Unpopular Opinions

i hate the use of alternate jerseys in sports.... except for baseball. with 162 games you need to switch it up occasionally

I get where you're coming from, but I disagree where hockey and basketball are concerned, 82 is plenty. Especially since it has been used as a pilot program for new primary designs.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

So if someone dislikes how a jersey looks, it's because they're not a "true fan" of a sport?

There's my unpopular opinion... I think it's possible to enjoy a sport where you like unpopular jerseys and logos.

I prefer that hockey uniforms aren't designed to promote NBA teams.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

So if someone dislikes how a jersey looks, it's because they're not a "true fan" of a sport?

There's my unpopular opinion... I think it's possible to enjoy a sport where you like unpopular jerseys and logos.

Or the provincial & federal governments.

Or the provincial & federal governments.

or the bourgeoisie

Their red uniforms are just awful.

They were decent as alternates, but the whole faux-piping and lack of a tail stripe made it worse.

And I still don't know why the Wild ditched their green jersey in 07'. Does anybody know the story or reason why?

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

I never said I liked the IDEA of the jersey, I just said I thought the jersey itself was decent.

spacer.png

Is it an unpopular opinion to think the Phillies looked best during the 70s-80s in their maroon and white jerseys? I especially liked the "P" logo, and maroon isn't a color seen anywhere else in the MLB right now.

I won't lie, I've always been nostalgic for those jerseys.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1O5DH8I2IyI

• Like 1

spacer.png

Is it an unpopular opinion to think the Phillies looked best during the 70s-80s in their maroon and white jerseys? I especially liked the "P" logo, and maroon isn't a color seen anywhere else in the MLB right now.

Nah, maroon and white looked grat for the Phils. They should have used the new park as a reason to go from bright red back to maroon.

Colored pants look good in baseball. For alternates.

I'd like to see Pittsburgh wear yellow pants with black jerseys but other than that I don't think I want to see pants in anything but white or grey.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I agree as well. The powder blue road uniforms though? I don't know...

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

I agree as well. The powder blue road uniforms though? I don't know...

Yeah, I'm not big on powder blue roads, especially for teams that aren't really "blue" like the Phillies. But the more I look at their current identity, the more I feel it's just rather bland. The "P yin-yang" or "P-ball" logo, whatever you want to call it, still looks pretty good today and was a cool identity to brand around. And the red they have on their current jerseys just seems like a generic red that many other teams use. But no one before or since has used maroon, and the Phillies could have owned it the way the A's own green. At this point, doubt it will ever make a comeback, but it would sure be nice. Although I guess they felt those jerseys looked a bit too much like the Reds.

In no particular order, the top 5 best looking college football teams are Cal, Colorado, Maryland, Minnesota and Utah.

I know that I'm biased being from Maryland, but I really like their uniforms.

On kind of a related topic, I think West Virginia's current uniforms are fine.