Unpopular Opinions

Another one about the NFL:

I like the old Chargers jerseys better than the new ones. Something about how that lightning bolt looks on a darker background. I just think it's cool.

It is cool. I don't think it's unpopular to like the navy blue Chargers. The powder blue is really great, but the navy blue is still great, too. It's like Van Halen and Van Hagar.

Incredible analogy, though I'm surprised to hear that you like Van Halen. I would have figured you'd consider them too mainstream or pop-ish.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I have listened to WLUP on and off my whole life. I like a lot of classic rock, but disliked the few times when the Loop went to a classic rock format and stopped playing anything made after the '80s. I mean, the Beatles are great, but I don't want to hear them (or Buffalo Springfield) on the Loop. I really liked Rock 103.5, and the Loop became my default radio station for a while after they changed formats. I dislike a lot of what they played on Q101, at least the softer stuff which they wouldn't have played on 103.5. And plenty of cynical people dislike Van Halen and claim their music is devoid of substance.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Well, when I listened, they didn't play much after the '80s other than Nirvana, Pearl Jam up through Vitalogy, and some U2, which was fine for a 16-year-old who thought that was when rock rocked. I think they went to more of a rock-for-scumbags format when I was in college, and then walked that back into playing Buffalo Springfield and Jackson Browne and all that stuff the high-revenue "adult" stations play. I just wanna Get The Led Out!

This tangent should probably get reassigned to a radio or music thread. Oh well.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Another one about the NFL:

I like the old Chargers jerseys better than the new ones. Something about how that lightning bolt looks on a darker background. I just think it's cool.

PTDC0098_20120823831.gif

Is this the original "make the team look tougher by darkening their primary color" uniform? I can see the argument for loking this uniform, but, to me, the powder blue is so much more emblamatic of the San Diego region... just like how the Fins' colors are perfect for the Miami region

I have listened to WLUP on and off my whole life. I like a lot of classic rock, but disliked the few times when the Loop went to a classic rock format and stopped playing anything made after the '80s. I mean, the Beatles are great, but I don't want to hear them (or Buffalo Springfield) on the Loop. I really liked Rock 103.5, and the Loop became my default radio station for a while after they changed formats. I dislike a lot of what they played on Q101, at least the softer stuff which they wouldn't have played on 103.5. And plenty of cynical people dislike Van Halen and claim their music is devoid of substance.

I always listened to either WLUP or The Drive. When I was a youngin' it was Wiil Rock out of Waukesha. Mandatory Metallica Mondays was my thing.

I always listened to either WLUP or The Drive. When I was a youngin' it was Wiil Rock out of Waukesha. Mandatory Metallica Mondays was my thing.

WIIL Rock is out of Kenosha and sucks. Music for high school weight rooms.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

So you basically don't like any hard rock.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Right! Kenosha, sorry for the brain fart. It was back during my Middle School days in the early 00's. Where they played more Classic Hard Rock than contemporary. I don't know what they play now. They took the station from the SW burbs. and put it on an off dial channel.

So to get back on topic: I really like the Rays Fauxbacks. For a team with a "young" history. They have a lot of imagination. In 20 years those rainbow gradients will be a true throwback when they are 40 years old.

Edited by JonYoung320

This has nothing to do with uniforms, but rather with stadiums- this is an unpopular opinion, anyway, and I know I may catch some flack for this: With some areas being plagued by droughts, I wouldn't mind some stadiums in those areas in baseball or football switching to artificial turf; the turfs today are MILES better than the stuff put out in the 1970s and 1980s.

UBwef0L.png

This has nothing to do with uniforms, but rather with stadiums- this is an unpopular opinion, anyway, and I know I may catch some flack for this: With some areas being plagued by droughts, I wouldn't mind some stadiums in those areas in baseball or football switching to artificial turf; the turfs today are MILES better than the stuff put out in the 1970s and 1980s.

{shots fired}

It'll take more than a couple years... maybe if ppl are dying from thirst for another 10+, then sure the SoCal & southwest teams might go for it... just to look like they're trying.

Toronto can't wait to get rid of its turf, the 2nd last in MLB with TB. 2018 aiming for.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark