Unpopular Opinions

The Miami Dolphins current look is an upgrade over their previous one. The dolphin with the helmet was goofy looking.

I can agree with this. The classic Dolphin look gets a lot of love because it was around so long and grew on everyone because it has basically been a staple of the NFL for as long as the majority of people can remember. But toning down the orange, brightening up the aqua/teal, focusing more on the clean white and teal look, and modernizing the dolphin are all positive changes.

I really like the Dolphins' update, but I can't agree with that at all. They definitely should've used Orange more. At the very least, they could've used it to break up the Aqua/Dark Blue, which blends horribly on the white jerseys and pants. And while I think moving away from the helmeted dolphin was a good idea, I'm baffled as to why they decided not to use the classic "dolphin leaping" shape in order to keep a link to the past.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

The Miami Dolphins current look is an upgrade over their previous one. The dolphin with the helmet was goofy looking.

I can agree with this. The classic Dolphin look gets a lot of love because it was around so long and grew on everyone because it has basically been a staple of the NFL for as long as the majority of people can remember. But toning down the orange, brightening up the aqua/teal, focusing more on the clean white and teal look, and modernizing the dolphin are all positive changes.

I really like the Dolphins' update, but I can't agree with that at all. They definitely should've used Orange more. At the very least, they could've used it to break up the Aqua/Dark Blue, which blends horribly on the white jerseys and pants. And while I think moving away from the helmeted dolphin was a good idea, I'm baffled as to why they decided not to use the classic "dolphin leaping" shape in order to keep a link to the past.

All good reasons... I like it. I just don't love the orange so much when its stuck with the teal. I myself enjoy the clean teal and white look and I love that that has been emphasized. All personal opinions of course.

I must be the only one who doesn't like these. Yeah, the primary jerseys aren't great, but this is incredibly dated and should not become the permanent jersey.

PHO-10Dec28-280025.jpg

Those weren't very good, but pretty much anything's better than the Edgified crap they wear now.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I like these:

NHL_Hockey-36.jpg

It's a downgrade from what they had pre-edge and nowhere near as good as they have now, but I liked the idea of an NHL team trying the collegiate route with their jerseys. Of course, they screwed up the home jersey when the Edge system first came out with too much black and not enough green, so that kinda made that set D.O.A. even with the alternate/eventual away to try and save things a bit.

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

I like the Yankees' BP cap with the gray bill. A little variety every now and then is not going to ruin their precious "traditions."

This. I would love it if more teams changes things up just a little for a game or two a year. A perfect example in my mind would be Alabama's white helmets. They don't look bad and it would be a nice change for only one or two games per year.

I like these:

NHL_Hockey-36.jpg

It's a downgrade from what they had pre-edge and nowhere near as good as they have now, but I liked the idea of an NHL team trying the collegiate route with their jerseys. Of course, they screwed up the home jersey when the Edge system first came out with too much black and not enough green, so that kinda made that set D.O.A. even with the alternate/eventual away to try and save things a bit.

If you added something to the set, i could live with the wordmark

Ie, thicker waist stripes, or a shoulder yoke or just something

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

I like these:

NHL_Hockey-36.jpg

I agree with all of this. I just don't think these unis deserve the universal condemnation they've received, and I thought they looked sharp.

spacer.png

I may have posted this a few times before, but I don't think the Houston Rockets should ever sway from their current look...at least not for a long while. I think they're a modern classic.

I'm not as sold on the current look as you (a slightly simplified version would be ideal), but I feel like I'm one of few who dislikes the original red and yellow set. The combo gives off a dated feel and I don't think it should return for Houston.

The opinion: The Browns is a rather dumb nickname.

The question: Can a case be made that the name does not technically hold up for the same reasons the Dallas Lone Stars name does not? (i.e pluralizing what is supposed to be a singular object)

Midway.png

I like these:

NHL_Hockey-36.jpg

I agree with all of this. I just don't think these unis deserve the universal condemnation they've received, and I thought they looked sharp.

If they had normal stripes on the arms, I'd like them.

Islanders18.png

If the Islanders had used this 1997-98 style uni originally in 1995 without the Gorton's Fisherman logo in the middle, it would have been very well received and lasted a few years longer.

Maybe a year or 2 at most but I don't see it lasting longer really than it did, the wave number and name is just so damn goofy and the striping looks like a drunk child drew it, I just hate how there's no consistency to the thickness of the stripes.

Also the blues changed their uniforms to have regular numbers the same year the islanders did for the 97-98 season.

Islanders18.png

If the Islanders had used this 1997-98 style uni originally in 1995 without the Gorton's Fisherman logo in the middle, it would have been very well received and lasted a few years longer.

Maybe a year or 2 at most but I don't see it lasting longer really than it did, the wave number and name is just so damn goofy and the striping looks like a drunk child drew it, I just hate how there's no consistency to the thickness of the stripes.

Also the blues changed their uniforms to have regular numbers the same year the islanders did for the 97-98 season.

To be honest, I think this uniform looks like it was created in MS Paint.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg