Unpopular Opinions

The color inconsistencies in the Cowboys' home uniforms really annoy me. The blueish silver pants, royal blue numbers and pant stripes, and black striping on the sleeves just look out of place. Their away uniforms- navy and silver throughout- are nearly perfect.

That is not unpopular by any stretch of the word.

• Like 1

I was never crazy about the Lady Liberty sweaters, but I like the fauxbacks even less. The Rangers have always felt like the least Original Sixy of the Original Six (their rivalries are more with the old Patrick Division teams than with the rest of the Six), but I would still like for them to stick to their traditional home and away sweaters and leave it at that.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Pinstripes look like hot garbage on a baseball uniform. I understand the Yankees get a pass because of their history. But I'm not sorry at all to see Minnesota ditch them, and hopefully the Rockies follow suit.

Amen. I was a little upset the removal of pinstripes was for the Rox. They really need to separate themselves from the White Sox right now.

spacer.png

the new york rangers navy blue vintage alternate jersey is absolutely beautiful, and one of the best sweaters in the league.

it is also light years better than the old liberty jersey.

While that jersey is nice, it is not better than the Lady Liberty jersey. That jersey is beautiful and one of my favorite NHL jerseys ever.

Since the Mets are in the news, here's an unpopular opinion.

While the Mets never had any business with black in their color scheme, I loved this hat on its own:

New%20York%20Mets%20New%20Era%2059fifty%

The all-black hat was atrocious, but that one is kind of a guilty pleasure of mine. However on the field it just didn't pop at all.

Phillies, Bears, and new NYFC fan.

The color inconsistencies in the Cowboys' home uniforms really annoy me. The blueish silver pants, royal blue numbers and pant stripes, and black striping on the sleeves just look out of place. Their away uniforms- navy and silver throughout- are nearly perfect.

That is not unpopular by any stretch of the word.

I'd say on a forum dedicated to sports branding, probably not. But whenever I bring it up to a lot of Cowboys fans it's as if it's attacking a sacred cow of uniform tradition.

It seems i'm the only one that like KU's Trajan font.

The Trajan font is one of my favorite professional fonts but it only works on certain medium. Basketball can get away with it, but it looks perfectly out of place on the gridiron.

Midway.png

I'm a huge fan of drop-shadows

I'm of the opinion that the main problem with drop shadows is how rarely they're ever executed correctly. The 49ers got it right in the 1990s and its a damn shame they ditched that look.