Unpopular Opinions

The Wild drive me nuts. Like the Jacksonville Jaguars they got it right the first time and every decision here after has been a tremendous downgrade. 

Just on a basic level a uniform's purpose is to identify the team to the people watching the game. If anything the roundel or the script should appear on the road sweaters. It makes 0 sense to use scripts spelling out your team location and nickname on your two home jerseys and then use the standalone logo on the road jerseys. That's backwards, at best. 

But the roundel and script aren't even necessary when you have a logo that good. It's a fantastic logo. One of my favorites in sports and it should be as big as taste allows. 

• Like 4

PvO6ZWJ.png

3 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

The Wild drive me nuts. Like the Jacksonville Jaguars they got it right the first time and every decision here after has been a tremendous downgrade. 

Just on a basic level a uniform's purpose is to identify the team to the people watching the game. If anything the roundel or the script should appear on the road sweaters. It makes 0 sense to use scripts spelling out your team location and nickname on your two home jerseys and then use the standalone logo on the road jerseys. That's backwards, at best. 

But the roundel and script aren't even necessary when you have a logo that good. It's a fantastic logo. One of my favorites in sports and it should be as big as taste allows. 

Not to be that guy, but the roundel is on the road sweater. It's the shoulder patch. 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

• 4 weeks later...

In full agreement that the Wild's inaugural look was their best.  That being said, a green version of the current road would make the set just as good.  They can keep the red as the alternate, maybe colour the yoke piping red.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Morgo said:

In full agreement that the Wild's inaugural look was their best.  That being said, a green version of the current road would make the set just as good.  They can keep the red as the alternate, maybe colour the yoke piping red.

I'm curious. Would you go with white or off-white/wheat? I also tend to think a green version of their roads would be the best option but it might need some red in the striping pattern to avoid too much white.

On 2/22/2016 at 8:24 AM, chcarlson23 said:

Not to be that guy, but the roundel is on the road sweater. It's the shoulder patch. 

And the roundel is a fine shoulder patch.  Maybe a bit unnecessary, but you could argue all shoulder patches are.  

The animal head logo is so nice.  It needs to be front and center on any jersey they wear. If they want the roundel on the shoulders so they can use it on hats and T-shirts, fine by me.  But they need more continuity; start with the logo, not marginalized by a circle, on the front.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I don't think the Clippers new logo and uniforms are nearly as bad as people make them out to be. They aren't good, but it's not like the previous set was any better.

TBH, I don't think the LA Clippers have ever had a good a logo or uniforms. The only good look in team history is a copy of the Kings.

bill20walton20clippers.jpg

9 hours ago, Ark said:

I don't think the Clippers new logo and uniforms are nearly as bad as people make them out to be. They aren't good, but it's not like the previous set was any better.

TBH, I don't think the LA Clippers have ever had a good a logo or uniforms. The only good look in team history is a copy of the Kings.

Well the previous set was the exact same uniform, just with different logos.   Yes I know I'm disagreeing with an unpopular opinion, but the new logos are pretty terrible.  You have that weird beveling that doesn't go all the way down on the S, you have the logo that was ripped off from EA Sports, and the LAC logo was designed in about 20 seconds.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

10 hours ago, Ark said:

I could not disagree more. The current stuff is awful enough that the previous is better by default.

But more importantly, I actually have the unpopular opinion that the previous set was good...above average uniforms in the NBA.  The logo was crap for 1) copying the Lakers and 2) being crap.  But the red/white/blue color balance both at home and on the red uniform was great.  The baseball-like wordmarks were decent.  Now they've destroyed a classic r/w/b color scheme by adding black.  The black wordmark on the white jersey is is kinda cheap looking (and the wordmark with those EA Sports underlines would be a big downgrade regardless.  The red jersey as nice color marks but the design is stupid.  The black jersey speaks for itself.   

For me, unless the focus is on the logo, the previous set was WAY better.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I do not like these uniforms at all:

paul-clippers-2012a-4_3.jpg

They have that awful modern side striping and toilet bowl collars as well. The uniforms that the Clippers have worn in LA range from boring to bad. And keep in mind that the team was horrible until recently, so it's not like their play made the uniforms memorable.

The Clippers new uniforms are essentially the same exact thing as the last set but with different wordmarks. Given that the last wordmarks weren't anything special, I don't think the new set is better or worse.

On March 23, 2016 at 8:51 PM, JosiahWVU said:

I love the Bucs over sized helmet logo.

buc-speed-authentic-8017655.png

The only positive about the current uniforms.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller