Unpopular Opinions

Here's one I've almost feared telling, while I ADORE their home uniforms and even like their road uniforms (though a white version of their home would be superior and I hate the imbalance of red and blue on the uniforms), I'm not really a fan on the Canadiens logo. It has potential to be a good letter logo as the H within a C could make it so the top half could be perfectly symmetrical to the bottom half, but as is that's not the case.

Phillies, Bears, and new NYFC fan.

The Coyotes desert unis were one of the coolest unis in the league. They went from one of the most unique looks to one of the lamest.

I don't know how much of an unpopular opinion that really is. For everything visually-bizarre of the Picasso-'Yotes look, it did scream 1990s to everyone. It was one of the best looking styles from that decade in the NHL, and very fitting for the Phoenix region. Then they Glendaleified their logos to be one of the worst in the entire league.

Yeah...I hate the look and prefer the current. And I think that is tke unpopular opinion.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I love the Coyotes' old look, but the color scheme never quite grabbed my attention like the design did. Color-wise I'd say they look much better now...but nearly everything else is a significant downgrade from what they used to have.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

My unpopular opinion: The Bucs aren't that bad. They're not great, by any means, but their new uniforms aren't the worst thing that's happened to the NFL like most would have you believe. Let's break it down:

The helmet: The logo is too big. That said, the old one, I feel, was too small, so the new helmet was a step in the right direction, just taken a bit too far. I like the "chrome" (really brushed metal) facemask. It adds to the pirate feel and reminds me of a sword.

The jersey template: When Nike said they were tweaking the Bucs' look, I assumed it would be more akin to the Panthers' new logo. The jersey didn't need to be changed, but if you're gonna modernize a jersey, you could do a lot worse than a plain shoulder yoke with a small, angled accent color. The pewter contrasts nicely with the red or white, and the orange brightens up what is an otherwise dark look, even with the brighter red than before.

The numbers: Alright, there's no defending these. I'm all for non-traditional, non-block numbers, and to be honest, I think the double outline on the old numbers were too thick and made everything look muddy. But this was not the way to go. I tried to think of something other than the popular "alarm clock display" putdown, but it's too accurate.

The pants: I like them. No real complaint. The incomplete stripe up the side also reminds me of a sword, which fits.

The logos: Not bad, but not great either. The old logos were starting to show their age and look very late-90s. They could have been cleaned up a little better than this, though. The new logo looks less like a skull and more like a robot.

Altogether, it's not awful. It's mostly unnecessary, but not bad.

With time I've also gotten used to the Bucs look. Ditch the pewter pants and socks, add an orange jersey with white letters and NOB and we're golden 'til the next rebrand.

My unpopular opinion: The Bucs aren't that bad. They're not great, by any means, but their new uniforms aren't the worst thing that's happened to the NFL like most would have you believe. Let's break it down:

The helmet: The logo is too big. That said, the old one, I feel, was too small, so the new helmet was a step in the right direction, just taken a bit too far. I like the "chrome" (really brushed metal) facemask. It adds to the pirate feel and reminds me of a sword.

The jersey template: When Nike said they were tweaking the Bucs' look, I assumed it would be more akin to the Panthers' new logo. The jersey didn't need to be changed, but if you're gonna modernize a jersey, you could do a lot worse than a plain shoulder yoke with a small, angled accent color. The pewter contrasts nicely with the red or white, and the orange brightens up what is an otherwise dark look, even with the brighter red than before.

The numbers: Alright, there's no defending these. I'm all for non-traditional, non-block numbers, and to be honest, I think the double outline on the old numbers were too thick and made everything look muddy. But this was not the way to go. I tried to think of something other than the popular "alarm clock display" putdown, but it's too accurate.

The pants: I like them. No real complaint. The incomplete stripe up the side also reminds me of a sword, which fits.

The logos: Not bad, but not great either. The old logos were starting to show their age and look very late-90s. They could have been cleaned up a little better than this, though. The new logo looks less like a skull and more like a robot.

With time I've also gotten used to the Bucs look. Ditch the pewter pants and socks, add an orange jersey with white letters and NOB and we're golden 'til the next rebrand.

No you are not at all. Any team wearing that knock-off alarm clock font will automatically look unspeakably bad no matter what.

I wanted to put this in the NFL Changes 2014+ Thread, but then I realized it might be an unpopular opinion...

I love the Redskins throwbacks they have worn for the past 3 years. The dark burgundy and tan(?) is an absolutely perfect combination of colors. If the Redskins were to get new uniforms they should strongly take a look at those for inspiration.

I wanted to put this in the NFL Changes 2014+ Thread, but then I realized it might be an unpopular opinion...

I love the Redskins throwbacks they have worn for the past 3 years. The dark burgundy and tan(?) is an absolutely perfect combination of colors. If the Redskins were to get new uniforms they should strongly take a look at those for inspiration.

I love it, but the NFL's bull :censored: 1 helmet rule eliminated it as a good uniform IMO

dhlJpvy.png
rxzieid.png

No you are not at all. Any team wearing that knock-off alarm clock font will automatically look unspeakably bad no matter what.

I know the alarm clock font is awful. Unbearingly awful. Gut-wrenchingly awful. But the ditching the pewter pants and socks would turn the chicken poop into a somewhat palpitable salad.

Not a fan of Florida State's spears crossing in back of the new helmets.

Me either I think it looks goofy now but the whole look is just goofy to me.

I guess I am just an old foggy now at 37 years old so all you young kids get off my lawn & quiet down as well. :D

I absolutely LOVE Notre Dame's pants and helmets. I like that they don't match. It gives it a throwback feel, IMO. And, I don't really care for shiny gold pants anyway since they would never get them to match those golden domes. So I would rather a drastic difference rather than a slight difference like you see with the Saints' pants and helmets.

notre-dame-michigan-liked.jpg

Notre-Dame-Florida-St-Football-5.jpg

gYH2mW9.png

Stirrups are a bad look in baseball. They're not as horrible as the pajama pants, but the solid socks are the best by far.

This. So much this.

However I would way rather see long pants than stirrups

So you'd rather players look like complete tools instead of a little silly?

Stirrups are a bad look in baseball. They're not as horrible as the pajama pants, but the solid socks are the best by far.

This. So much this.

However I would way rather see long pants than stirrups

So you'd rather players look like complete tools instead of a little silly?

I assume you do not wear pants? I actually like stirrups, but only the low cut kind.

StLouisCardinals.png

CowboysClassic_zpsb3d9923d.png

#9 LSU vs. TCU

Okay, this is probably a highly unpopular opinion, but whatever. This?

slideshow_1222120_6.jpg

This is a horrible jersey. Now, I'm fully aware that the Falcons' current jerseys aren't exactly top-notch, but that hardly excuses these. There's a fine line between beautiful simplicity (Green Bay) and generic movie team (Miami Sharks), and these dance all over that line. First, the color balance is off. I've never really been a fan of the "nothing matches" combo, but these particularly annoy me. Bright red helmets, nice...but where's the rest of the red to bring this together? Why are primarily black socks being worn with this jersey, confining the rest of the red mainly to pants and sock stripes, giving the impression that this is a black/white team, with red as trim (save for the helmet, of course)? And speaking of stripes, why are there none at all on the jersey? There's a clear stripe on the jersey, pants, and socks, so why is the jersey bare, save for numbers and another pet peeve...a 95% black logo, with nothing else save thin white and red outlines, on a black jersey. Brilliant. Maybe this is where some modern looks got the idea from. Truth be told, this doesn't look like an NFL jersey. This looks like a retro Texas Tech knockoff, or some random college squad. I firmly believe that this is one of those looks that only gets praise due to the majority of modern designs going off the rails. Again, there are truly classic looks, and then there are those that pitifully try to imitate them. These are the latter, in my opinion.

• Like 2

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.