Unpopular Opinions

I hate the Fisherman logo (too cartoonish and detailed, not a strong enough identity), number font and execution of the striping from that era, but I do LOVE the concept of the wave striping/shoulder yoke and the color scheme.

But what if they added front buttons ?

^^^^^

The problem is no team can pull chrome off right.

The Bucs got close, if they went for a look similar to the Rutgers one I posted, more rustic and weathered, then I think their idea would have worked. The problem with their identity is they overdesigned it, like a Volkswagen, it's too clean and doesn't have enough soul.
The Bucs unis are too CLEAN?

Lolololololololololololololololololololololololol

Clean ≠ Good

Pirates are stereotypically dirty, the Bucs uniforms however, are not. The numbers remind people of an alarm clock, digital clocks weren't invented until 200 years after the existance of pirates.

RTXBIUW.jpg

I mean you're not wrong, but there is no way anyone actually interpreted my post as meaning those pirates

Just looking for a few laughs

I know this is the unpopular opinions thread, but sometimes opinions are wrong.

Opinions are never right or wrong; they're "opinions".

That doesn't save some opinions from being completely stupid.

I respect your opinion :D

Pirates are stereotypically dirty, the Bucs uniforms however, are not. The numbers remind people of an alarm clock, digital clocks weren't invented until 200 years after the existance of pirates.

Maybe they're paying tribute to digital piracy B)

The Ducks' new away unis are ugly because of the black yoke.

Didn't think that was an unpopular opinion but oh well. It probably could've done without the black yoke but I don't mind it. If the current uniforms had to be changed now I'd get rid of the side panels first, and swap 'em out for a hemstripe.

Then again I just spent eight years wanting them to dump the soulless wordmark jerseys for something more visually distinctive, so I'm not going to kick up a fuss for a while :D

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

But as far as an unpopular opinion goes....

Am I the only one who loves the Chiefs in all red??

They looked like ketchup packets in the red helmet/red jersey/red pants look. Unpopular opinion indeed!

Most ketchup packets I've seen are white.

I believe you would be thinking of ketchup bottles...

But yes on topic I like the Chiefs in all red

Nope. Most ketchup bottles I see are red. Most ketchup packets I see are white.

But as far as an unpopular opinion goes....

Am I the only one who loves the Chiefs in all red??

They looked like ketchup packets in the red helmet/red jersey/red pants look. Unpopular opinion indeed!

Most ketchup packets I've seen are white.

I believe you would be thinking of ketchup bottles...

But yes on topic I like the Chiefs in all red

Nope. Most ketchup bottles I see are red. Most ketchup packets I see are white.

I was responding to mafiaman lol
  • Like 1

I wish hockey goalie mask art would only incorporate team logo design.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The Tampa Bay Lightning have never had a decent logo in their entire existence. that includes secondary logos. So much potential, so much mediocrity.

also, tampa's road jersey is far superior to their homes. the Tampa Bay wordmark above the logo gives it SOME kind of visual interest. even though i think it's a subpar lazy design, i'd totally wear a white hedman or stamkos jerseys if i had one.

I'm actually not opposed to BFBS.. in fact, I'm kind of a fan.. I mean, no one has a problem with WFWS, and GFGS gets decent reviews... to me, black, white, and grey are all interchangeable as "neutral" colors.. if a school thinks their color palette looks best against a black background, then I'm all for it...

Don't get me wrong, I still think you can screw it up and do it incorrectly, and black isn't right for everyone, but you can screw up a design using only your colors without black as well..

One example of BFBS done right in my opinion is Washington, although most might not agree.

I'm actually not opposed to BFBS.. in fact, I'm kind of a fan.. I mean, no one has a problem with WFWS, and GFGS gets decent reviews... to me, black, white, and grey are all interchangeable as "neutral" colors.. if a school thinks their color palette looks best against a black background, then I'm all for it...

Don't get me wrong, I still think you can screw it up and do it incorrectly, and black isn't right for everyone, but you can screw up a design using only your colors without black as well..

One example of BFBS done right in my opinion is Washington, although most might not agree.

People hate WFWS and GFGS just as much as BFBS.

• Like 2

...because they don't exist?

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

...because they don't exist?

I see you haven't ventured into the College threads.