Unpopular Opinions

Not an unpopular opinion so much as an unusual one, but wide recievers wearing numbers 10, 12, and 16 look weird to me. None of the other numbers in the 10s do at this point, just those.

I know 12 and 16 are probably because I still think of them as quarterback numbers. 12 is the go-to number for "glamour" QBs (Namath, Brady, etc.); and 16 is what the Packers QB (Randy Wright) and the best QB in the NFL (Joe Montana wore) when I started watching football. But that still doesn't explain why 10 still looks odd to me on receivers.

Even weirder, receivers who wear single digits in preseason still look more "right" to me than those who wear 10, 12, or 16.

That is weird...I'd think it would be "all or none". For me, I am getting used to it but I still prefer WR in the 80s.

I also don't like receivers in 12,14,16. I guess pretty much all the even numbers except 18, because that's a relatively obscure number for a QB (manning aside). Those other numbers are just QB numbers to me. I'd also like to see receivers with single digits rather than 10s. Actually I'd rather keep them in the 80s, but if that's not possible then single digits works.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Kelly green sucks. There's something that feels washed out and unsubstantial about it.

YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH!!!!

(Ahem... I think kelly green is the most underrated color in sports and isn't used nearly enough.)

I like kelly green and I don't think it's a bad color. I agree that it isn't used enough in sports (green in general isn't really used enough). However, it depends what other colors it goes with because there are some colors kelly green does not look good with.

Kelly green sucks. There's something that feels washed out and unsubstantial about it.

(Ahem... I think kelly green is the most underrated color in sports and isn't used nearly enough.)

I like kelly green and I don't think it's a bad color. I agree that it isn't used enough in sports (green in general isn't really used enough). However, it depends what other colors it goes with because there are some colors kelly green does not look good with.

Black is one of those colors, IMO, which is why I hate most of the Eagles "concepts" on here that are simply fill-tool replacements of midnight green with kelly.

Silver? Cool. Gold? Cool. Yellow? Cool. White? Cool. Blue? Eh... cool I guess.

Black? Makes it look dreary, which is fine if that's the look you're going for, but that's generally not what you want with Kelly. I think the mid-late 80s Eagles actually did want to make their look darker or "less bright", so their use of black worked for what I think they wanted to accomplish (Buddy Ryan was one of the first to wear black eagles caps and other merch, they wore black shoes, and I think they genearally wanted a more modern / intimidating look but were still bound by the conventions of NFL uniforms at the time. I think they could do much better with the color if they ever went back to it, which they have no plans to now or in the future.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Seahawks grey jerseys should be the primary away. Don't know if the NFL allows that, but I think they're better than the white jerseys.

And the blue pants should burn in hell.

Agreed. Several college teams (my alma mater Utah State being one of them) have worn their gray uniforms about the same (maybe a little more) as their white uniforms since the 2012 Nike rebrand:

jamaal-williams-zach-vigil-ncaa-football

Obviously, college alt. rules are far more lenient than the NFL's (too much so if you ask me, though USU's not case of that), but given that the Seahawks' Wolf Grayis closer to white than just about any other NFL team's colored uniforms, I can see them pulling it off. And it would make perfect sense for a team from Seattle to forego white as their regular road uniform for a gray one. Also, I wouldn't mind seeing an end to the monochrome-at-home and the navy helmets. I'd replace the navy helmets with gray helmets (not unlike McCarthy's concept).

Since we're on the Seahawks, I've got another unpopular opinion: They should stick with their Navy/Lime Green/Gray scheme and not go back to the Royal/Kelly/Silver. I normally long for the days when blue NFL teams wore lighter colors, but I love the Navy/Lime Green color scheme, and as I said before, their shade of gray supports that surprisingly well.

Black is one of those colors, IMO, which is why I hate most of the Eagles "concepts" on here that are simply fill-tool replacements of midnight green with kelly.

Silver? Cool. Gold? Cool. Yellow? Cool. White? Cool. Blue? Eh... cool I guess.

Black? Makes it look dreary, which is fine if that's the look you're going for, but that's generally not what you want with Kelly. I think the mid-late 80s Eagles actually did want to make their look darker or "less bright", so their use of black worked for what I think they wanted to accomplish (Buddy Ryan was one of the first to wear black eagles caps and other merch, they wore black shoes, and I think they genearally wanted a more modern / intimidating look but were still bound by the conventions of NFL uniforms at the time. I think they could do much better with the color if they ever went back to it, which they have no plans to now or in the future.

I don't exactly agree with the "kelly green sucks" crowd, but Kelly Green can look a bit washed out. I prefer a shade of green 1, maybe 2 shades darker (maybe more saturated...the Dallas Stars seem to have the shade I'm talking about), but there is a lack of non-forest green in the college and professional sports ranks (Seahawks' lime green included--they need more of that).

And while I'm on that subject, black doesn't look good with every color...and for some reason, kelly green isn't one of them (apple green isn't, either). Well, at least heavy doses of black (i.e. kelly/apple green jerseys with black helmets/pants). Maybe it looks too dreary; I'm not sure.

That said, moving on to another related subject, while I normally despise BFBS uniforms, etc., black as a trim color (read: in small doses) can look excellent. A simple [insert Color Here]/White/Black scheme looks wonderful. I'm thinking Marshall (before this year), South Carolina, and so forth.

Staying on that subject, I'd love to see a pro team or two go with a Maroon (or Brick Red)/Black/White or Creamsicle/Black (or Dark Gray)/White scheme. While I didn't like Tennessee's BFBS uniforms, it's undeniable that the scheme has a lot of potential elsewhere:

4731762123_c4ca5787c4_b.jpg

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

New to the site and I want to say for the record that I HATE ALL-ONE-COLOR MONOCHROME LOOKS. They should be BANNED from sports.

Being a Dolphin fan, I long for Aqua. Anytime. Anywhere. As long as it's not aqua on aqua.

Seahawks... bring back the grey, Rams... no old gold, Saints.... LOSE BLACK PANTS, jets... disband the franchise.

I am extremely opinionated about uniforms. I belong here!

I personally think it's stupid for the Seahawks to wear grey when it looks like they're wearing white. It's kinda pointless if you ask me...

You could at least make the "wolf grey" darker or something just so it actually looks grey and not white.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I don't mind the Kings white pants, nor did I mind the Canucks and Flames wearing vintage white pants. Key words here are 'do not mind'.

In context, they worked because the goal was to achieve a particular look. They worked extremely well for the Canucks and Flames because the uniforms were nothing more than a tribute to the old time style.

For the Kings, however, I don't know who they're trying to pay tribute to.......

I like when quarterbacks wear numbers juuuuuust a bit outside of the usual #1-19 for their positions. Not Devin gardner #98 level, but for example Doug Flutie or John Hadl

1997613a.jpg

john_hadl_1971_09_19.jpg

I agree. Also Rakeem Cato wore #31 yesterday and I didn't think it looked too weird cause he's a running QB.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

New to the site and I want to say for the record that I HATE ALL-ONE-COLOR MONOCHROME LOOKS. They should be BANNED from sports.

Being a Dolphin fan, I long for Aqua. Anytime. Anywhere. As long as it's not aqua on aqua.

Seahawks... bring back the grey, Rams... no old gold, Saints.... LOSE BLACK PANTS, jets... disband the franchise.

I am extremely opinionated about uniforms. I belong here!

On this board,,,,thats not unpopular, in fact many think that.

I dont know if you belong here, you clearly didnt lurk enough before making that post lol.

0121-pit92.png

I prefer this logo for the Penguins.

Seconded. I have no idea why they didn't at least keep it as a shoulder patch. Worked well on the Pre-Edge set

Thirded.

Agree with the shoulder patch thing too.

I like it better than the skating penguin, but I don't think it should be a shoulder patch on a skating penguin jersey. Mixing logos from different eras almost always looks weird.