Unpopular Opinions

Here's a unpopular opinion - the NBA should make a rule that all players wearing any kind of shirt or tights under their jerseys should be kicked in the testicles before taking the court. It looks like crap. It's doesn't make you look cool, and it doesn't help your blood flow or any crap like that. You look like the kid on the junior high team who wore a shirt because he was self-conscious about his lack of underarm hair. Or alternatively, the fat kid who wore a t-shirt in the pool.

"Have an unsightly scar or rash that you'd rather not be projected to millions of viewers in HD on ESPN? Screw you! You look like an amateur!"

While I understand they're classics, I have always hated the shoulder stripes on USC's uniforms.

usc-12-redgold-rictapia-675x380.jpg

What the hell is going on with his jersey? Either Nike messed up in putting sweatbox badly off-center, or the number is sewn on at a very skewed angle. Look at the bottom of the 7. I've never seen anything like that.

Also, I dislike all laces on hockey jerseys. They just seem so contrived, particularly on newer looks. It's not functional. It would be like if a football team came out with a helmet that mimicked the pattern of old leather helmets (don't say Michigan). I mean, there would be certain times that would look appropriate, but for the most part it would be dumb.

• Like 1
OldRomanSig2.jpg

Here's a unpopular opinion - the NBA should make a rule that all players wearing any kind of shirt or tights under their jerseys should be kicked in the testicles before taking the court. It looks like crap. It's doesn't make you look cool, and it doesn't help your blood flow or any crap like that. You look like the kid on the junior high team who wore a shirt because he was self-conscious about his lack of underarm hair. Or alternatively, the fat kid who wore a t-shirt in the pool.

"Have an unsightly scar or rash that you'd rather not be projected to millions of viewers in HD on ESPN? Screw you! You look like an amateur!"

Yes. Clearly after never having an issue before, the NBA is suddenly awash with scars and rashes the past few years. Why, I bet they're contagious!

OldRomanSig2.jpg

anthony-davis-pelicans.jpg

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

I love Cleveland's blue jersey, which kind of feels like an unpopular opinion now.

Hating or loving anything about the current Cavs look seems like an unpopular opinion. So no matter what you think about it, it's unpopular.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

anthony-davis-pelicans.jpg

I know he wears a t-shirt. It looks dumb on him, too.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I don't know exactly how unpopular this opinion really is, but the McFarlane jersey is my favorite Oilers look of all-time...

Jersey_York.jpg

I'm not saying the classic Oilers is bad. I just have a fondness for that particular uniform. It was a cool design, kind of how the Oilers would look if they were a 2000s expansion team.

• Like 2

Maybe I'm one of the very few who feels this way, but I think the NHL lace-up collars are overused and pointless. I don't think they add anything to the uniforms at all and would hardly be noticed if taken off.

460592339_slide.jpg

Dustin-Byfuglien-Winnipeg-Jets-v-New-Yor

zdeno-chara-nhl-florida-panthers-boston-

It's a traditional collar that has been used in almost all the existence of hockey. It definitely adds to the uniform with a classic look. You don't see lace ups on modern sweaters such as Washington, LA, etc. It is pretty limited to classic templates sweaters. Lace ups out of hockey would be so wrong.

I don't know exactly how unpopular this opinion really is, but the McFarlane jersey is my favorite Oilers look of all-time...

Jersey_York.jpg

I'm not saying the classic Oilers is bad. I just have a fondness for that particular uniform. It was a cool design, kind of how the Oilers would look if they were a 2000s expansion team.

Couldn't agree more. I love that jersey.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

I really dislike some Montreal's road uniform. As I hate the team I have respect for the red uniform (I also think that they should add lace ups to it) but the white one is just lacking.

4mhwalzg6chhl945x8xd5d8eb.gif

To me I think they should go back to this:

oseis2fq98qe9w3xum89751a4.gif

I like it when the regular uniforms match, also wish Ottawa would go to this:

qgkpafl7m552vibx6fh3s572z.gif

8351_ottawa_senators-special_event-2014.

But that might be a popular opinion with Ottawa.

• Like 1

zyyMk1d.png

Habs don't have lace collars now, and having one of the most classic looks in the league

I honestly like the laces, but do think that they are becoming overused, honestly.

Another original six team who doesn't use them currently.

jonathan_toews.jpg

I'm very traditional-minded about most things. But I just think they're overused these days.

bufg.png

Habs don't have lace collars now, and having one of the most classic looks in the league

I honestly like the laces, but do think that they are becoming overused, honestly.

jonathan_toews.jpg

I'm very traditional-minded about most things. But I just think they're overused these days.

Haven't used them since the mid-60s....

They are not being overused. 14 teams use them in their primaries. It's a commonly used collar for hockey sweaters.

jonathan_toews.jpg

Haven't used them since the mid-60s....

They are not being overused.

Still, they are considered classic uniforms(point a)

Also, of the 30 teams in the LNH/NHL

14 Teams use laces on their home/away jerseys

5 more use them for the third jersey, bringing the total to 18

The 11 teams that do not have a lace jersey?

Chicago(Original 6)

Detroit(Original 6)

Edmonton(Canadian)

Florida

Los Angeles

Montréal(Canadian, Original 6)

Nashville

New Jersey

Pittsburgh(First Expansion)

Vancouver(Canadian)

Washington(First Expansion)

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

I really dislike some Montreal's road uniform. As I hate the team I have respect for the red uniform (I also think that they should add lace ups to it) but the white one is just lacking.

4mhwalzg6chhl945x8xd5d8eb.gif

To me I think they should go back to this:

oseis2fq98qe9w3xum89751a4.gif

I like it when the regular uniforms match

The problem is that the white uniform was just an experiment used for only 3 years, until it they ditched it in favour of what they were previously wearing. It failed to catch on then, and I think it would fail to catch on today as well. And it wouldn't be possible for the team to lower it down on the hierarchy scale or to completely dismiss it, considering it was the mark of so many Stanley Cup winning teams.

But even if we remove the historic purposes, that jersey would get tiresome very fast. The crest doesn't stand out as much on that darker blue background like it does on white, the red stripes lose a lot of vibrance against the blue, and from a distance the jersey is essentially white with blue blobs and a couple of little elements here and there which are given too little importance.

Edit: When you said you hate the team, I was surprised when I saw your profile location. :)

• Like 1

I do like the Canadiens blue striped white jersey but yeah.. there's way too much history in the white jerseys to make a switch permanently. I'd be fine with the Habs bringing that back for an alternate, though. And not like a 15 time a year alternate, but I guess use it once in Boston, once in New York, once in Toronto, and once in Detroit a year and maybe once more against each Atlantic non-O6 division team and it could work.

• Like 1

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

While I understand they're classics, I have always hated the shoulder stripes on USC's uniforms.

Also, I dislike all laces on hockey jerseys. They just seem so contrived, particularly on newer looks. It's not functional. It would be like if a football team came out with a helmet that mimicked the pattern of old leather helmets (don't say Michigan). I mean, there would be certain times that would look appropriate, but for the most part it would be dumb.

In response to the leather pattern...

image.jpg

fiowXOD.png