Unpopular Opinions

Some unpopular opinions:

*Pewter is an abomination

*The Florida Panthers' logo change is an awful, awful idea, especially since the unveiled logo is 10 million times worse than the current

*Carolina Panthers in electric blue is way outdated

*Orange numbers for the Browns look much better than white numbers do

*Lions should keep black in color scheme

*Chiefs should add black to color scheme

*I hate the Texans' identity so much that I basically refuse to acknowledge their existence

*Colts need to fix their striping inconsistency

*Pat Patriot was an awful logo, and the Patriots' look right now is almost perfect

*Seattle would've looked much better with their original look/colors if their home jersey was green, not blue

*Rams look good right now

*Lightning look fantastic right now

*Capitals' logo is awful

*Maple Leafs' simple leaf logo (67?-2016) is the best logo they've had

*Sabres in the 90s were fantastic-looking

1 hour ago, generalshepherd141 said:

Some unpopular opinions:

*Pewter is an abomination

*The Florida Panthers' logo change is an awful, awful idea, especially since the unveiled logo is 10 million times worse than the current

*Carolina Panthers in electric blue is way outdated

*Orange numbers for the Browns look much better than white numbers do

*Lions should keep black in color scheme

*Chiefs should add black to color scheme

*I hate the Texans' identity so much that I basically refuse to acknowledge their existence

*Colts need to fix their striping inconsistency

*Pat Patriot was an awful logo, and the Patriots' look right now is almost perfect

*Seattle would've looked much better with their original look/colors if their home jersey was green, not blue

*Rams look good right now

*Lightning look fantastic right now

*Capitals' logo is awful

*Maple Leafs' simple leaf logo (67?-2016) is the best logo they've had

*Sabres in the 90s were fantastic-looking

You've got quite a few there, haven't you? I actually had someone mock me up a green version of the Seahawks' original look, and while it wasn't bad, it wasn't great either. I can see why they made their jersey blue instead of green.

Not really sure how I feel about the Florida Panthers' new logo.

2 hours ago, Morgo said:

Thought pewter was a dull, metallic silver.

Basically silver paint that brown and gold mistakenly fell into, and now since Nike won't produce shimmer fabrics the pewter color the made for the Bucs jerseys now just looks brownish grey.

• Like 1

Unpopular opinions, NFL version:

1. I LOVE the New York Giants' red-heavy road jersey.

2. I think the Bears' throwback (plain navy helmets, navy jerseys with orange numbers, white pants) is one of the best looks in the league, and better than their regular look.

3. I like the Texans' look a little more each year. I used to be quite fond of their red-over-red alternate; now I prefer red-over-white, but they usually look good regardless.

4. I've never much cared for the Bills' old "standing buffalo" logo or its associated uniform set. I think the current "running buffalo" is far superior and don't like when they wear throwbacks.

5. I think the Seahawks have looked pretty good in all three phases of their visual identity.

6. I like the Buccaneers' chrome facemasks and oversized helmet logos.

7. I enjoy the Cowboys' unique silver-green color and, if they were to standardize their colors across the set, I'd prefer they keep it over the regular silver.

8. I like the Panthers in all-black, all-blue, and all-white. Really there's not a whole lot they can do to mess up their look.

9. It bugs me that the Jets and Packers wear the same shade of green, and also that it barely even qualifies as green, it's so brownish and muddy.

10. It bugs me that the Eagles, for so long a green-dominant team, now wear a color that's more blue than green in terms of RGB values.

42 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Unpopular opinions, NFL version:

1. I LOVE the New York Giants' red-heavy road jersey.

2. I think the Bears' throwback (plain navy helmets, navy jerseys with orange numbers, white pants) is one of the best looks in the league, and better than their regular look.

3. I like the Texans' look a little more each year. I used to be quite fond of their red-over-red alternate; now I prefer red-over-white, but they usually look good regardless.

4. I've never much cared for the Bills' old "standing buffalo" logo or its associated uniform set. I think the current "running buffalo" is far superior and don't like when they wear throwbacks.

5. I think the Seahawks have looked pretty good in all three phases of their visual identity.

6. I like the Buccaneers' chrome facemasks and oversized helmet logos.

7. I enjoy the Cowboys' unique silver-green color and, if they were to standardize their colors across the set, I'd prefer they keep it over the regular silver.

8. I like the Panthers in all-black, all-blue, and all-white. Really there's not a whole lot they can do to mess up their look.

9. It bugs me that the Jets and Packers wear the same shade of green, and also that it barely even qualifies as green, it's so brownish and muddy.

10. It bugs me that the Eagles, for so long a green-dominant team, now wear a color that's more blue than green in terms of RGB values.

Um yea it's totally brown...

image.png

image.jpeg

image.png

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dont care said:

Um yea it's totally brown...

image.png

image.jpeg

image.png

Nike's version, or versions, of that shade of green the Jets use is horrible. The Packers still use Ripon as their manufacturer so the green is still a nice green

• Like 1

On 5/27/2016 at 10:53 AM, Lights Out said:

Still one of my favorite NHL uniforms ever:

deu7b1Q.jpg

Admittedly, the sock striping is terrible. But the sweater got way too much hate at the time. The striping looked nice, and the shoulder logo doubling as a football-style shoulder stripe was a brilliant idea.

The word brilliant being used veryyyyy lightly there.

I imagine one of the guys who made this uniform reading this from the visiting room at the psych ward, one of their few remaining loved ones has shoved a laptop under their nose to show them Lights Out's friendly comment about something they designed many years back -- and in his head he can't help but think: did I really put that logo on the shoulders to emulate football style uniform stripes?  I can't remember?  I think I just added the logo on the shoulders cause that's what every hockey uniform had at the time...  but then he puffs out his chest and says "yep! That's what we were going for all along! Football uniform!"  And as he's getting carted away back to his room, the loved one who visited him begins to think that maybe he should have designed a hockey uniform that looked like a hockey uniform, not a football uniform -- further reaffirming the family choice to send him to the ward in the first place.

• Like 2

90758391980.gif

5 hours ago, dbofox said:

Nike's version, or versions, of that shade of green the Jets use is horrible. The Packers still use Ripon as their manufacturer so the green is still a nice green

Okay, I did not know that. Thanks. If you look on the official NFL style guides, though, they give the same color coordinates for the Jets' green and the Packers' green, and it's an ugly, muddy shade of brownish-green. Good to see the Packers still have common sense when it comes to uniforms.

3 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

The word brilliant being used veryyyyy lightly there.

I imagine one of the guys who made this uniform reading this from the visiting room at the psych ward, one of their few remaining loved ones has shoved a laptop under their nose to show them Lights Out's friendly comment about something they designed many years back -- and in his head he can't help but think: did I really put that logo on the shoulders to emulate football style uniform stripes?  I can't remember?  I think I just added the logo on the shoulders cause that's what every hockey uniform had at the time...  but then he puffs out his chest and says "yep! That's what we were going for all along! Football uniform!"  And as he's getting carted away back to his room, the loved one who visited him begins to think that maybe he should have designed a hockey uniform that looked like a hockey uniform, not a football uniform -- further reaffirming the family choice to send him to the ward in the first place.

Actually i recently heard he was released from the nuthouse,  he is now the head of the philly 76ers  player scouting department / marketing department

On 5/26/2016 at 10:54 AM, SFGiants58 said:

While I do like the Tuscan font "New York" on the Mets' road uniforms, I think the best option for their road script is a cleaned-up version of their 1993-94 road script. This "clean-up" involves removing the tail, white outline, and tilting it to better match the home script:

0UpVBME.png

This is the best option, if they were to try and match their home and road scripts.

While I like the version with the white outline for some reason, yours looks very nice too.  I just like that script.

• Like 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.