Unpopular Opinions

Completely agree with the Pats. The raiders on the other hand I completely disagree with. The sheer simplicity of the design, balance of colors, and timeless yet rebellious primary logo is about as good as you can get with a uniform. There's not a single element that stands out on its own but it's the uniform in totality that makes it damn near perfect.

• Like 1

Chicago Blackhawks

Stole the words out of my mouth. They use about 4 too many colours and the striping is inconsistent. They're far from terrible but certainly not the "end all be all" of hockey uniforms.

Completely agree. I just don't understand the love for Chicago, and it's not because I'm biased as a Blues fan. Just as a logo and jersey enthusiast, I see the following problems with the Blackhawks' identity: the logo is too busy, outdated, and as Morgo has said, the striping pattern is inconsistent. Not to mention that the red outline totally bleeds with the black numbers on the road jersey.

Chicago Blackhawks

Stole the words out of my mouth. They use about 4 too many colours and the striping is inconsistent. They're far from terrible but certainly not the "end all be all" of hockey uniforms.

Ya I just don't get the hype around them. Are they terrible? No, but they aren't great either.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

90177047.jpg

112813-17-NFL-Oakland-Raiders-OB-PI.jpg

These are okay, but nowhere near as good as people claim them to be.

Blasphemy! Where's the guillotine? Off with your head!

I actually agree. I mean, yes, the Raiders are an aesthetically pleasing team when all of the pieces come together. However, when you take the uniform apart, it's just... boring. Take the jerseys for example: it's either just plain black with silver block numbers or, even worse, a plain white jersey with black block numbers. The helmet is okay, I guess. Honestly, the logo is horribly outdated. The only reason people like it is because it's nostalgic to them and because black and silver are the "cool colors" and they go with everything (that's why you see all the high school and college guys wearing Raiders caps and shirts).

As a whole, yes, they are visually appealing and I would be happy if my team looked like the Raiders. However, there is room for improvement. At least put some sort of logo on the jersey so when fans purchase one they it doesn't feel like they're buying a $100 black or white t-shirt (and I know, don't argue with me that jersey fabrics are nothing like plain cotton t-shirts, I'm aware, I'm just saying...)

This is a terribly overrated logo. One letter inside another, and one letter has nothing to do with the team name.

124.png

Likewise, this one is sloppy, and the multiple variations serve only to clutter the brand.

7205.gif

*Ducks*

pitscared_medium.gif

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

This is a terribly overrated logo. One letter inside another, and one letter has nothing to do with the team name.

124.png

That's completely incorrect, actually. The team's official name is Club de Hockey Canadien.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

124.png

That's completely incorrect, actually. The team's official name is Club de Hockey Canadien.

That's like the Yankees or Mets adding a random B because it stands for "Baseball"

Oh, wait...

w5aqbkrk24pv86dfgh5a1bh06.png

(Another horribly overrated logo)

• Like 1
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

124.png

That's like the Yankees or Mets adding a random B because it stands for "Baseball"

Oh, wait...

w5aqbkrk24pv86dfgh5a1bh06.png

(Another horribly overrated logo)

Missing the point. the team's official name is le Club de hockey Canadien so the H in the centre has everything to do with the name of the club. the C for club, the H for hockey (which is the fourth word in the team name) and Canadien the last.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

The Yankees are bland and not exactly original (some teams experimented with pinstripes before they did) That's why you see that uniform slipping more and more while teams like the A's and Orioles keep moving up on these best looking uniform lists.