Unpopular Opinions

The current Brewers look IS very nice in a lot of ways, and I don't think going back to the ball in glove is the answer. There's still room for the current identity to work with a few tweaks.

Definitely. It's not perfect, but it's the best the Brewers have had by far.

• Like 1

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Not my own opinion, but apparently a lot of people don't like this

3588_philadelphia_76ers-secondary-2015.p

Too silly or something.

The only thing that could make this better is if Ben was holding a cheese steak in the other hand.

YES.

spacer.png

I remember someone once said the current Brewers logo looks like it was the product of a corporate think tank. I always thought that was spot on. It has no heart. It looks like it was made by a bunch of suits in a boardroom.

I don't think the Brewers have found their best look yet. It's out there somewhere, keep looking.

I do think this is in the right ballpark though:

61fc01002808590f3a65156752564abd.jpg

90758391980.gif

That wordmark is gorgeous

Also, a possible unpopular opinion: I think stirrups look bad and serve no functionality in today's game. Just wear a solid sock or sock with the design already woven into the fabric. It especially looks bad when someone wears gray pants with a stirrup and the white sock is showing.

• Like 3

I know I keep posting here haha, but I keep thinking of more!

Honestly, I feel the Brewers look the best they've ever looked right now. I absolutely love the concept behind the branding, as I think it's much stronger and has more thought to it than many give it credit for. Every mark looks to me like it could easily pass for branding on a beer label or can, and it helps matters too that I feel navy and that shade of gold just look beautiful together.

I feel the quite the same.

The Brewers script uses same style as many old school beer labels. I don't know if many current beer products still use that style. But for what the logo is...it's very tough to beat no doubt...

Milwaukee_Brewers_logo.jpg

cheers77623.png

Shiner-index.gif

coopers_lager.jpg

• Like 2

I love the Brewers current identity. I've said this before, their ball-in-glove set just didn't scream "Brewers" to me and I personally think ANY team with the initials, M and B, could use that set. Not to mention that the set was fairly outdated to me. What they have now is clean, modern, and represents their name quite well. It has it's flaws, but they're too minor for me to consider the entire identity a "mess". IF the Brewers were to go into a new direction with their identity, I'd rather them start from scratch than bringing back the old ball-in-glove set.

• Like 1

I think Nike has been a huge downgrade in the NFL. Not so much for the designs. Reebok blew it with a few teams (not as bad as Nike did with the Bucs, but both companies had some duds).

I have a slightly bigger problem with Nike's "stamps"...toilet seat collars, Seattle and Tampa having very "nikefied" designs and the awful Jags helmet are a bit worse then Reebok's over-reliance on piping and side panels. As bad as that was, it did not smack so much of "uniforms are a billboard for manufacturers."

But the big thing for me is how cheap it looks. I really struggle with the general notion that Nike's quality is better. I don't buy replicas and cannot really speak to that. But the sweat boxes, see through pants, mismatched greens and the inability to produce green Eagles jerseys really made me feel that quality took a huge tumble. But I am virtually alone.

• Like 1

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Based on what I am seeing in the NHL thread, I have just discovered that I have an opinion that is very unpopular...

I never thought much of the Avs footprint shoulder patch. I don't hate it or like it and the fact that it may be gone does not bother me one bit.

• Like 1

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I actually think Nike uniforms look more professional than Reebok's and other previous ones did.. The thicker, more durable looking material, non-dazzle fabrics, and overall consistency (apart from green's), are all positives in my book.. The raiders jerseys look cheap to me, as do most uniforms from older pictures I see.. The old collars look too thin and dingy, etc.. I agree that the toilet seat look is silly, but most teams fixed that by making it one color

I think Nike has been a huge downgrade in the NFL. Not so much for the designs. Reebok blew it with a few teams (not as bad as Nike did with the Bucs, but both companies had some duds).

I have a slightly bigger problem with Nike's "stamps"...toilet seat collars, Seattle and Tampa having very "nikefied" designs and the awful Jags helmet are a bit worse then Reebok's over-reliance on piping and side panels. As bad as that was, it did not smack so much of "uniforms are a billboard for manufacturers."

But the big thing for me is how cheap it looks. I really struggle with the general notion that Nike's quality is better. I don't buy replicas and cannot really speak to that. But the sweat boxes, see through pants, mismatched greens and the inability to produce green Eagles jerseys really made me feel that quality took a huge tumble. But I am virtually alone.

Not totally alone! I love Reebok NFL uniforms. I actually stopped buying NFL jerseys around the time Nike started making them, it's unrelated, but I'm glad I stopped.