Unpopular Opinions

I don't like their away uniform from the era, but I like the 1980s Atlanta Braves home uniform:

mlb_hof_favorites_01b.jpg

It'd be cool to see it in action again, maybe as a one off for a day honoring Dale Murphy (on a side note, its a damn travesty that he hasn't been elected to the Hall of Fame).

• Like 2

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

I love the Mavericks' home uni

dal_u_ellis_600x400.jpg

Yet, the away and alt(s) are ehhh for me

+1. Its a solid look with a championship behind it. No need for a change.

Piping? Check.

Weird color blocks around the sleeves? Check.

Random color blocks on the shorts that don't have anything to do with anything? Check.

Colors that don't appear in the main logo? Check.

Collar design from 2000 when Nike designed it? Check.

Weird back neck collar? Check.

Yep. Solid.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I love the Mavericks' home uni

dal_u_ellis_600x400.jpg

Yet, the away and alt(s) are ehhh for me

+1. Its a solid look with a championship behind it. No need for a change.

Piping? Check.

Weird color blocks around the sleeves? Check.

Random color blocks on the shorts that don't have anything to do with anything? Check.

Colors that don't appear in the main logo? Check.

Collar design from 2000 when Nike designed it? Check.

Weird back neck collar? Check.

Yep. Solid.

That's how the Unpopular Opinions thread works.

It's a horribly dated look that was bad when it first came out. The "but they won a title in those!" logic doesn't really work when you remember that they also wore them during the 2006 Finals and the 2007 Warriors series.

I disagree with that completely, especially for fans of those teams. I HATED the NY Giants white jerseys with all red numbers/letters/stripes, UNTIL they wore them while winning Super Bowl XLII. Seeing your team wear the uniform while holding a trophy just makes the uni look better, imo.

It's a horribly dated look that was bad when it first came out. The "but they won a title in those!" logic doesn't really work when you remember that they also wore them during the 2006 Finals and the 2007 Warriors series.

Well by that logic, the Bruins should drop their cup winning togs cause they blew a 3-0 series lead the year prior to their cup...

Meh. The Kings' uniforms still look like typical Reebok garbage even with the two Cups, and the Mavericks' uniforms still looked as bad in 2011 as they did in 2010.

I wouldn't go typical reebok garbage. YOu could say they were terrible, and that wouldn't raise an issue(even though I disagree), but they aren't like what reebok did in 07

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Meh. The Kings' uniforms still look like typical Reebok garbage even with the two Cups, and the Mavericks' uniforms still looked as bad in 2011 as they did in 2010.

I wouldn't go typical reebok garbage. YOu could say they were terrible, and that wouldn't raise an issue(even though I disagree), but they aren't like what reebok did in 07

They have the dreaded Bettman piping and armpit panels, and there isn't even a hem stripe on the black sweater. It's pretty standard Reebok crap.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I wouldn't classify what the Kings wear as "Bettman piping". This is Bettman Piping

6172718970_3f9d0bf4a7_o.png

Plus the fact that "phantom" sleeve yoke striping predated Reebok:

rick_nash_action_photofile.jpg

Except that's a black yoke on a navy jersey, not a phantom yoke.

BlueJackets2003-20043rdJerseyF.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Have we extended the "phantom" term to that now?

I suppose the unpopular opinion is that the whole phantom thing is overblown.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

This.

To me, the "phantom" yoke, if it exists at all, only applies to a thin stripe ("piping") of contrasting color around an otherwise traditional shoulder yoke that is the same color as the rest of the jersey.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

This.

To me, the "phantom" yoke, if it exists at all, only applies to a thin stripe ("piping") of contrasting color around an otherwise traditional shoulder yoke that is the same color as the rest of the jersey.

I applied literally that exact definition, just to a different kind of yoke.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12