Unpopular Opinions

I guess what I mean isn't monochrome white or grey, but the fact that white is universally accepted as a trim color, outline color, etc.. and grey to a great extent as well (lots of Brown's concepts adding grey to color palette and incorporating into uni's).. my main point is that I'm ok with a black jersey or black helmet (or whatever element you choose), adorned appropriately with the team's colors.. like I said, you can screw up a uniform a number of ways, but BFBS (in my opinion) isn't exactly a screw up.. (although there are plenty of ways to screw THAT up as well).. if done right, I'm a fan

I find it odd that when people mention the color issues on the Cowboys' home uniforms, they almost all leave out the black outlines on the sleeve stripes:

dez-bryant-back-cowboys.jpg

I know that this is how the stripes have been outlined since 1966, but they really should have changed it when they returned to this style of home uniform in 1995.

I find it odd that when people mention the color issues on the Cowboys' home uniforms, they almost all leave out the black outlines on the sleeve stripes:

I know that this is how the stripes have been outlined since 1966, but they really should have changed it when they returned to this style of home uniform in 1995.

I was thinking about this the other day, I might be able to handle the mismatched colors but the completely out of place black stripes are the cherry on top that makes the whole thing a horrible mess.

Phillies, Bears, and new NYFC fan.

They probably either don't notice it or think it's navy.

The Flyers' vintage white alts are the first time the fad has bothered me. It looks awesome with the Senators former alts and all other instances have been merely for already pointless special occasion unis.

Those Flyers uniforms would still have no reason to exist without the VW though.

Vintage white doesn't look good on the Senators... Both the current alternate and the matching Heritage Classic iteration are the worst jerseys in the current iteration of the Senators history.

A cartoony whale forming a C in an incredibly awkward forced way without one the team's main colors in it that was created as an advertisement for a company and has an incredibly pointless script on top of it to sell uniforms during the Olympics doesn't look good either.

• Like 1

Vintage white doesn't look good on the Senators... Both the current alternate and the matching Heritage Classic iteration are the worst jerseys in the current iteration of the Senators history.

A cartoony whale forming a C in an incredibly awkward forced way without one the team's main colors in it that was created as an advertisement for a company and has an incredibly pointless script on top of it to sell uniforms during the Olympics doesn't look good either.

That isn't an unpopular opinion. I like the orca... that is an unpopular opinion.

I agree with you one hundred percent.

However that has absolutely nothing to do with the senators in any way shape or form, so it just sounds like you're upset someone is disagreeing with you.

Back to the senators, I don't know how you can think anything but this is the worst uniform they've ever worn.

Jason+Spezza+Ottawa+Senators+v+New+York+

You are correct, forgot about those "Sens" atrocities. The current primaries are extremely flawed but at least they are somewhat close to the teams inaugural look, which remains their best. The heritage jerseys have a primary logo that is not nearly strong enough to serve as one, and of course, the unnecessary vintage white.

My unpopular opinion: The Bucs aren't that bad. They're not great, by any means, but their new uniforms aren't the worst thing that's happened to the NFL like most would have you believe. Let's break it down:

The helmet: The logo is too big. That said, the old one, I feel, was too small, so the new helmet was a step in the right direction, just taken a bit too far. I like the "chrome" (really brushed metal) facemask. It adds to the pirate feel and reminds me of a sword.

The jersey template: When Nike said they were tweaking the Bucs' look, I assumed it would be more akin to the Panthers' new logo. The jersey didn't need to be changed, but if you're gonna modernize a jersey, you could do a lot worse than a plain shoulder yoke with a small, angled accent color. The pewter contrasts nicely with the red or white, and the orange brightens up what is an otherwise dark look, even with the brighter red than before.

The numbers: Alright, there's no defending these. I'm all for non-traditional, non-block numbers, and to be honest, I think the double outline on the old numbers were too thick and made everything look muddy. But this was not the way to go. I tried to think of something other than the popular "alarm clock display" putdown, but it's too accurate.

The pants: I like them. No real complaint. The incomplete stripe up the side also reminds me of a sword, which fits.

The logos: Not bad, but not great either. The old logos were starting to show their age and look very late-90s. They could have been cleaned up a little better than this, though. The new logo looks less like a skull and more like a robot.

Altogether, it's not awful. It's mostly unnecessary, but not bad.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

While We're talking about the Sens, and I don't watch much NHL anymore, but...

ottawa-senators.jpg

this uniform is gorgeous.

Absolutely love it.

[DUCKS]

(throws punch)...(connects)...(gloats in defeat over unconscious body)

15575-boxing-muhammad-ali.jpg

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||