Unpopular Opinions

The Buffaslug would have looked better if it was paired with a better uniform. It would have still gone down as one of the worst logos in NHL history, but it would have been slightly improved.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

2 hours ago, CRichardson said:

The Buffaslug would have looked better if it was paired with a better uniform. It would have still gone down as one of the worst logos in NHL history, but it would have been slightly improved.

Polish a turd...

• Like 5

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

I never liked these jerseys nor understood why people love them:

551363_display_image.jpg?1307750113

1. The colours are very drab and the green bleeds into the black.

2. The logo doesn't even line up with the star pattern the jersey is using

3. The CCM cut was always baggy. These though make the cut look even baggier do the bottom and the pants blending into one another. 

4. The template isn't even original.... it was used for All-Star jerseys 1st. Copying a ASG template? Why? 

5. The number on the back actually bleeds into the striping. That's a huge no-no, IMO. It even happened with single digits. 

Need I go on? This whole jersey was a failure. Even the shoulder patch looks out of place with it having no gold in it unlike everything else with white also having a little gold. I was more than happy to see these go. 

• Like 10

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

6 hours ago, CRichardson said:

Nah, the uniforms were honestly better than the uniforms they use now.

45 minutes ago, KittSmith_95 said:

3. The CCM cut was always baggy. These though make the cut look even baggier do the bottom and the pants blending into one another. 

4. The template isn't even original.... it was used for All-Star jerseys 1st. Copying a ASG template? Why? 

5. The number on the back actually bleeds into the striping. That's a huge no-no, IMO. It even happened with single digits. 

Need I go on? This whole jersey was a failure. Even the shoulder patch looks out of place with it having no gold in it unlike everything else with white also having a little gold. I was more than happy to see these go. 

I do like the attempts to salvage this template (like this one by bkknight95):

eqDKlGZ.pngbdlJ7bu.png

Note that the Victory Green that doesn't bleed into black and how the numbers are raised out of the way of the striping. There's still the issue with the logo, but I'm not sure that could really be rectified. Still, it's a nice refinement of the '99 Cup set.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

First of all, the template isn't exactly like the All-Star jerseys so give them credit for fixing the backs.  While the colours were certainly on the drab side, the way they were executed was worlds better than on the previous set.  As for the logo not lining up, we are talking about design elements that are completely separate.  The star on the logo has always been italicised and there's no way you could give the striping the same treatment.  The shoulder patches do contain gold as well.

Are their current jerseys better?  Absolutely.  Is this set a complete failure?  Not really.  At the time they looked pretty good and have a Stanley Cup Championship associated with them.  I'd give them a solid 7/10.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

Hmm, I don't know, maybe because they're called the Stars?

• Like 1

On 2016-10-07 at 2:16 PM, KittSmith_95 said:

Yeah I used to love these jerseys but they really don't work. The Stars look better now than they ever have (excluding the North Stars).

• Like 1

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

47 minutes ago, ~Bear said:

image.png

image.png

These are literally the worst Diamondbacks logos ever created. Is it just me, or does this look like a crocodile with a snake tounge?

As someone who has been bitten by a rattlesnake, it looks pretty close to the real thing, to me.

• Like 3

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Just now, BeerGuyJordan said:

As someone who has been bitten by a rattlesnake, it looks pretty close to the real thing, to me.

Ok. I'll take your word for it. 

I still think the other logos the Diamondbacks have produced are better than this, though. The now-retired "db" logo I find more creative than a snake biting a baseball. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ~Bear said:

Ok. I'll take your word for it. 

I still think the other logos the Diamondbacks have produced are better than this, though. The now-retired "db" logo I find more creative than a snake biting a baseball. 

I think that was a very underrated logo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ~Bear said:

These are literally the worst Diamondbacks logos ever created. Is it just me, or does this look like a crocodile with a snake tounge?

Not a MLB fan, I honestly thought they were a minor league team logo, before i read the word Diamondbacks.

Not sure if this is an unpopular opinion or not, but the Diamondback's brick, teal, and black combo looks atrocious.  That being said, I would respect it more if they had the gumption to adopt it full time and at least provide a minimal link to the World Series winning look.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Ben in LA said:

Not really logo-related...but I wish they had  World Series day games still...at least on the weekend.

There's something awesome about playoff day games, especially in the fall when the weather is usually great.

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.