Unpopular Opinions

I like Panthers, Titans and Cowboys color rush uniforms. (just wish the socks contrasted a little and/or at least had the white bottoms.)

The Cowboys are too white... They need either blue socks, which breaks the rules of monochrome, or at least a blue stripe on them.

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

The Cowboys' "color rush" uniforms are terrible and no, they're not the best color rush uniforms revealed (none of them have been great obviously, but that's for a different discussion). The only good thing I can take away from them is that they're better than their mismatched white uniforms. Oh, and they're wearing their actual colors.

I think the pocket of time around 1998-2002 was probably the best the NFL as a whole ever looked. Even as a traditionalist myself. Sure there were some stragglers like the Bills' mess, but all across the board? It looked really, really good, with quite a few teams even looking at their best. It was after some teams made some good updates that modernized while keeping tradition intact (like the Dolphins and 49ers, which may be unpopular opinions in and of themselves), and before we lost the likes of Arizona, Cincinnati, Atlanta, and Minnesota to the reebok monster. And the Jaguars still looked like they always should have!

Some quibbles aside (because there's some in every era), that was just a good looking time in the NFL to me personally, and my favorite just ahead of probably the late 60's.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

If the Diamondbacks weren't being trailblazers and paving the way for other ugly designs I personally like their new look. They really pull off the diamond patterns and colored shoulders. My fear is that other teams will try to copy this unique look and baseball would turn into the NBA

NBA/College football. Get ready for the nonsense...

maryland-football-jerseys.pngIntro111.jpg

Love both of these, the Maryland one may be my favorite College Alternate of all time.

Never, ever dress like a flag.

Maryland gets a pass, considering how much the state as a whole uses it in sports. Not to mention a fantastic flag.

I like the idea behind Maryland's flag uniforms, but the asymmetry kills it. Put the yellow/black shoulders on the same side as the red/white half of the helmet and vice versa and it looks about 10x better. Put red/white and yellow/black--together on the helmet and shoulders--on both sides, and it looks about 100x better.

As for the Eagles throwbacks? They're not bad for a one-off uniform each season.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

maryland-football-jerseys.pngIntro111.jpg

Love both of these, the Maryland one may be my favorite College Alternate of all time.

Never, ever dress like a flag.

Maryland gets a pass, considering how much the state as a whole uses it in sports. Not to mention a fantastic flag.

I like the idea behind Maryland's flag uniforms, but the asymmetry kills it. Put the yellow/black shoulders on the same side as the red/white half of the helmet and vice versa and it looks about 10x better. Put red/white and yellow/black--together on the helmet and shoulders--on both sides, and it looks about 100x better.

As for the Eagles throwbacks? They're not bad for a one-off uniform each season.

I 100% agree with this. It also has the benefit, you know, is more closely looking like the flag it is aiming to resemble.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske