Unpopular Opinions

I'm not sure I could tell you why, but I think the 90's red-clad Rangers might be my favorite look the Rangers have ever had:

JGONZALEZ.JPG

And it still looked great when they wore them as throwbacks:

rangersyu.jpg

I did see one concept though once which basically took the 90's uniform and replaced the arched wordmark with the Ryan Era script (colored red outlined in blue). If that ever hit the field, THAT would be my new Rangers favorite.

• Like 1

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

The mid '90's uniform is my favorite Texas Rangers look. The only thing I don't get is the road jersey did not have the headspoon piping like the home jersey. The rest of the piping on the sleeves and pans matched, though. Always kind of bothered me.

The mid '90's uniform is my favorite Texas Rangers look. The only thing I don't get is the road jersey did not have the headspoon piping like the home jersey. The rest of the piping on the sleeves and pans matched, though. Always kind of bothered me.

Yeah, I always thought that was a little strange as well. I've always wondered why they didn't go with it on the roads either, maybe because of the wordmark being double outlined rather than single (like the homes), they thought it would've been a little cluttering? That's all I can think of (though personally it wouldn't have bothered me). Either way though, the whole set still looked really great.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

This one's probably gonna set off a firestorm, but....

/stands up

I think the Jets could use a modernization of their 80s-1997 set.

Here's my thoughts with what they have. 7 year old me didn't like the throwback inspired uniforms at first when they came out in 1998, mainly the logo more than anything else with the dated looking "NY" in the background. But then over time I came to realize it's a classic looking set and I grew into it. But then Reebok botched up the shoulder stripes. Then Nike came around and not only failed to fix the shoulder stripes, but completely screw up the colors. One solution being thrown around is going back to kelly green so that it would match the Namath-era uniforms and so Nike can actually manage to make a uniform without 4 different shades of green appearing. The issue there though is that although kelly green works very well in most applications, it was too bright and garish and made the transition to the white stripes too abrupt.

My fix? Take the previous set, modernize the logo or bring back the jet plane logo and make it white, and go with that. Of course that probably means Nike throws in some needless custom number that derail an otherwise solid jersey like they did with the Browns, but it's gotta be better than 4 shades of green, right?

• Like 1

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

or even a good adidas uniform period. It didn't look bad, just didn't look like UCLA. I wish they would bring back the gold pants with the road whites.

Without these pictures, I wouldn't be able to recall what an Adidas uniform looks like without tire treads.

Even though they got bombed while wearing them against USC, I loved the all-white look of UCLA back in 2011.

ucla-10-11-allwhite-rictapia-vert-620x93

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

/stands up

Here's my thoughts with what they have. 7 year old me didn't like the throwback inspired uniforms at first when they came out in 1998, mainly the logo more than anything else with the dated looking "NY" in the background. But then over time I came to realize it's a classic looking set and I grew into it. But then Reebok botched up the shoulder stripes. Then Nike came around and not only failed to fix the shoulder stripes, but completely screw up the colors. One solution being thrown around is going back to kelly green so that it would match the Namath-era uniforms and so Nike can actually manage to make a uniform without 4 different shades of green appearing. The issue there though is that although kelly green works very well in most applications, it was too bright and garish and made the transition to the white stripes too abrupt.

My fix? Take the previous set, modernize the logo or bring back the jet plane logo and make it white, and go with that. Of course that probably means Nike throws in some needless custom number that derail an otherwise solid jersey like they did with the Browns, but it's gotta be better than 4 shades of green, right?

I was with you until the "otherwise solid" Browns comment.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

/stands up

I was with you until the "otherwise solid" Browns comment.

I did say just the jersey, as the pants are an absolute disaster. That being said, I'm probably gonna fall into your camp seeing them in action by Week 3 or so :P (Also I'm still in the camp that the new set was changing for changing's sake and that they didn't need to do anything except make the orange a bit more vibrant)

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

FBAE8D0B-90B0-4630-A368-733AC4995D95_zps

I like the Washington Nats' current uniforms. I thought the original wordmark the Nats used at home was horrible. Many are critical that the current "W" resembles the Walgreens logo, but I see it as a nice tribute to the Washington Senators 2.0 of my childhood.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

FBAE8D0B-90B0-4630-A368-733AC4995D95_zps

I like the Washington Nats' current uniforms. I thought the original wordmark the Nats used at home was horrible. Many are critical that the current "W" resembles the Walgreens logo, but I see it as a nice tribute to the Washington Senators 2.0 of my childhood.

I don't mind the curly w at all, but the nationals have such a nice script it is a shame they don't even use it on an alt jersey.
  • Like 1

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

I don't know if this is unpopular or even should be posted in this thread but...I think there needs to be a good train identity somewhere in sport.

I know Purdue has one, but it seems to me they have switched more to the P logo instead of the train and there's the Syracuse Chiefs AAA team. But I just think a very good team identity and logos can be based around trains.

• Like 1

IEI5Tg1.png