Unpopular Opinions

I have no problem with Iowa copying the Steleers. They got permission and have never really had any other look they could call their own. The next closest thing is when they used Northwestern stripes but there's the obvious problem with that. Iowa has no need to change. Except for maybe black pants and a yellow uniform.

I vastly prefer Wyoming with the shade of gold they wore in the early 2000's:

120944432-wyoming-quarterback-casey-bram

I just love the way brown pairs with that gold a whole lot better than I do with yellow gold. Looks much "dustier" too, which I always thought was perfect for the Cowboy theme.

This is just one of those looks in college football that I've missed for years.

• Like 1

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

I think the original Mets cap logo

6526_new_york_mets-cap-1962.png

is much better than the current cap logo

hx1e7lwmayecgb6h4gg5t4rz6.png

Something has always bothered me about the current cap logo, and looking at the old one, I think it's that it's too narrow. The old logo seemed to be slightly wider and better proportioned. The newer logo just feels squished and more cluttered. I almost feel like they should have been reversed, because the older one just looks better to my eyes.

• Like 2

While I love the standard Royals cap, I did find myself liking the powder blue and grey versions:

kansas-city-new-era-authentic.jpg

royals-grey-cap.jpg

While I'm glad that the powder blue hat is no longer worn with the powder tops, I still think it was worth breaking out at least once or twice a season. I'd argue the same thing with the grey cap (and white/grey caps in general, as I'm a total sucker for them).

• Like 1

To WavePunter. The triple striped helmet just doesn't work well with the single stripe on the pants. The black pants, however, are another story. SMH! To add to this, you have 6 of the same logos on one uniform. To me, that's logo overkill. The same problem that plagues the Panthers.

Edited by TreFiftiSS

Call me crazy, but the Clippers' new logos have actually started to grow on me. I still wish we went with a nautical/ship-themed logo and the old San Diego color scheme, but I think the logos we have translate better to the TV broadcasts (especially with all the different 3D effects ESPN and TNT use) than the old Lakers ripoff ever did.

I've also decided that I like the new red jerseys. I loved the old baseball-style scripts because, in addition to looking good, they stood out from the rest of the league. Likewise, the chest logo on the new red jerseys is also distinctive from the rest of the league and, on some strange level, just works.

Maybe it's Stockholm Syndrome setting in as a fan of the team, but I'm not as vehemently opposed to the new look now as I was when it was unveiled.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

To WavePunter. The triple striped helmet just doesn't work well with the single stripe on the pants. The black pants, however, are another story. SMH! To add to this, you have 6 of the same logos on one uniform. To me, that's logo overkill. The same problem that plagues the Panthers.

Oh ok.. I just didn't see any of those elements as "modern" elements that clashed with a traditional helmet.. I just view that as poor aesthetics and inconsistencies

Call me crazy, but the Clippers' new logos have actually started to grow on me. I still wish we went with a nautical/ship-themed logo and the old San Diego color scheme, but I think the logos we have translate better to the TV broadcasts (especially with all the different 3D effects ESPN and TNT use) than the old Lakers ripoff ever did.

I've also decided that I like the new red jerseys. I loved the old baseball-style scripts because, in addition to looking good, they stood out from the rest of the league. Likewise, the chest logo on the new red jerseys is also distinctive from the rest of the league and, on some strange level, just works.

Maybe it's Stockholm Syndrome setting in as a fan of the team, but I'm not as vehemently opposed to the new look now as I was when it was unveiled.

I really like the secondary logo (just the CLA by itself), but I just can't get past the black.

At least in this uniform, Broncos look a lot better in blue than in orange.

mBvYtyD.jpg

RsXTEeh.jpg

Totally agreed. I was very pleasantly surprised to see Denver rolling out in these. My first thought was, "I really missed this look". It's an opinion that's a product of being a 90's kid I'm sure, but that's the look I think of when I think of the Broncos, well before the orange set.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

At least in this uniform, Broncos look a lot better in blue than in orange.

mBvYtyD.jpg

RsXTEeh.jpg

While we're talking about the Broncos, I'll go ahead and say that while I prefer them being an orange-first team, they've never really looked right in pants not colored white--that goes back to the 1970s orange pants, too. That said, I wouldn't mind them going back to these--the least they should do is ditch the blue pants.*

*Burning their current blue pants probably isn't that unpopular an opinion, but there aren't many teams that looked best in just 1 main pant color through multiple sets.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396