Unpopular Opinions

Another unpopular opinion of mine: I absolutely LOVE this logo and its blue-black-bronze or gold predecessors -

b3619brnphtx65s2th4p9eggf.gif

I actually used it as an example for one of my Graphic Design class assignments recently. I love how nearly every aspect of the logo has a great forward motion and line direction (the subject of the assignment), and has great flow. It seems that everything but the Wizard's back leg is pointing forwards, which really gives the logo great (and fitting) movement. The recent tweaks and recoloring to it make the middle portion of the logo look almost like a portion of an abstract USA or DC flag, too. The moon could be filled in (I admit that the basketball pattern there, as well as the basketball the Wizard is holding is a little redundant), but aside from that, I really have always loved this logo and am sad to see that it's taking a back seat to (in my opinion) more inferior logos.

• Like 1

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Another unpopular opinion of mine: I absolutely LOVE this logo and its blue-black-bronze or gold predecessors -

b3619brnphtx65s2th4p9eggf.gif

I actually used it as an example for one of my Graphic Design class assignments recently. I love how nearly every aspect of the logo has a great forward motion and line direction (the subject of the assignment), and has great flow. It seems that everything but the Wizard's back leg is pointing forwards, which really gives the logo great (and fitting) movement. The recent tweaks and recoloring to it make the middle portion of the logo look almost like a portion of an abstract USA or DC flag, too. The moon could be filled in (I admit that the basketball pattern there, as well as the basketball the Wizard is holding is a little redundant), but aside from that, I really have always loved this logo and am sad to see that it's taking a back seat to (in my opinion) more inferior logos.

I just now realized that his body is a W

This is my favorite Padres jersey ever:

vaughn-gwynn-padres-1998.jpg

And I kind of hope they go back to something like this full time.

Either the jersey posted above or this jersey would get my nomination for best Padres jersey of all time:

fo674aaqqelsf1f7qhjecmvve.gif

As a Padres fan, I have to give the actual grays the advantage due to the Tony factor.

I liked the previous Blue Jays uniform set. They big problem with them was the stupid font and numbering on the home and alternate uniforms. If they had the font from the road uniforms, they would have been very nice.

9tambg60kfex9slflte39xu7v.gif

If that cap was blue it would have been a million times better.

• Like 1

I liked the previous Blue Jays uniform set. They big problem with them was the stupid font and numbering on the home and alternate uniforms. If they had the font from the road uniforms, they would have been very nice.

I agree. Those were really nice.

• 2 weeks later...

I loved the color scheme from that era - not only did it actually reflect a real blue jay, but the shade of blue they used looked beautiful on the field. I even liked the logos/wordmarks. The problem with that set was the color distribution, not the color scheme itself. Emphasizing black and silver over that amazing shade of blue was just stupid. They shot themselves in the foot by never coming out with blue caps and jerseys when those would have sold like hotcakes.

I do wish they had the balls to go through with wearing all-graphite on the road like they were originally planning to.... I'd imagine that on the field, it would have looked kind of like this Boise Hawks uniform:

aAmByXQ.jpg

To me, that's not a bad look at all.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

warriors.png

This Warrior set (including the uniforms), were imo, the best look the franchise had. Don't get me wrong, the current look is a beautiful set, but it fails to match this look. Sure this set had it's flaws, like the 90's-tastic wordmark that accompanied it. But it had more highs than it did lows, like this beautiful logo and color scheme.

warriors.png

This Warrior set (including the uniforms), were imo, the best look the franchise had. Don't get me wrong, the current look is a beautiful set, but it fails to match this look. Sure this set had it's flaws, like the 90's-tastic wordmark that accompanied it. But it had more highs than it did lows, like this beautiful logo and color scheme.

Those unis were the best

x4rvdizhi7jy0o9efzgjjrfwc.gif

Making the logo bigger and adding chrome facemasks were both upgrades to the Buccaneers' helmets. Don't get me wrong, everything below the helmet looks terrible, and I liked the color of the old helmet better. However, I love the huge logo and the chrome facemasks.