Unpopular Opinions

The Los Angeles Lakers. A team so lazy, they kept a nickname that only made sense when they were in Minneapolis. Most people couldn't tell you why they're called the Lakers, BECAUSE LOS ANGELES DOESN'T HAVE ANY FREAKING LAKES

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/a8/fe/0c/a8fe0c385cac613368cdb151d5db571e.jpg

I prefer teams keep the old name (though we've discussed that to death on other threads).

First, when talking "overrated" you can't just say "the Jags helmets" and have everyone pat you on the back...by definition, if you say something is overrated, you really ought to get some pushback.

Anyway, for me...

• MLB: Orioles "Cartoon Bird". So minor league and so inferior to the early 1990s standing bird. The rest of their uniform is great. And that's really all I have. I probably dislike the current Brewers, the Marlins, and the D-Backs more than most but I don't think they are well-enough liked to be "overrated". Bonus: Beer-Barrel Man is awful and seems pretty well-liked around here.
  • NFL:
    • Bills: An improvement from the previous mess? Yes. But I don't like the stripes, the white helmet, or the gray mask
    • Giants: Too much separation of red and blue
  • NBA:
    • Wizards: I feel like a lot of people like that 70s-inspired stripe look. I don't.
    • Mavs: I feel like when I first came around here it was practically fact that those are great uniforms (though I also feel that the love has diminished with time). I have hated 'em from day 1.
    • Warriors: Don't like the circle on the front.
  • NHL:
    • Blackhawks: It's not that it's bad...it's just that sometimes, I think it's taken as "fact" here that it's the best in the league (or sports)
    • Oilers: I liked the Navy/Red/Copper a lot and the old look is just not doing it for me.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

JaromeIginla.jpg

While it is certainly better than the Edge duds, I still don't get the love for it. There is far too much black on the uniform (black should only be used as a trim color, like it was on the white version of this sweater, and should never be the color of the shorts or helmet), the fire-snot horse hasn't aged well, and the number font has never really looked all that good.

• Like 1

JaromeIginla.jpg

While it is certainly better than the Edge duds, I still don't get the love for it. There is far too much black on the uniform (black should only be used as a trim color, like it was on the white version of this sweater, and should never be the color of the shorts or helmet), the fire-snot horse hasn't aged well, and the number font has never really looked all that good.

There really was only one other option for a secondary colour, to make it consistent with the road jersey, and that's white. I'm glad they chose black and created one of the best looking jerseys in league history :P

Am I allowed to say that I think MLB and NHL uniforms are very overrated? MLB bores me and there's just not anything clicking in me that says the NHL's big & tall section clothes and mish-mash of design elements to try and fill up all that space looks good. This may be as much a critique of what those two leagues (have to?) wear

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

To be fair to the Flames, they ditched the horse head upon the beginning of the Edge age.

Far as the overrated crap IMO...the Indians' block C caps. Look like a high school team whose real caps got bleached in the wash and this was all they could get on short notice.

The Islanders' current set...an improvement over their first Edge set, yes...but would it have killed them to have just gone back to the pre-Edge home and away?

The Senators' O...I don't mind any tribute to the barberpoles, the Silver Seven/original Senators wore them basically the whole way through, and the 67s carried on the tradition. I'm simply far less enamored with the O.

Rams' 1960s blue/white set...the Rams are blue and gold. They should always be blue and gold. Every time I look at the blue/white set, it feels like something's missing. Their 50s sets were miles better IMO.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

m4r0bevve0valis6ggnyyytak.png

I'm going to be honest with you, it's not an overall bad logo. In fact, I think it's really creative. I mean who would've thought of combining an "M" and "B" together to form a baseball and mitt? Well, the reason why I think this is overrated is because I believe it is an overrated design that ANY baseball club besides the Brewers could use as a logo (without the trademark, of course). I also don't think it looks very modern and screams "throwback". I still like the logo and all, but I think it gets way too much love.

• Like 1

This is a terribly overrated logo. One letter inside another, and one letter has nothing to do with the team name. It actually does, besides the Club De Hockey Canadien, the team's nickname is the Habs. Go Habs Go?

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

I hate when ads on the jerseys are not on the retail versions, because I feel like im not getting the real jersey. I want my jerseys to be as close to possible(ill put up with screen print tackle twill patches, like the shoulder patches on both LNH and LAH replica jerseys, but i refuse to buy replica baseball jerseys, i pay for authentic) to what is on the ice and it annoys me

Replica baseball jerseys are the absolute worst. Sometimes the number's don't have outlines and a lot of them leave out the numbers on the front of the jersey (if the team has that).

Teams like the Red Sox and Yankees who don't have names on the home (and for Yankees, road jerseys) have them on the replicas which is annoying.

This is bad...bought my wife a Jeter jersey that says Jeter. It shouldn't. She doesn't care.

87Redskins.png

Michigan Wolverines football. Their identity is based on a stock football helmet from ages ago, their logo is an unspectacular M, and their shade of yellow seems too intense to go with their shade of blue.

Going with the yellow on this banner instead of the bright yellow seen everywhere else in this picture would be an improvement:

ncf_u_michigan11_576.jpg

Vancouver Canucks stick-in-rink. I hate that crappy, bland, generic logo with a passion.

I agree, but it's still the best logo they've ever had which is probably why it gets so much (baffling) love. The Canucks need to blow it all up and start from scratch again. But since that logo is so (unbelievably) beloved I don't see them ever being able to escape it.

• Like 1

Vancouver Canucks stick-in-rink. I hate that crappy, bland, generic logo with a passion.

I agree, but it's still the best logo they've ever had which is probably why it gets so much (baffling) love. The Canucks need to blow it all up and start from scratch again. But since that logo is so (unbelievably) beloved I don't see them ever being able to escape it.

If they found a way to implement Johnny Canuck into some sort of “classic" (but not boringly uninspired) looking jersey, I would be so happy…

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg