Unpopular Opinions

I also like these throwback alts. Even with their current helmets. (I'll catch a lot of heat for this I'm sure.)

Agreed, throwback leather helmets always look cool, no surprise I always really digged the Texas A&M throwback this year

Yeah, the 1939 helmets were really cool.

Another thing I like that most people don't are these full body animal logos:

342.gif370.gifhe0r2sbq6u7gr9i2th9q.gif598.gif452.gif

Here's the problem with full-bodied logos: the head almost always looks tacked on.

That's why I just glance at it and don't think too hard about it

And here I am spending countless hours looking at a logo, when I could just glance at it for a second. Damn, learn something new everyday.

I like the Jaguars and bengals full body logos because they seem the most natural. The panthers one seems like a very unsual way for the panthers head to be turned. The Seahawks looks more like an illustration, and I don't know what the Broncos one is even trying to do.

On 7/13/2015 at 9:16 AM, rickyISking said:
On 7/13/2015 at 9:01 AM, 1insaneguy said:
On 7/13/2015 at 0:23 AM, sleuthpanther said:
On 7/12/2015 at 4:07 PM, 1insaneguy said:

I also like these throwback alts. Even with their current helmets. (I'll catch a lot of heat for this I'm sure.)

Agreed, throwback leather helmets always look cool, no surprise I always really digged the Texas A&M throwback this year

Here's the problem with full-bodied logos: the head almost always looks tacked on.

I prefer full body logos as well. It's astonishing to me how many "animal head" logos are out there.

The Bengal and Jaguar logos above are really nice. I loved the Jags logo on the sleeve in the old days. Admittedly, that contortionist horse Bronco logo is a little weird. And regarding "tacked-on heads" perhaps the reason for that is that most teams start with a head logo. The Panthers logo here is a good example. That head was designed as a stand-alone and then they tacked a body onto it. But overall, I like full-body animal logos better:

I am willing to be that most of the below are unpopular opinions

• O's standing bird >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>cartoon bird
  • Loved the Coyotes alt logo
  • Eagles Cunningham-era bird > current eagle head
  • Thank goodness the Lions did not dump their full-body silhouette in favor of yet another "ferocious" cat head logo.
  • Leaping (NHL) Panthers logo > than head-only
  • Skating penguin > robo-bird
  • Cubs "crawling bear" sleeve patch > "bear head" sleeve patch of the 80s.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I'm starting to dislike the entire Cubs identity. The home jersey looks really amateur with the blue pinstripes and the whole Cubs in the circle looks... Boring. The vest they wore as a throwback a couple of years ago looks way better IMO. I absolutely hate the road jersey. From the font to the color of the number being different than the script. It just looks bad. I always thought the road jersey with the red line under it was their best look. The alt road speaks for itself. The blue jersey is probably the best of the set.

Care to explain how blue pinstripes look amateurish? You must think the Mets home looks amateurish too, right?

I'm starting to dislike the entire Cubs identity. The home jersey looks really amateur with the blue pinstripes and the whole Cubs in the circle looks... Boring. The vest they wore as a throwback a couple of years ago looks way better IMO. I absolutely hate the road jersey. From the font to the color of the number being different than the script. It just looks bad. I always thought the road jersey with the red line under it was their best look. The alt road speaks for itself. The blue jersey is probably the best of the set.

Care to explain how blue pinstripes look amateurish? You must think the Mets home looks amateurish too, right?

not to mention, taking blue pinstripe to be any shade of the colour blue, the yankees as well.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

342.gif370.gifhe0r2sbq6u7gr9i2th9q.gif598.gif452.gif

That's why I just glance at it and don't think too hard about it

And here I am spending countless hours looking at a logo, when I could just glance at it for a second. Damn, learn something new everyday.

That Seahawks one does look like it has a broken neck if you look at it long enough and that Broncos one looks like it just got shot in the side. I still like them anyway. That Panthers one is great though.

not to mention, taking blue pinstripe to be any shade of the colour blue, the yankees as well.
The shade is too bright. I think it makes the uniform look cheap. If I'm not mistake, the mets have a darker shade. By blue, I mean blue. Not navy.

The shade is too bright. I think it makes the uniform look cheap. If I'm not mistake, the mets have a darker shade. By blue, I mean blue. Not navy.
Navy is blue....

I agree. In theory, I should hate Dallas's mismatched blues but in practice I prefer it. The concepts never look as good as I'd think they would.

I think it's because, like he said, everyone seems to start with their navy jerseys and go from there, either putting those colors on the current white jerseys or actually color-swapping the navys to white. The navy jerseys suck. They're really, really bad. They shouldn't make the jerseys they wear 95% of the time worse just to match the crappy navy alternates. And the Cowboys shouldn't be in navy to begin with. The Cowboys need to go back to what they wore in the '70s (although they can drop the serifed font if they prefer) - dark royal blue with bluish-silver. They can even keep the black stripe outlines on both jerseys are their little quirk. I'd also like if they changed their helmet to the greenish-silver of the pants, but bluish-silver is preferred. Of course, they helmet needs to match the pants, but that goes without saying.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The Stars have won of the bottom 5 NHL logos, there's nothing cool or clever or classy about it whatsoever.

I love their jerseys but hate the logo. They could have easily just recolored what they had, despite what the owner or whoever was said when they were unveiled.

Navy is blue....
Seriously? You're going to be that way? ROYAL.

The Stars have won of the bottom 5 NHL logos, there's nothing cool or clever or classy about it whatsoever.

I love their jerseys but hate the logo. They could have easily just recolored what they had, despite what the owner or whoever was said when they were unveiled.

I think they should've went with an entirely different identity when they left Minneapolis. I get the nod to the North Stars, but I've just never been a fan of what they later became (adding black for the most of it). I also think it looks incredibly weird that a Dallas-based team isn't using blue, but that's more of a personal perspective of mine. I still think their current look is the best they've ever looked as the "Dallas Stars".

Also, I would've prefer if they went with "Texas" instead of "Dallas" because they're the only NHL team in their state.

IMO the Phillies, if they're going to stick with their red look, just need to make the stars on their Whiz Kid era uniforms blue and be done with it. If they did that they might have a top 10 MLB look.

Apparently you are a mistake, because it's the exact same color. Do you really expect Majestic to have two different royal blue pinstripe shades?

• 3 weeks later...

I do understand the beef people have with the red "C" blending into the dark background. For the Target Field changes (where they smartly got rid of the nameplates and improved the home wordmark), I wish they'd have updated the "TC" to have both letters be red, with a white outlining. They either did not think to do that or they did not want to look like the Red Sox or then Cards road hat. That would be a great-looking hat. I have seen fashion caps that have the two letters matching and I think it works.

Even with that rather large flaw, I still think it beats the "M".

This has always been the complaint about the TC that I've never understood. I don't at all think the red blends in with the navy; I actually think it makes for a good contrast.

- Minnesota Twins - Minnesota Golden Gophers - Dallas Stars - Dallas Mavericks - Norwich City FC -

- Texas Tech Red Raiders - FC DallasMinnesota Vikings - Borussia Dortmund -