas) or an overly detailed animal (like Fresno State). And I guess I prefer it to giant logos on one side with number on the other, and a bunch of the other stuff that the manufacturers are putting out now. Man, so it's like, middle of the pack. But 15 years ago (before the madness) it would be nearer the bottom because I just cannot see "Cougar" there.

What I do like about Washington State is the colors. In fact, I almost put them in the "good uniforms ruined by bad helmets" thread. But the "helmet" is not that bad; it's just a less-than-good helmet logo.

POTD (Shared)

You don't like the cleverness of the logo?

I just like how most people think it's WSC and not WSU, and the thing is, when WSU was Washington State College, there was a WSC version of it.

http://trademarks.wsu.edu/LogoHistory.html

It's not a great helmet logo. and I'm biased, but I don't think it's the worst logo in D1. The Cougars script was far better on the helmets.

I really like the logo & would not consider it anywhere near the bottom

I see the "U". I just can't bring myself to see a cougar. Maybe they should be called the "Wild" (i.e., a "general animal"). I think I like the idea ("cleverness") of it better than the execution (which may be impossible to make great). With the whiskers (and eyelashes or just whiskers on the other side), I feel like the "S" looks like a long insect or something.

It's not the worst helmet logo because so many schools do things that don't belong on helmets (mascots, wordmarks/detailed logos, etc.) If better execution was possible, then it would make sense. Given that the logo exists, it makes more sense for a helmet than a cartoon mascot (like at Kansas) or an overly detailed animal (like Fresno State). And I guess I prefer it to giant logos on one side with number on the other, and a bunch of the other stuff that the manufacturers are putting out now. Man, so it's like, middle of the pack. But 15 years ago (before the madness) it would be nearer the bottom because I just cannot see "Cougar" there.

What I do like about Washington State is the colors. In fact, I almost put them in the "good uniforms ruined by bad helmets" thread. But the "helmet" is not that bad; it's just a less-than-good helmet logo.

The woman that works next to me went to Washington State so I've been looking at the logo a lot lately. Another point against it is that on one side the Cougar is forced to face the back of the helmet.

I've never liked logos that were the shape of the thing was created by the letters of the name. It was big in the 70's and I've never seen it done well. Plus the W makes the cougar look like it's wearing a goofy hat.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I dislike all the ncaa schools doing the stormtrooper white uni combos. The solid white helmet and face mask with decals looks like a peewee football team. If you are going with white helmets, throw a strip on there with a colored facemask.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again