Unpopular Opinions

I don't know how unpopular this is, but there are a number of CFL identities that I really like.

1297592666484_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&si

stamps-fred-121005-thumb-620xauto-233798

crop_18352472227.jpg

The bottom three haven't been worn for several years.

My unpopular opinion is that CFL identities really aren't that bad. Aside from Montréal, all teams have good logos and workable colour schemes (however poor their execution may be). You've got two terrific looks (TOR, HAM), two-and-a-half good looks (BC, WPG, and EDM's home), an okay look (MTL), two bad looks (SSK, OTT), and two downright horrendous looks (CGY, EDM's road). The NHL has a similar ratio.

See, that's why I said "I don't know how unpopular this is..." I was thinking there were a fair amount of people who like Hamilton and Toronto's uniforms.

I don't know how unpopular this is, but there are a number of CFL identities that I really like.

crop_18352472227.jpg

My unpopular opinion is that CFL identities really aren't that bad. Aside from Montréal, all teams have good logos and workable colour schemes (however poor their execution may be). You've got two terrific looks (TOR, HAM), two-and-a-half good looks (BC, WPG, and EDM's home), an okay look (MTL), two bad looks (SSK, OTT), and two downright horrendous looks (CGY, EDM's road). The NHL has a similar ratio.

See, that's why I said "I don't know how unpopular this is..." I was thinking there were a fair amount of people who like Hamilton and Toronto's uniforms.

Toronto would be perfect if they went with the signature series helmet full time, or added a light blue stripe to the current helmet.

hamilton is still fantastic though

• Like 1

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

crop_18352472227.jpg

There is a fair amount of people liking Toronto and Hamilton but these pictures don't even feature Toronto but Saskatchewan totally despised set, Winnipeg panels and piping mess, Edmonton regular homes which are somewhat decent, Hamilton good looking road set, Montreal butt ugly thirds, BC piping mess with their cheap looking alt helmet and Edmonton weird yellow alts. Liking anything but Hamilton in these pictures surely is unpopular af...

I don't know how unpopular this is, but there are a number of CFL identities that I really like.1297592666484_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&sistamps-fred-121005-thumb-620xauto-233798crop_18352472227.jpg

Toronto would be perfect if they went with the signature series helmet full time, or added a light blue stripe to the current helmet.

hamilton is still fantastic though

I don't know if these are hated or not, but I love the Toronto Signature Series uniforms. I like how they have a logo on the front. I just wish that they'd ditched the front shoulder numbers.

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

I defin

OldSchoolVikings might call for my crucifixion because of this opinion, but I think that my favorite look for the Vikings is the white facemask period:

I still like the purple, grey, and black masks, but the white ones take the cake for me. Maybe it's the balance of colors that makes it work more than it does for other teams (especially when the Vikings only wore white pants). I don't share these feelings for any other white facemask.

Foe the current uniforms I'd go with:

White (White is as important as gold for this set and the contrast would look good)

Purple (For obvious reasons)

Grey (This set feels classic and grey fits this definition)

Black (It sticks out like a sore thumb)

I definitely don't prefer black as it's totally unnecessary. But I don't think it sticks out that much; not nearly as much as gray. However, the sorest thumb here is white. Purple to me is the way to go for the Vikings' face masks.

Give me the 90s (Cris Carter era?) any day.

The Favre helmets were the best Vikings helmets IMO.. The metallic purple, matching facemask, new logo, all worked so perfectly for me.. Better than the random black mask that matches nothing else

• Like 1

I defin

OldSchoolVikings might call for my crucifixion because of this opinion, but I think that my favorite look for the Vikings is the white facemask period:

I still like the purple, grey, and black masks, but the white ones take the cake for me. Maybe it's the balance of colors that makes it work more than it does for other teams (especially when the Vikings only wore white pants). I don't share these feelings for any other white facemask.

Foe the current uniforms I'd go with:

White (White is as important as gold for this set and the contrast would look good)

Purple (For obvious reasons)

Grey (This set feels classic and grey fits this definition)

Black (It sticks out like a sore thumb)

I definitely don't prefer black as it's totally unnecessary. But I don't think it sticks out that much; not nearly as much as gray. However, the sorest thumb here is white. Purple to me is the way to go for the Vikings' face masks.

Give me the 90s (Cris Carter era?) any day.

The Favre helmets were the best Vikings helmets IMO.. The metallic purple, matching facemask, new logo, all worked so perfectly for me.. Better than the random black mask that matches nothing else

Exactly. The finish would have looked awesome with the new uniforms.

Maryland football has great (not good, great) uniforms. The current set has the potential to be worthy of staying untouched for the next 25+ years (okay, maybe an edit or 2, such as removing the dopey bars on the red pants).

BUT. They instead choose to muck up their look with their Spring Break 2009 at Ocean Cityesque airbrushed helmets. My god those things look cheesy. When they first unveiled them two years ago as a one game alternate, I was all on board. But to wear them every single game? They are unbearable. They deserve to be thrown in the same bottomless pit that the Jaguars' helmets should be thrown into.

(thumbs down):

wes-brown-ncaa-football-south-florida-ma

(thumbs up):

deon-long-stefon-diggs-maryland-tri.jpg?usa-today-8238227.0.jpgstefon-diggs-ncaa-football-maryland-sout

90758391980.gif

I think Maryland finally found the right flag design for thier jerseys. They're sort of 80's-90's Bengals-esque in idea, modern and dynamic elements translated to a more traditional type. It works very well. My only gripe is when they wear the full flag helmet, that's when it goes too far; the banner style flag helmet is all they need (and preferrably a black version as well). It gets the same point across without being so "in your face".

• Like 2

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

I have listened to WLUP on and off my whole life. I like a lot of classic rock, but disliked the few times when the Loop went to a classic rock format and stopped playing anything made after the '80s. I mean, the Beatles are great, but I don't want to hear them (or Buffalo Springfield) on the Loop. I really liked Rock 103.5, and the Loop became my default radio station for a while after they changed formats. I dislike a lot of what they played on Q101, at least the softer stuff which they wouldn't have played on 103.5. And plenty of cynical people dislike Van Halen and claim their music is devoid of substance.

Do you guys listen to 95.1 WIIL Rock as well? I love their tag line: "From the United Center to the Bradley Center, 95.1 WIIL Rock!!!" They play a decent mix of everything rock related on there!

packchampionslfroh.png