Unpopular Opinions

I like the Eagles black uniforms. Still want to see the green jersey paired with black pants.

Yeah, the Panthers are plenty modern. They're only "traditional" in the sense that they haven't significantly tweaked their look since it debuted. Which is fine. It's nice seeing newer teams get it right on the first go and stick with it.

I don't like their shoulders stripes (which vary based on the cut of the jersey) or the inconsistent striping thoughout the uniform in general.

But I LOVE their color scheme.

• Like 1

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I like the Marlins' current branding.

Me too...would I want it for any of the East Coast or Midwest teams? Of course not...but this is MIAMI we're talking about here.

Bright and flashy visuals is what Miami does best...

These are often my thoughts about expansion teams in general. I've seen some people decree teams like Arizona or Colorado (not here, necessarily) bemoaning their colors and wanting more "traditional" looks. I've always felt like asking why? Arizona and Colorado are not traditional teams, they were founded in the 90s. (I'm just using those two as examples, of course.) I don't know why teams that were founded recently should ever feel compelled to look like an older team. The Marlins could break out teal pinstripes and have a chest logo just like the Yankees; doesn't mean they'd suddenly have a gigantic payroll and fan base overnight.

I just wanted to point out how I've always felt the Marlins and Rockies actually stayed very traditional in their inaugural jersey designs except for the adding of one non-traditional color (teal and purple). Beyond that, both teams were very simple and traditional with the elements in their jerseys.

Then came 1998 and the Devil Rays and Diamondbacks went all out expansion-style unique with several "unique" elements all jumbled together making an arguable mess. It was those two teams that brought out combinations of gradients, drop shadows, large and slanted wordmarks, multiple caps, and multiple non-traditional colors. While some have a liking for those two looks I think its fair to say most would agree that the 1993 expansion teams succeeded better with their initial designs than the 1998 expansion teams.

Just an observation that I thought fit in with this discussion.

Me too...would I want it for any of the East Coast or Midwest teams? Of course not...but this is MIAMI we're talking about here.

These are often my thoughts about expansion teams in general. I've seen some people decree teams like Arizona or Colorado (not here, necessarily) bemoaning their colors and wanting more "traditional" looks. I've always felt like asking why? Arizona and Colorado are not traditional teams, they were founded in the 90s. (I'm just using those two as examples, of course.) I don't know why teams that were founded recently should ever feel compelled to look like an older team. The Marlins could break out teal pinstripes and have a chest logo just like the Yankees; doesn't mean they'd suddenly have a gigantic payroll and fan base overnight.

I just wanted to point out how I've always felt the Marlins and Rockies actually stayed very traditional in their inaugural jersey designs except for the adding of one non-traditional color (teal and purple). Beyond that, both teams were very simple and traditional with the elements in their jerseys.

Then came 1998 and the Devil Rays and Diamondbacks went all out expansion-style unique with several "unique" elements all jumbled together making an arguable mess. It was those two teams that brought out combinations of gradients, drop shadows, large and slanted wordmarks, multiple caps, and multiple non-traditional colors. While some have a liking for those two looks I think its fair to say most would agree that the 1993 expansion teams succeeded better with their initial designs than the 1998 expansion teams.

I agree in that respect, I think it's easy to go overboard with certain design trends that now look dated. I was referring more specifically to the choice of colors. On another board, someone wanted the D-backs to go to only red and white, dropping all black, sand, or whatever colors they use entirely. Why? "Because that's what most teams do," which isn't even accurate in the first place.

I agree in that respect, I think it's easy to go overboard with certain design trends that now look dated. I was referring more specifically to the choice of colors. On another board, someone wanted the D-backs to go to only red and white, dropping all black, sand, or whatever colors they use entirely. Why? "Because that's what most teams do," which isn't even accurate in the first place.

Oh yeah, I was agreeing with you actually. Your point just led to my observation, that's all.

I like the Eagles black uniforms. Still want to see the green jersey paired with black pants.

Yeah, the Panthers are plenty modern. They're only "traditional" in the sense that they haven't significantly tweaked their look since it debuted. Which is fine. It's nice seeing newer teams get it right on the first go and stick with it.

I don't like their shoulders stripes (which vary based on the cut of the jersey) or the inconsistent striping thoughout the uniform in general.

But I LOVE their color scheme.

I agree. It's not as bad as some people make it seem.

Edited by 1insaneguy