Unpopular Opinions

2 minutes ago, insert name said:

I've said this before but I still believe the Mets were the only team to make black work. 

ny_top50mets23_340.jpg

Also, I don't know if it's because people didn't like it or MLB teams just don't wanna wear them anymore but some teams need to bring back vest uniforms because they looked good. 

Ken_Griffey_Jr_2004.jpg

mall-spt-marlins-castillo-a.jpg

Especially the Pirates.

Pittsburgh+Pirates+v+Atlanta+Braves+J3IV

Pirates need to do it asap.

• Like 1

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

• 2 weeks later...
On April 21, 2016 at 8:50 AM, insert name said:

Also, I don't know if it's because people didn't like it or MLB teams just don't wanna wear them anymore but some teams need to bring back vest uniforms because they looked good. 

Ken_Griffey_Jr_2004.jpg

mall-spt-marlins-castillo-a.jpg

Especially the Pirates.

Pittsburgh+Pirates+v+Atlanta+Braves+J3IV

I'm definitely in the "more vests category". I feel like all three cited teams should still have them, with a big especially pointed at Pittsburgh. They achieved uniform perfection (at least home and road) with the vests.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Vests should always be cut like this:

1969-Throwbacks.jpg

While this may pose a problem for NOB's, NOB's can always be shrunken/placed straight to deal w/ spacing issues.

Also an upopular opinion: the A's are the only team who pulled off non-white/grey/powder blue pants successfully. Heck, I'd go as far as to say that the above picture is one of my favorite uniforms in baseball history.

13 hours ago, Cujo said:

Ugly as f.

Cincinnati+Reds+v+Pittsburgh+Pirates+ZGR

Love love love these.

Colorado+Rockies+v+Arizona+Diamondbacks+

I thought the Pirates throwback thing would be great once or twice a season as a fun thing. After seeing those in use, however, it's obvious how poorly designed that uniform is.

Also the picture you used for the Diamondbacks isn't that bad. It's the shoulder design that ruins the whole look.

On April 21, 2016 at 7:32 PM, mightyduck said:

This is still my favorite look the Penguins have ever had.

mario.jpg

Me too.  My friend was able to land an authentic version of that very uniform.  Never been more jealous, that sweater is a thing of beauty

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bmac said:

Also the picture you used for the Diamondbacks isn't that bad. It's the shoulder design that ruins the whole look.

Ok. Fine.

I. LIKE. THESE.

A lot.

download%20_OP_2_CP__1461283246373_18309

6uXNWAo.png

^^

I really like the dark gray.  But that's about it.  I hope they traditionalize them someday and leave the darker gray for the road jersey.

• Like 1

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

2 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

^^

I really like the dark gray.  But that's about it.  I hope they traditionalize them someday and leave the darker gray for the road jersey.

It's likely the beginning of a trend. I look for more teams in the future to go with alternate shades of road gray in future rebrands.

In fact, I'd like to see a team like the Brewers (who are rumored to change) do a cobalt-type-gray next season. 

6uXNWAo.png

Don't know if this is an unpopular opinion or not, but regarding the Dallas Stars identity the only mark I've never really cared for is the Texas state outline. I love the current look, but the only logo in the package I really hate is the updated state outline. It's unbalanced and awkward to look at.

1019692014.gif

Maybe placing the D-Star higher would improve the mark. As it is it's a very bottom-heavy design. My eyes are drawn to the D-Star, and being the central focal point it should be more towards the middle rather than the bottom. They could have left the D-Star out or just had a smaller star on its own like the original version.

7se8vupnwfs8hg109drix3ebw.gif

• Like 1

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

21 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I'm definitely in the "more vests category". I feel like all three cited teams should still have them, with a big especially pointed at Pittsburgh. They achieved uniform perfection (at least home and road) with the vests.

No denying Griffey looked awesome in the vest. Everyone else not so much. 

• Like 1

Falcons. UGA. Hawks. Braves. Tottenham Hotspur. Atlanta United

I feel like I really shouldn't, but I really liked and still like everything about the 90's purple and green Bucks. Like, I don't know if it's just being a 90's kid and the natural nostalgia attacks that come with it or if it's a genuine design tastes thing, but for some reason I look at this:

hi-res-1702136_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=42

And my brain is like, "yep, looks good!" Although admittedly I think for long-term purposes I'd have switched the purple and green around to make the jersey green primarily, like their alternate was. 

• Like 6

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

19 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

Simply removing the half-assed fade effect would do these wonders.

remove the fading/sublimination and finish the ridiculous unfinished piping and then you something to work with. Problem is, those two elements are so huge and intrusive that it's hard to see the good qualities after them.

• Like 1