Unpopular Opinions

Actually the Sabres did lift the striping from the 1967-1970 Leafs set. Long-time Leafs coach Punch Imlach helped build the Sabres from the ground up and once described the team's first uniform set along the lines of "we added gold because we have more class then Toronto."

Now that being said? The original Sabres' set was brilliant. The addition of gold helped separate the Sabres' look from the Leafs, a distinction only emphasized by the fact that the Sabres' original look and the Leafs' 1967-70 look never actually coexisted. The Leafs redesigned, going with the sleeve-length yokes and 70s style Leaf for the Sabres' first season. I don't see the Leafs ever bringing the 67-70 triple striping back to the primary sweaters. With Arizona having ditched it this off-season? It's wide open for the Sabres to claim as their own.

The only thing the 1990s set has going for it is the cool sweater template. The colours were over-used and the logo missed the point of the nickname. The team didn't want to just rely on buffalo imagery like so many Buffalo-based teams had done, so they went with Sabres. The 1990s logo didn't even include actual sabres, instead relying on....buffalo imagery.

Is the classic logo perfect? No, but it's far from the nondescript blob its detractors make it out to be. It's a clean mark that spells out the team name without having to use a single letter. It's a perfect icon for the team. Paired with the simple and unique colour scheme and a classic striping template? Its a near-perfect uniform set.

The current look is alright, and a huge improvement over the last two sets, but it just doesn't work for me. The Blues are committed to double blue and gold. The Perds are gold and navy. The Sabres could own the simple royal and gold colour scheme in the NHL if they'd just go back to the only great uniform set they've ever had.

• Like 2

the only thing wrong with the classic sabres jerseys is the mismatched sleeve/waist stripes. if they went with the blue/white/yellow/white/blue around the waist of the homes, and came up with a simple and appropriate secondary logo for the shoulders of the home and road (or just omitted it entirely) then they'd be perfect.

the current sabres uniforms are just a trainwreck of trying to do too much. if they wanted a "modernized" look, they should have just replaced the buffaslug logo on the buffaslug sweaters with the classic logo. if they wanted the classic look, they should have left out all the silver and piping and overdone outlines, and just brought back the classic look verbatim.

If by beautiful you mean hediously ugly and not at all representive of the team's nickname. Because nothing says "distinctive" like using a color scheme already used by three teams (and soon to be a fourth) And the striping just being the Leafs is a straight up lie. So you hate the Canucks home uniforms because the striping is just the Devils minus the shoulder yoke?

I'm not even a huge fan of the original Sabres uniforms (the buffalo is poorly rendered and the striping color inconsistency is horrendous), but the logo still had more appeal than the goathead. Seriously, WTF is that on the bottom right side of the logo? And blue and yellow (not navy) is one of the greatest color schemes ever.

The Sabres have never truly had a good uniform, but the goathead is the worst (I honestly prefer the Buffaslug to it, at least that one had some appeal and a better color scheme).

I've read you praise these uniforms multiply times, and it honestly feels like you just hate the original logo (and obviously the slug), so you just latch onto the goathead because you feel like you have to like at least one Sabres look. That's just my two cents, maybe you really like that hideous crap.

Who says a logo needs to spell out a teams namesake? Does the Bruins logo depict a bear? Does the Canadien's logo depict a Canadian? You can call the Sabres red and black scheme derivative all you want, but its not like their blue and gold look was wholly original either. The Blues beat them to it by three years and did a much better job. As for referring to that fantastic render of a Buffalo as a "goat-head", I would suggest picking up a book on wildlife because that logo looks nothing like a goat... It's hideous why? Because it actually looks like Buffalo instead of a non-descript blob?

If by beautiful you mean hediously ugly and not at all representive of the team's nickname. Because nothing says "distinctive" like using a color scheme already used by three teams (and soon to be a fourth) And the striping just being the Leafs is a straight up lie. So you hate the Canucks home uniforms because the striping is just the Devils minus the shoulder yoke?

I'm not even a huge fan of the original Sabres uniforms (the buffalo is poorly rendered and the striping color inconsistency is horrendous), but the logo still had more appeal than the goathead. Seriously, WTF is that on the bottom right side of the logo? And blue and yellow (not navy) is one of the greatest color schemes ever.

The Sabres have never truly had a good uniform, but the goathead is the worst (I honestly prefer the Buffaslug to it, at least that one had some appeal and a better color scheme).

I've read you praise these uniforms multiply times, and it honestly feels like you just hate the original logo (and obviously the slug), so you just latch onto the goathead because you feel like you have to like at least one Sabres look. That's just my two cents, maybe you really like that hideous crap.

Who says a logo needs to spell out a teams namesake? Does the Bruins logo depict a bear? Does the Canadien's logo depict a Canadian? You can call the Sabres red and black scheme derivative all you want, but its not like their blue and gold look was wholly original either. The Blues beat them to it by three years and did a much better job. As for referring to that fantastic render of a Buffalo as a "goat-head", I would suggest picking up a book on wildlife because that logo looks nothing like a goat... It's hideous why? Because it actually looks like Buffalo instead of a non-descript blob?

thing is though, the flag of buffalo(partially depicted in my avatar) is blue and white, without a semblance of red.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

The simpler Buffalo's uniforms, the better. Buffalo doesn't strike me as a very modern place. Why should their uniforms be? Let it forever be 1979 (cool tankjobs never have the time).

• Like 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The simpler Buffalo's uniforms, the better. Buffalo doesn't strike me as a very modern place. Why should their uniforms be? Let it forever be 1979 (cool tankjobs never have the time).

But but but we have food trucks now!

For some reason I like the Bills old uniforms. Don't get me wrong, I actually like their current uniforms. I just really like these for some strange reason:

buffalo-bills_pg_600.jpg

(I know that nobody agrees with me.)

Maybe if the pants stripe meshed a bit better with the jersey. And if the helmet didn't have about 15 helmet stripes. And if the numbers weren't double outlined

90758391980.gif

It was a few pages back and some were discussing the old Capitals logo and color scheme (the eagle and blue, black and gold).

I never liked that scheme or that logo. At all. Call me cheesy but if you're playing in the US Capital; you need to have the colors of the national flag in your color scheme. (Outside of the Redskins.)

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

For some reason I like the Bills old uniforms. Don't get me wrong, I actually like their current uniforms. I just really like these for some strange reason:

buffalo-bills_pg_600.jpg

Maybe if the pants stripe meshed a bit better with the jersey. And if the helmet didn't have about 15 helmet stripes. And if the numbers weren't double outlined

You're forgetting arguably the worst part, the phantom yoke.

You know a jersey is awful when the side panels are the least of it's problems.

A lot of the rebook era jerseys I liked at first (Vikings, Falcons, Cards (road only), Bengals) but didn't stand up over time. I hated this set from the start.

This is the type of unbridled contempt that can only grow in the heart of a Cubs fan ;)

Of course, the logo (and corresponding uniform) in my avatar trumps both Sabres unis posted, but that's another story!

buffalo-bills_pg_600.jpg

You are 1insaneguy
That monstrosity might be worse than the jags or bucs
Honestly, I agree that I like them. Not better than what they have now, but I like them.

I do though, like that red helmet a lot better than the current whites.

I actually like what they have now. But I have to agree with you. The Red Helmet is much better than the White helmet.

Another one about the NFL:

I like the old Chargers jerseys better than the new ones. Something about how that lightning bolt looks on a darker background. I just think it's cool.

PTDC0098_20120823831.gif

That's not that unpopular.

I like the old Chargers jerseys better than the new ones. Something about how that lightning bolt looks on a darker background. I just think it's cool.

That's not that unpopular.

I don't think liking this jersey better than the new ones is particularly unpopular.  But l think it's fairly unpopular for this to be anyone's favorite Chargers look ever, as so many seem to like the old powder blues (and a few like the Fouts-era royal).

This is definitely my favorite Chargers look.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

That's also my favorite Chargers uniform as well. The bolt always looked better against a darker background to me. Also, the powder blue just never did anything for me and I've never liked two bright colors primarily together like powder and gold (same reason I've never liked the Nuggets sets over the last decade).

I liked the royal blue Fouts sets a lot, and would be more than fine with something along those lines, but for me the 90's Chargers always looked best.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

This is the type of unbridled contempt that can only grow in the heart of a Cubs fan ;)

Of course, the logo (and corresponding uniform) in my avatar trumps both Sabres unis posted, but that's another story!

It'd be a fantastic uniform if it weren't for that stupid looking wordmark on the hem stripe.

It is cool. I don't think it's unpopular to like the navy blue Chargers. The powder blue is really great, but the navy blue is still great, too. It's like Van Halen and Van Hagar.

• Like 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

It is cool. I don't think it's unpopular to like the navy blue Chargers. The powder blue is really great, but the navy blue is still great, too. It's like Van Halen and Van Hagar.

What about that other singer for Van Halen that we always forget about?

But anyway,Solid Blue Chargers are such a beauty.

2v1ao9y.jpg

TRhBP9N.png

YO2Xb6F.png

cubsfansig.jpg