Unpopular Opinions

-The Dallas Mavericks should never have green in their uniform set again

-The Dallas Cowboys having two different blues is fine.

-The Buccaneers should NEVER go back to the Creamsicles (seriously, why would you want to wear a get up named after ice cream)

-The Miami Marlins current logo is great. Not every team is the Yankees and a 90s team from Florida shouldn't be pretending like it is.

-All Original Six teams, their mythos and their uniforms are highly overrated.

I agree with most of these, don't know what the last one means but why is it OK for the cowboys to have two different blues??? It'd be such a simple fix and it would look so much better

I have not seen a single concept on these boards or elsewhere where the unified blue looks as good as the current look. People always go with the dark blue and I really don't care for how that looks on the whites with the silver-green pants, which I also defend. Cowboys have the best look in the NFL. No tweaks needed

And to the O6 everything about it is overrated. It's super easy to stack 24 championships when you won 13 of them when there were only six teams in the league. It's like is anyone proud of going to the playoffs in the Arena Football League? 2/3 of your conference goes to the playoffs because it's a joke set up. NHL was little league until 1967 in terms of number of teams.

I agree. In theory, I should hate Dallas's mismatched blues but in practice I prefer it. The concepts never look as good as I'd think they would.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

On 7/8/2015 at 11:04 AM, VikWings said:
On 7/7/2015 at 1:20 AM, Dolphins Dynasty said:

This...

...is better than this...

Agreed.

I actually think this is a popular opinion.

I hate the "M". I despise the little underline and I may prefer it if they'd have made it a bit more basic.

I like the quirkiness of the "TC". It's unique to how other teams do their hat logos. I don't need it to match the wordmark.

I do understand the beef people have with the red "C" blending into the dark background. For the Target Field changes (where they smartly got rid of the nameplates and improved the home wordmark), I wish they'd have updated the "TC" to have both letters be red, with a white outlining. They either did not think to do that or they did not want to look like the Red Sox or then Cards road hat. That would be a great-looking hat. I have seen fashion caps that have the two letters matching and I think it works.

Even with that rather large flaw, I still think it beats the "M".

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

-The Buccaneers should NEVER go back to the Creamsicles (seriously, why would you want to wear a get up named after ice cream)

-The Miami Marlins current logo is great. Not every team is the Yankees and a 90s team from Florida shouldn't be pretending like it is.

I agree with most of these, don't know what the last one means but why is it OK for the cowboys to have two different blues??? It'd be such a simple fix and it would look so much better

I have not seen a single concept on these boards or elsewhere where the unified blue looks as good as the current look. People always go with the dark blue and I really don't care for how that looks on the whites with the silver-green pants, which I also defend. Cowboys have the best look in the NFL. No tweaks needed

And to the O6 everything about it is overrated. It's super easy to stack 24 championships when you won 13 of them when there were only six teams in the league. It's like is anyone proud of going to the playoffs in the Arena Football League? 2/3 of your conference goes to the playoffs because it's a joke set up. NHL was little league until 1967 in terms of number of teams.

I agree. In theory, I should hate Dallas's mismatched blues but in practice I prefer it. The concepts never look as good as I'd think they would.

I just don't see it. How does navy look good with tiny amounts of royal blue and black? The "fixed" jersey concepts always look better to me

I just don't see it. How does navy look good with tiny amounts of royal blue and black? The "fixed" jersey concepts always look better to me

Once is fine Sleuth and that's fine if you don't agree with me. If everyone held my opinion it wouldn't be very unpopular now would it

tumblr_p3eoj4gyq71ufhi8uo1_1280.png

DU2NX7nW0AAhqtw.jpg

Oh three more things

-Throwback for throwback's sake is worse than BFBS

-The new Bucks rebrand top to bottom sucks

-Sleeved NBA jerseys don't bug me that much and if done properly I wouldn't mind ads on NBA jerseys.

How the **** can it be done properly? Don't give me the crap that a little patch wouldn't be too bad, it's still horrendously out of place and a disgusting symbol of greed.

Obviously, it's clear to see how it can be viewed as "greedy", and I'm not hoping for it in any way, but there are companies out there that desperately want to advertise in avenues that are as marketable as NBA jerseys, so you could argue that denying them that privilege for something as silly as aesthetic value is also greedy.. Like I said, I'm not for it, and I'm a huge fan of maintaining the aesthetic integrity, but this is a business we're taking about, and they're in business to make money

Since NBA teams are moving toward roundel usage anyways I think either something like MLS/Premier League do with their uniforms wouldn't be the worst thing on Earth.
So roundels somehow make ads okay? I must say I do not understand that logic whatsoever.

Also in a reasonable world, the NBA would lose money from ads because the they'd turn fans off, but obviously most sports fans these days have become drones who will blindly accept anything their team shoves at them.

No. What I am saying is we have a template for how to make uniforms work with ads, be unique and still display the team logo. Do you think EPL fans are pissing and moaning like "Wow I'd love to buy this Man U logo if it wasn't for this dang corporate logo on the front. I guess I won't buy it!"

And if you think the number of fans who will stop buying gear because of sponsors on the jerseys will outweigh the money a theoretical sponsor would bring to team/league I've got a bridge to sell you.

tumblr_p3eoj4gyq71ufhi8uo1_1280.png

DU2NX7nW0AAhqtw.jpg

Oh three more things

-Sleeved NBA jerseys don't bug me that much and if done properly I wouldn't mind ads on NBA jerseys.

How the **** can it be done properly? Don't give me the crap that a little patch wouldn't be too bad, it's still horrendously out of place and a disgusting symbol of greed.

Obviously, it's clear to see how it can be viewed as "greedy", and I'm not hoping for it in any way, but there are companies out there that desperately want to advertise in avenues that are as marketable as NBA jerseys, so you could argue that denying them that privilege for something as silly as aesthetic value is also greedy.. Like I said, I'm not for it, and I'm a huge fan of maintaining the aesthetic integrity, but this is a business we're taking about, and they're in business to make money

Since NBA teams are moving toward roundel usage anyways I think either something like MLS/Premier League do with their uniforms wouldn't be the worst thing on Earth.
So roundels somehow make ads okay? I must say I do not understand that logic whatsoever.

Also in a reasonable world, the NBA would lose money from ads because the they'd turn fans off, but obviously most sports fans these days have become drones who will blindly accept anything their team shoves at them.

No. What I am saying is we have a template for how to make uniforms work with ads, be unique and still display the team logo. Do you think EPL fans are pissing and moaning like "Wow I'd love to buy this Man U logo if it wasn't for this dang corporate logo on the front. I guess I won't buy it!"

And if you think the number of fans who will stop buying gear because of sponsors on the jerseys will outweigh the money a theoretical sponsor would bring to team/league I've got a bridge to sell you.

That does not exist and never, ever will. I'm aware fans will still by the crap, but that's because most fans are stupid with their alligeance and will eat up any s*** the team throws at them.

I know they'll make money off it, because fans can never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, EVER stand up to their team's crap and tell them to **** off for once.

All I know is that I would never even consider rooting for a team that had any ad on their uniform, because no matter how "tasteful" it is you're no longer cheering for a team, you're cheering for a brand. I know this'll eventually happen in all sports, which is why I know my days as a sports fan are probably normal, because of greed.

Oh three more things

Agreed^ it would never look good

I'm pretty sure "if done properly" means "if never done at all, ever".

I'm starting to dislike the entire Cubs identity. The home jersey looks really amateur with the blue pinstripes and the whole Cubs in the circle looks... Boring. The vest they wore as a throwback a couple of years ago looks way better IMO. I absolutely hate the road jersey. From the font to the color of the number being different than the script. It just looks bad. I always thought the road jersey with the red line under it was their best look. The alt road speaks for itself. The blue jersey is probably the best of the set.

I also like these throwback alts. Even with their current helmets. (I'll catch a lot of heat for this I'm sure.)

uspw_6718080.jpg

Agreed, throwback leather helmets always look cool, no surprise I always really digged the Texas A&M throwback this year

The a&m throwbacks are one of the greatest helmets of all time

I also like these throwback alts. Even with their current helmets. (I'll catch a lot of heat for this I'm sure.)

uspw_6718080.jpg

Agreed, throwback leather helmets always look cool, no surprise I always really digged the Texas A&M throwback this year

Yeah, the 1939 helmets were really cool.

Another thing I like that most people don't are these full body animal logos:

342.gif370.gifhe0r2sbq6u7gr9i2th9q.gif598.gif452.gif

I've always been a huge fan of that Bengals full-body logo. It's still my favorite logo they've ever had. That or the Bengal head logo should still be the primary.

I also really liked the Jaguars one on the uniform sleeves. I don't think I'd have minded the Panthers one being used in the same manner.

• Like 1

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

uspw_6718080.jpg

Here's the problem with full-bodied logos: the head almost always looks tacked on.

uspw_6718080.jpg

Here's the problem with full-bodied logos: the head almost always looks tacked on.

That's why I just glance at it and don't think too hard about it