Unpopular Opinions

USATSI_7585099.jpg

The Cowboys current blue jerseys. Most people on here seem to love them. but I think they're terrible. It's incredibly dumb that they use navy instead of royal blue, which the Cowboys have always worn and continue to wear 95% of the time. Going with white numbers with a white detached outline is dumb, particularly when they could have used silver in there somewhere. The sleeves are a mess, and shouldn't differ from the design of the white jerseys. They look like Walmart kids' jerseys where they slap the logo on the sleeves over the striping. Logos should never be combined with stripes, and they certainly shouldn't overlap stripes. Also, the star isn't even centered on the stripes, it just awkwardly hangs off at the top. The only somewhat-redeeming quality of these jerseys is that they match the silver to the helmet, but even with that, it might be better for the Cowboys to just change their helmets to the silver-green at this point (or preferably bluish silver like they used to be). This is closer to what they should look like:

9LXHGR.jpg

• Like 1
OldRomanSig2.jpg

USATSI_7585099.jpg

The Cowboys current blue jerseys. Most people on here seem to love them. but I think they're terrible. It's incredibly dumb that they use navy instead of royal blue, which the Cowboys have always worn and continue to wear 95% of the time. Going with white numbers with a white detached outline is dumb, particularly when they could have used silver in there somewhere. The sleeves are a mess, and shouldn't differ from the design of the white jerseys. They look like Walmart kids' jerseys where they slap the logo on the sleeves over the striping. Logos should never be combined with stripes, and they certainly shouldn't overlap stripes. Also, the star isn't even centered on the stripes, it just awkwardly hangs off at the top. The only somewhat-redeeming quality of these jerseys is that they match the silver to the helmet, but even with that, it might be better for the Cowboys to just change their helmets to the silver-green at this point (or preferably bluish silver like they used to be). This is closer to what they should look like:

9LXHGR.jpg

Spot on. I've never understood the love for that navy jersey, for all the reasons you state. But even worse is the people who try to sell you on the ridiculous "double-star" alternate jersey. The Cowboys made a huge wrong turn when they decided a jersey was cursed... they should be embarrassed.

OK...here we go...

I feel I've hidden this too long and I must get it off my chest.

I am OK with the Cowboys mismatched colors and I really like their white uniform overall.

(Ducks the tomatoes)

I admit that before I came around here, I never realized that the colors were mismatched. In hindsight, I cannot believe I did not notice. So once you all helped me realize the obvious, I thought "yeah, they need to do something about that." And of course some of you made very nice-looking concepts that solved this problem. The thing is, though, I found each of those concepts boring. Every time, I found it to be a visual downgrade.

In theory, they should not have mismatched blues (and silver/green pants with silver helmet). I know they should not. But I kinda hope they keep it. I also like the thin black outlines on the sleeve stripes...why? I have no idea. Generally speaking I am OK with a jersey that just has blue and white (see Maple Leafs) but I think the thin black adds something (I hate this word but...POP!).

If they change, I won't complain because I know it will be right. But I kinda hope they don't. Does ANYONE else feel this way?

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Relevant.

flojo_west-15_0.jpg?itok=F9_MnkYm

So overrated. The overlapping collar. The drop-shadow. The asymmetrical stripes. The bad kind of 90'e jersey.

• Like 1

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Just so boring for how much love they get

kwpcqasozoms880vhdtz.jpghi-res-181830563-starting-pitcher-hisash

I don't like the Bears set at all.

I'm the opposite... love the Bears uniforms, bored silly by the Mariners.

When it comes to the Bears/Packers/49ers/Vikings/Dolphins I don't really care. But I agree that the Mariners get a lot of love for a not very interesting identity (that pic of them in their all-white is probably their best look though; I would've gone with a pic of them in teal to make the point)

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

Relevant.

flojo_west-15_0.jpg?itok=F9_MnkYm

So overrated. The overlapping collar. The drop-shadow. The asymmetrical stripes. The bad kind of 90'e jersey.

Yeah, it's decent, but not even in the same ballpark as the pinstripes.

ind-pac-pinstripe-away-675x380.jpg

:love:

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Yeah, because the pinstripes were in a ballpark located in Uglyville. ;)

I do have an irrational love for the FloJo set, but I always hated the pinstriped set. They just looked so ugly to me; overly-busy yet bland. Way too much going on with the pinstripes AND full-length side panels AND five-stripe collars AND double outlines.

• Like 1
OldRomanSig2.jpg

^I gotta admit, I do have a soft spot for the ABA uniforms and the FloJo's. I've always thought the pinstripes were a hot mess.

Speaking of NBA looks, this has to be one of the blandest logos that receives praise:

cxe7hh6lwjtpdhcoyiuc064sp.gif

It's merely a basketball-encased image of the mid-70's Seattle skyline, with an off-center Space Needle (which, given its prominence in the logo, should be at the center of it). The font isn't particularly great either, but it was appropriate for the time. Considering how progressive the Sonics' uniforms were for the time, the contrast was a little jarring.

However, the worst of this primary's problems is that it fails to convey any kind of motion. When your team is named after supersonic jets, the logo has to convey some kind of motion. Like this:

ztmj6x7hdosw8gu49wa64doag.gif , this: rger302akyqsfnnffxcqbvt5y.gif or this: g98gtsog4k7deexgpo81fi0vn.gif

Instead, it's a static portrait of a city. If the Sonics were still around, I kind of wish they would modernize the skyline primary to prioritize the Space Needle (as the center seam of the ball) and add in some kind of motion element, like a supersonic jet circling the Space Needle or some other part of the logo.

^I gotta admit, I do have a soft spot for the ABA uniforms and the FloJo's. I've always thought the pinstripes were a hot mess.

Speaking of NBA looks, this has to be one of the blandest logos that receives praise:

SeattleSuperSonics_PMK01a_1976-1995_SCC_

It's merely a basketball-encased image of the mid-70's Seattle skyline, with an off-center Space Needle (which, given its prominence in the logo, should be at the center of it). The font isn't particularly great either, but it was appropriate for the time. Considering how progressive the Sonics' uniforms were for the time, the contrast was a little jarring.

However, the worst of this primary's problems is that it fails to convey any kind of motion. When your team is named after supersonic jets, the logo has to convey some kind of motion. Like this:

ztmj6x7hdosw8gu49wa64doag.gif , this: rger302akyqsfnnffxcqbvt5y.gif or this: g98gtsog4k7deexgpo81fi0vn.gif

Instead, it's a static portrait of a city. If the Sonics were still around, I kind of wish they would modernize the skyline primary to prioritize the Space Needle (as the center seam of the ball) and add in some kind of motion element, like a supersonic jet circling the Space Needle or some other part of the logo.

Or they could use this logo...

1096122Sonic_Team_Logo_7347.PNG

Also, I agree that the Yankees' uniforms are extremely overrated. I don't care that it's "traditional," there's no excuse for a professional organization to be using at least three different versions of the same logo at once:

7MmG5fh.png

The cap version is clearly the best and should be the only one used across the board.

I can tolerate the jersey version since the cap version would get lost in the pinstripes, but there's no reason the cap version shouldn't be used everywhere but there.

I hate that jersey. Can't wait for 140 games of it and the Camo one.

The Pirates black jersey and cap that goes with it

(Mostly in general/the team rather than here, but)

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again