Unpopular Opinions

This opinion is SERIOUSLY unpopular I know:

I loved the NFL's Reebok Jerseys. I don't know if it was the nylon fabric that the used to make them, or if it was the stretchy collar that had an NFL EQUIPMENT symbol on the front of it. Of course you cant forget that blue tag on the bottom of the jersey that had Reebok and then "Name" and "#". Even though you had to wear some kind of undershirt in cooler weather because of all the ventilation holes, I still think that they are much better than the new style of jerseys. (the ones made by Nike)

While I like their colors from the Golden Seals era better, I prefer the O because it is better balanced. Criminally underrated regardless of which iteration.

8883uojgyvl8vmimu8vqwiyuk.gif

regardless of the "O" or the "C" all I ever see if a fish head on an ice cream cone in front of a watermelon.

I can only imagine the amount of acid the artist who rendered that was on for it to look like a "seal" to him.

54592352.jpg

Same amount of acid that led to creating this;

Peanuts_gang.png

So I'm wagering not a lot.

IbjBaeE.png

I don't know how unpopular this is, probably very, but I've found that the only time I really like the RWB color scheme is when white is the primary color on the jersey. The scheme looks really bland/unappealing to me otherwise.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

Going to miss these. All it needed was a removal of the beveling.

GiannisAntetokounmpo_Bucks_USAT3.jpg

I have some other quibbles with these uniforms, but this is easily the best color scheme the Bucks have ever used. The new colors are just so dull by comparison.

• Like 1

Roundel logos are great.

I think they're good, so long as they're not too generic.

Ditto. I also like roundel logos because they're easy to make. I made a roundel logo for a soccer team in MS Word and then recolored it in Photoshop.

spacer.png

This opinion is SERIOUSLY unpopular I know:

I loved the NFL's Reebok Jerseys. I don't know if it was the nylon fabric that the used to make them, or if it was the stretchy collar that had an NFL EQUIPMENT symbol on the front of it. Of course you cant forget that blue tag on the bottom of the jersey that had Reebok and then "Name" and "#". Even though you had to wear some kind of undershirt in cooler weather because of all the ventilation holes, I still think that they are much better than the new style of jerseys. (the ones made by Nike)

that's unpopular?

I 100% agree, besides the fact i always wear something underneath when i wear a jersey.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

these Miami greys are ugly. Lettering on chest needs to be orange.

Hmm, I'm open to a tweak or two but I dunno if orange is the answer... anyone wanna take a stab at how this might look? Maybe I need to see it to believe it.

Edit: I just made a quick workup of it right now... how come I can't post the picture here?

Rear numbers are orange. But their Blue, Orange, Black would be much better. Not sure about the yellow or green (shades of their logo)
This is incorrect. The rear numbers on the gray jerseys are black with a silver outline and an orange (specifically red-orange) trim at the bottom of the numbers. The only jersey to have orange numbers are the black alternate jerseys and the black BP jerseys.

As for the wordmark, no versions of their wordmarks for either Miami or Marlins are orange, they are all either white or black, which is why I was curious about your suggestion for an orange wordmark.

There is also no green on any of their uniform logos. Yellow is only used to trim the middle portion of the M on their caps/helmets, sleeve patch, and chest wordmark. Yellow is used nowhere else.

I stand corrected, I don't know why I thought green. Maybe I was thinking of the stadium wall color. I saw the rear numbers after I posted that, and I was too lazy to edit.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Hmm, I'm open to a tweak or two but I dunno if orange is the answer... anyone wanna take a stab at how this might look? Maybe I need to see it to believe it.

Edit: I just made a quick workup of it right now... how come I can't post the picture here?

Rear numbers are orange. But their Blue, Orange, Black would be much better. Not sure about the yellow or green (shades of their logo)
This is incorrect. The rear numbers on the gray jerseys are black with a silver outline and an orange (specifically red-orange) trim at the bottom of the numbers. The only jersey to have orange numbers are the black alternate jerseys and the black BP jerseys.

As for the wordmark, no versions of their wordmarks for either Miami or Marlins are orange, they are all either white or black, which is why I was curious about your suggestion for an orange wordmark.

There is also no green on any of their uniform logos. Yellow is only used to trim the middle portion of the M on their caps/helmets, sleeve patch, and chest wordmark. Yellow is used nowhere else.

I stand corrected, I don't know why I thought green. Maybe I was thinking of the stadium wall color. I saw the rear numbers after I posted that, and I was too lazy to edit.
No problem. Marlins Park has that lime green wall color (which actually looks ok in person as tv makes it look almost fluorescent) but also the ballpark is divided into four quadrants by color, red yellow blue and green, so some early logos, brochures, and other stadium related materials occasionally have some green in them so this often gets confused with the colors the team actually wears. For a little clarity on the four quadrant colors they're based off the artist Joan Miro who mostly uses those four colors in his artwork. Each quadrant is color coded so that you always have a sense of where you are in the ballpark. Even the four parking garages are color coded so that if you are sitting in say the yellow section you know to park in the yellow garage so you are closer to ur seating section and can thus get to ur car quicker after the game.

No problem. Marlins Park has that lime green wall color (which actually looks ok in person as tv makes it look almost fluorescent) but also the ballpark is divided into four quadrants by color, red yellow blue and green, so some early logos, brochures, and other stadium related materials occasionally have some green in them so this often gets confused with the colors the team actually wears. For a little clarity on the four quadrant colors they're based off the artist Joan Miro who mostly uses those four colors in his artwork. Each quadrant is color coded so that you always have a sense of where you are in the ballpark. Even the four parking garages are color coded so that if you are sitting in say the yellow section you know to park in the yellow garage so you are closer to ur seating section and can thus get to ur car quicker after the game.

"You know those gigantic balls people put on top of their cars so they can find it in the parking lot? Everyone should have one of those!" - Homer Simpson

I don't like those either. That wordmark logo is bland and generic in both its classic and modernized versions. The sweater design is a blatant ripoff of the Habs' road whites, too:

00cuFn4.jpg

NHL aesthetics are incestuous and unoriginal enough as it is nowadays, no need to revisit Original Six Dress-Up uniforms of the past.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I must be the only one who doesn't like these. Yeah, the primary jerseys aren't great, but this is incredibly dated and should not become the permanent jersey.PHO-10Dec28-280025.jpg

Get rid of that and PLEASE give us an updated blue jersey!

spacer.png

I must be the only one who doesn't like these. Yeah, the primary jerseys aren't great, but this is incredibly dated and should not become the permanent jersey.

PHO-10Dec28-280025.jpg

You're definitely not the only one. I've never liked those at all. The logo (as well as its' current update) has always looked ugly and weak, and needs to be shot back in time to the Ford administration where it belongs.

A spin-off unpopular opinion, but I don't like the Caps' current uniforms, either. Give me the 90's eagle and colors a million times over (much stronger logo and a more unique color scheme that still fit extremely well with the identity). In a league that's got a lot of red-white-blue going on as is, blue-black-bronze was a very good scheme to help Washington stand out. Now they're "just another RWB team" once again.

• Like 1

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

The Miami Dolphins current look is an upgrade over their previous one. The dolphin with the helmet was goofy looking.

• Like 2

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

The Miami Dolphins current look is an upgrade over their previous one. The dolphin with the helmet was goofy looking.

I can agree with this. The classic Dolphin look gets a lot of love because it was around so long and grew on everyone because it has basically been a staple of the NFL for as long as the majority of people can remember. But toning down the orange, brightening up the aqua/teal, focusing more on the clean white and teal look, and modernizing the dolphin are all positive changes.

• Like 2