Unpopular Opinions

There were no striping inconsistencies. The stripes on blue jersey was red surrounding thick white. The stripes on all other elements were red surrounding thick blue, with white stripes added to the helmet to show the red stripes. Unless you desire the consistent to a fault crap like Florida's stripes, I can't see any way that Bills set was inconsistent. Even the numbers were consistent with the striping colors on each jersey, and that's not even necessary.

My only issue with that set was that it was too red-heavy on the road. It would have looked incredible with blue pants and white socks matching the stripes on the white jerseys.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Yes, the Cardinals' black jersey is very much BFBS. They've had black accents on the road jerseys for a while, and in the recent rebrand they added black outlines to the home jersey and some black piping, too. Still, they are the Cardinals and their identity has always been cardinal red. Them taking the field in white helmets and pants with a black jersey, with a tiny bit of red you can't see from any distance is definitely not any kind of organic alternate for them. I'm only surprised they didn't double down on stupid and pair them with black pants, to make the players that much more intimidating.

Exactly - the Cardinals were originally named because of the color of their jerseys. Later on, they adopted the bird as their logo - a bird which is nearly all red.

I think this falls under BFBS.

There were no striping inconsistencies. The stripes on blue jersey was red surrounding thick white. The stripes on all other elements were red surrounding thick blue, with white stripes added to the helmet to show the red stripes. Unless you desire the consistent to a fault crap like Florida's stripes, I can't see any way that Bills set was inconsistent. Even the numbers were consistent with the striping colors on each jersey, and that's not even necessary.

My only issue with that set was that it was too red-heavy on the road. It would have looked incredible with blue pants and white socks matching the stripes on the white jerseys.

Um, yes, there were striping inconsistencies. The helmet, sleeves, and collar/pants all clearly use different striping patterns.

I do agree with your point about the road uniforms being too red-heavy. However, when that set was first introduced, they had the perfect solution:

8-joe-ferguson-qb_pg_600.jpg?01AD=3Z2w_H

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

9c899ab839ad94724b403d5faca47d0a.jpg

The striping inconsistencies drove me nuts with that set... they also looked like the Giants.

They should have never gotten rid of the red helmet, though.

I can never forget this image of Fabolous out of my head when I think of the 90s Bills unis.

fab_jimkelly.jpg

I'm a total "watcher" of this site. Love the concepts and the stories behind logos. I can't draw or design for :censored:.

But as far as an unpopular opinion goes....

Am I the only one who loves the Chiefs in all red??

I agree. I never want to see them wear white pants at home again.

Um, yes, there were striping inconsistencies. The helmet, sleeves, and collar/pants all clearly use different striping patterns.

I do agree with your point about the road uniforms being too red-heavy. However, when that set was first introduced, they had the perfect solution:

Please explain the inconsistencies. The stripes, collar and numbers on the blue jersey are thick white with a thin red outline. The stripes, collar and numbers on all other elements (white jerseys, white pants and red helmets) featured a thick blue with a thin red outline, surrounded by white. They literally couldn't get any more consistent unless they went the stupid route of Florida football and put thick blue stripes on the blue jersey just to say they were being really consistent.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

These uniforms: 9c899ab839ad94724b403d5faca47d0a.jpg

are better than these:

tumblr_mreyskG4JC1rwspmho1_500.jpg

The Jim Kelly uniforms at first had blue-red-blue pants stripes. After a while they corrected this and put the helmet stripe on the white pants, but because it's a white base you couldn't see the white stripes.

pic_gallery_3_large.jpg

It was very consistent. The sleeves used double stripes, but by the end of that uniform only the kickers were still wearing the double stripes. Every other player had a single red-white-red stripe of similar thickness to the pants.

Couldn't be more consistent if you tried.

Also those uniforms kicked ass. I wish they still wore them.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I think stripe consistency is a downright stupid thing to complain about

The CCSLC has complained about way more stupid stuff than that.

I get it's the right place to do it, but there's things people hate on here that I didn't even know existed until it was pointed out. I guess I don't have a keen eye

The Oakland Raiders' logo could use an upgrade. I've always liked the Raiders' look, both home and away, but the logo could use some tweaking.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

I like the Islanders horrible logo and jerseys.

You mean the Fisherman, or their BFBS black alternates they no longer wear?

Their home and away.

The confusion was created when you called them "horrible". Tigers's examples better fit that word.

• Like 1

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I like the Islanders horrible logo and jerseys.

You mean the Fisherman, or their BFBS black alternates they no longer wear?

Their home and away.

The confusion was created when you called them "horrible". Tigers's examples better fit that word.

You gotta admit the logo is pretty bad, but i think in a good way.