Unpopular Opinions

On 7/2/2016 at 7:20 PM, Chromatic said:

The Carolina Panthers would look much, much better if they dropped silver. Black, Carolina blue and white already mix perfectly well together, with the right amount compliment and contrast. Adding silver just muddies up whats otherwise a great look.

I spent 30 seconds in paint to show what I mean.

pantherswhite.thumb.png.2bf5c10dae8ad659

These are looking awesome! I don't really think this is unpopular.

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 7:20 PM, Chromatic said:

The Carolina Panthers would look much, much better if they dropped silver. Black, Carolina blue and white already mix perfectly well together, with the right amount compliment and contrast. Adding silver just muddies up whats otherwise a great look.

YES! I've said this for the longest time. The silver muddles down the look, IMO. I really don't see a need to have Carolina blue, black, AND silver all within the same color scheme. On their home uniforms, the Panthers are essentially using silver to act as a neutral color, except on the numbers. The white numbers on the current uniform really pop out, as a result, while the rest of the detailing kind of gets muddled together, grabbing little attention.

The above set, using the Carolina blue as the primary home jersey, would be perfect. (Well, I'd like to get rid of the tapered stripes too, but one thing at a time, I suppose.)

On 2/7/2016 at 6:20 PM, Chromatic said:

I was just thinking this same thing this morning! They have no business in silver helmets and pants with black jerseys and socks. Change to blue socks and I'm on board.

EDIT: Oh, and lose the tapered pants stripes, just let them match the jersey striping.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

4 hours ago, C-Squared said:

The white helmet feels so empty... I don't know if it feels too gimmicky, but I love how this black helmet (ideally with no stripe at all) showcases the simplicity of the tweaked logo:

https://the313connection.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/pantherhelment.jpg?w=350&h=467

Of course, Nike-fied "blackout" uniforms would surely follow

That works great too. I'm not insistent on a white helmet, I just wanted to show how bad the silver looks. 

The worst offender is the white uniform. The jersey, pants and socks are all white, black and with a tint of blue, yet the helmet is silver which looks entirely out of place.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jp1409 said:

If you exclude the black leggings combo then yes, they're good.

This. The black leggings are awful. Need a stripe and/or purple socks.

I'd rank the Ravens looks like this:

Black over white

White over white

Purple over white (normally I don't like when then helmet, jersey and pants are 3 different colors but the leggings look ruins the black pants)

Purple over gold (ditto above)

White over black/Purple over black/black over black all suck cause of the lack of stripe/contrasting socks.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, VikWings said:

This. The black leggings are awful. Need a stripe and/or purple socks.

I'd rank the Ravens looks like this:

Black over white

White over white

Purple over white (normally I don't like when then helmet, jersey and pants are 3 different colors but the leggings look ruins the black pants)

Purple over gold (ditto above)

White over black/Purple over black/black over black all suck cause of the lack of stripe/contrasting socks.

I agree with literally everything you said there. 

spacer.png