Unpopular Opinions

001305090.jpg

This is a good look. But Seattle should not go back to it. Frankly the NFL doesn't need yet another team with a silver helmet and pants and blue/white jersey. The Seahawks currently don't have the nicest look in the league, and it isn't changing any time soon, but they won a Super Bowl in them and frankly if I had it my way they'd introduce an entirely new look.

Not an unpopular opinion so much as an unusual one, but wide recievers wearing numbers 10, 12, and 16 look weird to me. None of the other numbers in the 10s do at this point, just those.

I know 12 and 16 are probably because I still think of them as quarterback numbers. 12 is the go-to number for "glamour" QBs (Namath, Brady, etc.); and 16 is what the Packers QB (Randy Wright) and the best QB in the NFL (Joe Montana wore) when I started watching football. But that still doesn't explain why 10 still looks odd to me on receivers.

Even weirder, receivers who wear single digits in preseason still look more "right" to me than those who wear 10, 12, or 16.

I'm also a big fan of this alternate jersey, even if it is BFBS (blue for blue's sake):

pMLB2-11683869dt.jpg

They're the "blue" jays... How can it be blue for blues sake? The problem is the idiotic idea to have every dark uniform counterpart be grey instead of making the team colours prominent.

These are three of my favorite alt jerseys of all time, even if they may be BFBS:

charles_barkley.jpg

An alternate jersey that died out too quickly. BFBS or not...that was one of my favorite uniforms. Funny, though, that we'd probably say "Oh man...just another team jumping on the black jersey trend" if it was released today.

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Not an unpopular opinion so much as an unusual one, but wide recievers wearing numbers 10, 12, and 16 look weird to me. None of the other numbers in the 10s do at this point, just those.

I know 12 and 16 are probably because I still think of them as quarterback numbers. 12 is the go-to number for "glamour" QBs (Namath, Brady, etc.); and 16 is what the Packers QB (Randy Wright) and the best QB in the NFL (Joe Montana wore) when I started watching football. But that still doesn't explain why 10 still looks odd to me on receivers.

Even weirder, receivers who wear single digits in preseason still look more "right" to me than those who wear 10, 12, or 16.

That is weird...I'd think it would be "all or none". For me, I am getting used to it but I still prefer WR in the 80s.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

These are three of my favorite alt jerseys of all time, even if they may be BFBS:

An alternate jersey that died out too quickly. BFBS or not...that was one of my favorite uniforms. Funny, though, that we'd probably say "Oh man...just another team jumping on the black jersey trend" if it was released today.

They should have worn those jerseys longer instead of switching to the Steve Nash-era wide shouldered crap, sure. But the black alternate came about a year after that set was unveiled (1993) and lasted until they rebranded. And by the 94/95 season, the black jerseys became the default roads and the purples were rarely seen.

I also love that Suns set, but I would like to see someone remove the black from the home and road, going with just purple, orange and white. I think it could make them even better.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I am very similar except the only numbers I like for a WR is 11 & 18 in the tens. I do like single digits as well I believe it is from seeing them in college.

Kelly green sucks. There's something that feels washed out and unsubstantial about it.

Check the contrast on your screens and go to the eye doctor then...that color is beautiful and in no way "washed out"

This IS the "Unpopular Opinions" thread, and I agree with him the kelly green is overrated and I don't care for it at all.

• Like 1
niagaraq.png

Kelly green sucks. There's something that feels washed out and unsubstantial about it.

Check the contrast on your screens and go to the eye doctor then...that color is beautiful and in no way "washed out"

This IS the "Unpopular Opinions" thread, and I agree with him the kelly green is overrated and I don't care for it at all.

Ya I'm aware. Didn't realize I couldn't reply to someone's comment.

If the Bucs switched fonts to their old Practice Jersey fonts (Keeping the outlines and stuff) and used the Old logos and wordmarks, then their identity would be fine

No, the old practice jersey font is much worse than the current. Look at how terrible the 7 looks:

nfl_a_garcia_275.jpg

If the Bucs switched fonts to their old Practice Jersey fonts (Keeping the outlines and stuff) and used the Old logos and wordmarks, then their identity would be fine

No, the old practice jersey font is much worse than the current. Look at how terrible the 7 looks:

nfl_a_garcia_275.jpg

It fits the theme of "Swashbuckling Buccaneer" way more than the NIKE catalog font they have now

• Like 1

dhlJpvy.png
rxzieid.png

YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH!!!!

(Ahem... I think kelly green is the most underrated color in sports and isn't used nearly enough.)

• Like 1