Unpopular Opinions

I'm gonna be totally honest with you, mostly everyone hates when teams use colors that arent generally in there color scheme. But I actually sometimes like when teams wear BFBS and GFGS uniforms when there done right at least.

8084875389_b5fe5808ab_o_zps2ddfc273.jpg

usp-ncaa-football_-pac-12-championship-u

New-Celtics-alternate-uniform_zps41f5c0f

Agreed...buuut that South Carolina one doesn't fall in the good category at all for me. Gross camo pants...yuck.

I'm gonna be totally honest with you, mostly everyone hates when teams use colors that arent generally in there color scheme. But I actually sometimes like when teams wear BFBS and GFGS uniforms when there done right at least.

8084875389_b5fe5808ab_o_zps2ddfc273.jpg

usp-ncaa-football_-pac-12-championship-u

New-Celtics-alternate-uniform_zps41f5c0f

Agreed...buuut that South Carolina one doesn't fall in the good category at all for me. Gross camo pants...yuck.
Those grey Carolina ones were TERRIBLE.

PHI ALPHA! SIGMA ALPHA EPSILON. CAROLINA GAMECOCKS. ST. LOUIS CARDINALS. ST. LOUIS BLUES. ORLANDO CITY SC. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS.

sc_gamecocks_sig1.png

This one is really out there but... I think the Buccaneers have the best uniforms in their division.

The NFC South is the ugliest division in the NFL when it comes to uniforms (excluding the Saints when they don't wear black pants).

If you took the sleeves off the gray Celtics they'd look pretty good. It would also help if it wasn't the Celtics wearing gray, but I still like the look.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

If you took the sleeves off the gray Celtics they'd look pretty good. It would also help if it wasn't the Celtics wearing gray, but I still like the look.

I'd rather the C's add gold instead of gray or black.

• Like 1

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

0121-pit92.png

I prefer this logo for the Penguins.

Seconded. I have no idea why they didn't at least keep it as a shoulder patch. Worked well on the Pre-Edge set

Thirded.

Agree with the shoulder patch thing too.

I like it better than the skating penguin, but I don't think it should be a shoulder patch on a skating penguin jersey. Mixing logos from different eras almost always looks weird.
Umm...

MarkRecchi_display_image.jpg

They had it as a shoulder patch on the skating penguin jerseys for 7 years and it looked fine.

0121-pit92.png

Seconded. I have no idea why they didn't at least keep it as a shoulder patch. Worked well on the Pre-Edge set

Thirded.

I like it better than the skating penguin, but I don't think it should be a shoulder patch on a skating penguin jersey. Mixing logos from different eras almost always looks weird.
Umm...

They had it as a shoulder patch on the skating penguin jerseys for 7 years and it looked fine.

It doesn't look bad, but I don't like the way the styles of the penguins mismatch. Like putting a square peg in a rectangular hole... it might fit, but it's not quite right.

On 12/30/2014 at 5:48 AM, Cosmic said:
On 12/30/2014 at 3:38 AM, rxmc89 said:
On 12/25/2014 at 10:53 PM, Cosmic said:
On 12/24/2014 at 2:31 PM, VikWings said:
On 12/24/2014 at 2:30 PM, Morgo said:
On 12/24/2014 at 11:29 AM, buckeye said:

Thirded.

Umm...

It doesn't look bad, but I don't like the way the styles of the penguins mismatch. Like putting a square peg in a rectangular hole... it might fit, but it's not quite right.

I don't love the idea because, yeah, one logo is quite modern and the other quite old-school.

However, I will admit that after 90-91 when the North Stars went to the "Stars" logo, I wanted them to keep the "N-Star" around on the shoulders...much like the 1987 Twins kept the "TC" on the home sleeve.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

0121-pit92.png

Thirded.

Umm...

I don't love the idea because, yeah, one logo is quite modern and the other quite old-school.

However, I will admit that after 90-91 when the North Stars went to the "Stars" logo, I wanted them to keep the "N-Star" around on the shoulders...much like the 1987 Twins kept the "TC" on the home sleeve.

If only these beauties still existed... 8fnb8andbp7v8xjgazc3ab513.gif

and this happened... oidnhm4hi49p4qbv0x5zf3wsu.gif

^

Ugh...I am really glad those jerseys never happened. I admit I go back and forth on Green/Yellow vs. Green/Yellow/BlackAccent North Stars, but I really don't like the idea of that jersey. I just don't feel the mini-Irish rainbow goes well with the back.

And, assuming that is the correct rendering, I cannot stand how the logo has no green (particularly when the numbers have green). But adding the green to the logo would be lipstick on a pig.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

POTD (Shared)

I guess I'm a sucker for the rainbow designs. I think done right it could be a good fit, hence why I mentioned it, but I do see what you're pointing out and didn't notice it until you said something. I do hate when one element is not consistent on a jersey.

The North Stars suffered from a ton of inconsistencies. They didn't incorporate matching black trim/stripes and breezers on the road for seven whole years! I know branding wasn't what it is now from 1981 to 1988, but they really should have gotten around to that sooner. The North Stars were a pretty shoddy operation, sadly.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The North Stars suffered from a ton of inconsistencies. They didn't incorporate matching black trim/stripes and breezers on the road for seven whole years! I know branding wasn't what it is now from 1981 to 1988, but they really should have gotten around to that sooner. The North Stars were a pretty shoddy operation, sadly.

Yeah, I still don't understand why they had black only at home for that long. At the time, it did not phase me because those are my first memories. The best I can come up with is that for the 1981 Stanley Cup run there was no black; so they decided the proposed road jersey was too much of a departure (I think that part is documented) but since the black on the home whites was more subtle, they just let it happen. If so, they should have just pulled back on the home jersey (particularly since the pre-black jersey was so damn nice). This seems a bit far-fetched but is it possible that the league said "It's too late to take these off the table, but since you went to the finals, you can pull back on the black but you are stuck with the home jersey." Doubtful and even so, they should have adjusted one of the jerseys well before 1988.

Or maybe they just "forgot" to pull back on the home jersey since the addition of black was less pronounced. I have yet to come up with a scenario that does not make them seem Mickey Mouse.

Oh well, now the Twins are going to pick up the tradition.

POTD (Shared)

braves.jpg

I actually LIKE the Braves' current road alternate look...it's a nice, clean identity, with a bit of a "neon" look with the font.

For those complaining about little to no red, I take it you never saw their '80's brand.

bYhYmxh.png

No one saw their '80s teams, let alone brand. Why look like anything other than the Braves that did all that winning (who themselves looked like the successful Milwaukee Braves)?

• Like 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫