Unpopular Opinions

I don't know if people still hate these, but these are by far the best uniforms the Cavaliers have ever had.

01_lebron_james.jpg

iYJUzwr.jpg

lbjnay.jpg

cle.jpg?w=680

Soooooo generic. Give me something to illustrate what "Cavs" means. They look like a 1980s high school team's uniforms.

I didn't think the Kings' mid-2000s gold alts were as awful as everybody else thought (full disclosure: I like shiny things):

qlkpiam31nbtg7cb6ueq.jpg

They would've been a lot better in my eyes had they not gone for the asymmetric look.

I think the asymmetry gives it a '70s flair which goes well with the eye-poppingly bright gold.

The bug was terrible, but I like this logo better than any mark the team uses now...

gXBVx44.jpg

I'd agree with you under the caveat that the neon green/yellow be replaced with something else. I always liked this logo, but never felt that the neon "fit" the rest of the color scheme. Always seemed a bit forced.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

I actually like the flames identity better with the black.

I agree. It's just that their current home and away sweaters, (If you can call them that ;) ) are awful.

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

I didn't think the Kings' mid-2000s gold alts were as awful as everybody else thought (full disclosure: I like shiny things):

qlkpiam31nbtg7cb6ueq.jpg

I kinda dig those.

• Like 1

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

I don't like when logos are repeated on football uniforms. As in the same logo is on the helmet, jersey sleeves, and sometimes pants. Examples include Panthers, Eagles, Clemson, etc

The Eagles have wings on their helmets...I dont think the eagle head is anywhere else on their uniforms.

Right. They've never gone double logo
Yeah I don't know where Eagles came from. Must've had them on my mind when typing this. Nonetheless, I don't like the Eagles logo on the shoulders anyway.

I agree. It's just that their current home and away sweaters, (If you can call them that ;) ) are awful.

These were perfect...

Flames18.png

I hate the addition of black, mostly because it just adds another red and black to hockey. But yeah, these are still pretty solid in a vacuum.

These were perfect...

Flames18.png

Dropping the black flaming snot jerseys was definitely addition by subtraction.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Georgia Southern should modernize. there wasn't really any tradition behind the choice to use an Alabamesque design (It was nothing more then monetary) and I think they have a great logo that could be used on their helmets (Both Eagle head logos)

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

player_was___taylor_by_verasthebrujah-d9

I don't know if people still hate these, but these are by far the best uniforms the Cavaliers have ever had.

01_lebron_james.jpg

iYJUzwr.jpg

lbjnay.jpg

cle.jpg?w=680

I wasn't a fan of these when they came out initially, and I'm still not a fan of all of the crazy alts that they have (including the navy alt), but I've warmed up to them now and they've become one of my favorite looks in the entire NBA. Granted, the rest of the NBA is in a horrid state when it comes to uniforms, but this one is a shining light of doing something right when it comes to the uniforms.

• Like 1

01_lebron_james.jpg

iYJUzwr.jpg

lbjnay.jpg

cle.jpg?w=680

I wasn't a fan of these when they came out initially, and I'm still not a fan of all of the crazy alts that they have (including the navy alt), but I've warmed up to them now and they've become one of my favorite looks in the entire NBA. Granted, the rest of the NBA is in a horrid state when it comes to uniforms, but this one is a shining light of doing something right when it comes to the uniforms.

I think this is a deal where winning changes everything. They switched to their current set right after LeBron left, and it kind of felt like the post-James Cavs both acted and looked like a JV team.

Simple can mean basic, but it can also mean classic, which I think this set has evolved to in large part because of the successes of last and this season.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I think this is a deal where winning changes everything. They switched to their current set right after LeBron left, and it kind of felt like the post-James Cavs both acted and looked like a JV team.

Simple can mean basic, but it can also mean classic, which I think this set has evolved to in large part because of the successes of last and this season.

I rare the primaries #1 from day 1. But you may be correct that winning could make these much more well-liked. I hope so.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I agree about those Cavs uniforms; im in the minority when I say I love my NBA unis to be a bit "plain"...or clean in this instance. The blue alternate's lettering needs to be fixed IMHO though.

Speaking of thing out of Cleveland, I'm okay with the Rams using the St. Louis colors for a few years until their new stadium is built. I waited 21 years for the return of the team; I can wait three years for a new logo and uniform set.

5679_los_angeles_rams-alternate-2016.png

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

I agree about those Cavs uniforms; im in the minority when I say I love my NBA unis to be a bit "plain"...or clean in this instance. The blue alternate's lettering needs to be fixed IMHO though.

Speaking of thing out of Cleveland, I'm okay with the Rams using the St. Louis colors for a few years until their new stadium is built. I waited 21 years for the return of the team; I can wait three years for a new logo and uniform set.

5679_los_angeles_rams-alternate-2016.png

I know a rebrand is inevitable, but I think the ram head logo is great and should stick around. Just recolor it.

Yeah I really like the that Rams head logo and think the team should just recolor it in the royal blue and yellow. It's got such a nice visual simplicity to it while also finding a way to incorporate their famous horn.

Update the wordmark if you must, but they don't need to draw a whole new logo.

• Like 1

PvO6ZWJ.png

I really think the Raiders logo could stand to be cleaned up and modernized a bit. Much like the Vikings old primary, the Raiders logo has lots of intricate little lines and details that just don't look good at various sizes. The Vikings did a great job of modernizing their old primary, keeping the same general look but tightening up the lines, leaving out some unnecessary detail... I think the Raiders could do the same.

• Like 3