Unpopular Opinions

• 2 weeks later...

Here's one I don't think anyone has mentioned: I dislike the Colts' road uniforms (although I like their homes). I know they get a lot of love around here, but they look unbalanced to me. White helmet, white jersey, white pants, blue socks. Everything is white except for this block blue on the socks, which actually looks worse now that players break the rules and wear solid blue socks. The Jets all white look worked with green socks because their sleeves are green. I think the Colts could improve their road set by doing what the Jets do now and wearing striped white socks with it. I loved the Colts' short-lived blue pants, but I think the time has passed for the Colts to be drastically altering their look.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I got another one... Recently the NBA and NHL started considering putting ads on their jerseys. Am I really the only one who would not mind if this happened? I mean, as long as it's kept to a minimum. Even MLS teams only have one presenting sponsor, and I don't see that changing in a hurry.

I got another one... Recently the NBA and NHL started considering putting ads on their jerseys. Am I really the only one who would not mind if this happened? I mean, as long as it's kept to a minimum. Even MLS teams only have one presenting sponsor, and I don't see that changing in a hurry.

Will they be on the retail sweaters? If so, what do they pay me for wearing an advertisement for GEICO, Honda, or Advil? Lump sum, or do I bill them every time I wear it outside? Oh, you mean I don't get paid to advertise multinational corporations? In fact, I'll probably pay more than I would have for old inventory? Well, then.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Will they be on the retail sweaters? If so, what do they pay me for wearing an advertisement for GEICO, Honda, or Advil? Lump sum, or do I bill them every time I wear it outside? Oh, you mean I don't get paid to advertise multinational corporations? In fact, I'll probably pay more than I would have for old inventory? Well, then.

AHL and CFL retail jerseys come without ads, so I'd fully expect the NHL to do the same.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I don't have a problem with properly placed/coloured ads on AHL sweaters.

Is this really that bad?

sAc2IwI.jpg

I would say (no disrespect intended to Mr. Beliveau) that it's less obtrusive than this:

Jean-Beliveau-Memorial-Patch.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I hate when ads on the jerseys are not on the retail versions, because I feel like im not getting the real jersey. I want my jerseys to be as close to possible(ill put up with screen print tackle twill patches, like the shoulder patches on both LNH and LAH replica jerseys, but i refuse to buy replica baseball jerseys, i pay for authentic) to what is on the ice and it annoys me

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

I hate when ads on the jerseys are not on the retail versions, because I feel like im not getting the real jersey. I want my jerseys to be as close to possible(ill put up with screen print tackle twill patches, like the shoulder patches on both LNH and LAH replica jerseys, but i refuse to buy replica baseball jerseys, i pay for authentic) to what is on the ice and it annoys me

Replica baseball jerseys are the absolute worst. Sometimes the number's don't have outlines and a lot of them leave out the numbers on the front of the jersey (if the team has that).

Replica baseball jerseys are the absolute worst. Sometimes the number's don't have outlines and a lot of them leave out the numbers on the front of the jersey (if the team has that).

Teams like the Red Sox and Yankees who don't have names on the home (and for Yankees, road jerseys) have them on the replicas which is annoying.

Teams like the Red Sox and Yankees who don't have names on the home (and for Yankees, road jerseys) have them on the replicas which is annoying.

Not to mention no batter logo or sleeve patches. And sub-rec league materials.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Not to mention no batter logo or sleeve patches. And sub-rec league materials.

Yuup. though with the new cool base materials being used it wont be as bad this season, not to mention the batter logo being on the neck.

WIth teams such as the Blue jays, tigers, and now red sox away it wont be too bad of a replica this year, but no shoulder patches is the stupidest idea.

Oh well, they win by my money

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske