Unpopular Opinions

Sure. To me, one of the absolute hallmarks of design (and one that's being blown out of the water in the current climate of sports design) is economy. Along with symmetry, variety, harmony, etc., economy is one of the basic principles of organization. I tell me students all the time, if you can tell the story with 5 lines, sometimes that's all you need. (But usually, they just keep drawing anyway.)

Just like writing, cooking... hell, anything, there's a point when you've nailed it, and anything added is just superfluous filler, cluttering up the perfect statement. Of course, its personal preference... I say "simple and complete", you say "plain and lacking" but by my standards of design (no, not just "nostalgia".... the 60's Falcons don't mean anything to me) this is perfect.

Thank you. It's nice to hear reasons behind design preferences other than "I like/don't like that," it provides an opportunity for my own thoughts about design to evolve. I'm a big color person, and I tend to place a higher value on color balance (how well the key parts are highlighted, cohesiveness, team identity, etc) when judging the overall success of a design. Strangely enough, that's another thing that's being lost in this age of random one-offs and mismatched fabrics. For my design preferences, I feel that the Raiders and Packers pull off the "simple" look much better than this does.
  • Like 1

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

Okay, this is probably a highly unpopular opinion, but whatever. This?

slideshow_1222120_6.jpg

Wordswordswordswordswordswordswords. Blahblahblahblahblahblahblah. Yadayadayadayadayada, etc.

Sorry, I didn't read all that... I was was too busy staring at the best uniform in football.

But I don't see the Green Bay Packers' uniforms here.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

This throwback doesn't get near the love that it deserves.

Jets-Titans-Jersey-Nick-Laham.jpgtitans.jpg

I agree with this.
I think those look good in a vacuum, but I generally dislike throwbacks that look nothing like the current set. I think at least some of the hate those get is because people don't think the Jets should look like that.

Edit: The Eagles' blue and yellow jerseys are another example. I normally like bright colors like that, but it doesn't look like the Eagles to me.

slideshow_1222120_6.jpg

Wordswordswordswordswordswordswords. Blahblahblahblahblahblahblah. Yadayadayadayadayada, etc.

Sorry, I didn't read all that... I was was too busy staring at the best uniform in football.

Nope, you sure don't.

I agree with this.
I think those look good in a vacuum, but I generally dislike throwbacks that look nothing like the current set. I think at least some of the hate those get is because people don't think the Jets should look like that.

Edit: The Eagles' blue and yellow jerseys are another example. I normally like bright colors like that, but it doesn't look like the Eagles to me.

Same here. Those are great looking uniforms, but I don't like throwbacks with a totally different color scheme. It just looks weird seeing the team in blue and gold when everything else (field, TV graphics, most fans) are in green. It's fine for a one-time uniform for an anniversary or something, but I think the Jets wore those for a few years.

I really like that shade of gold, though. I wish the Saints wore something closer to that.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I think the Tennessee Titans' helmet logo would like better without the flames. Honestly I've always been a little confused as to why they decided to include flames on the logo. Seems unnecessary.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

On 10/26/2014 at 2:27 PM, oldschoolvikings said:
On 10/26/2014 at 1:13 PM, Chawls said:
On 10/26/2014 at 11:31 PM, oldschoolvikings said:
On 10/23/2014 at 1:58 PM, Xist2inspire said:

Nope, you sure don't.

I can't deal with the gold stripes on the helmets. They just don't belong. Otherwise, these are great.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I agree with this.

slideshow_1370635_broncos.jpg

First thing I thought of

Getting rid of the side panels and adding a hem stripe would go a long way towards improving that Thrashers jersey.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

barry-sanders-7.gif

Fixed that for both of you. B)

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg