Unpopular Opinions

Two for me:
-I liked the addition of the front numbers on the upper right side of NHL jerseys; but now with the numbers on the helmets, they just seem superfluous.

-I wouldn't mind seeing a few baseball teams adopt the pullover-style jerseys; I mean, I am not as adamant about this, but baseball, despite its very tradition-bound ways, should be progressive in some ways. This is one of those areas where I'd like to see it happen.

UBwef0L.png

The Atlanta Braves' uniforms are a completely muddled mess, thanks to the awful front piping. The wordmark is hard to read against the oversized piping, and there are way too many uniform elements on the front competing for attention.

The simple elimination of the front piping would improve the uniform immeasurably. Excuse the 5-second mockup in MS Paint, but I think the "clean" version on the right would be so superior. I'd also replace the sleeve and pants piping with simple, thin navy piping, personally.

braves_comparison1.png

• Like 2

16 hours ago, kroywen said:

The Atlanta Braves' uniforms are a completely muddled mess, thanks to the awful front piping. The wordmark is hard to read against the oversized piping, and there are way too many uniform elements on the front competing for attention.

The simple elimination of the front piping would improve the uniform immeasurably. Excuse the 5-second mockup in MS Paint, but I think the "clean" version on the right would be so superior. I'd also replace the sleeve and pants piping with simple, thin navy piping, personally.

braves_comparison1.png

I love it. I think the Braves uniform and specifically their placket piping gets a pass because of what people are used to but I'd welcome this change. I'd love to see if others are receptive to it.

I'd keep the sleeve piping to what they have though. It'd be a nice nod to the classic uniform without overcluttering the uniform and it still matches the wordmark well.

• Like 1

Not sure how "unpopular" this opinion is, but I think football helmets are difficult to mess up and almost always look good. I especially like when the logo wraps around to the back (Vikings would be a prime example there; not as big a fan of the logos actually meeting in the back like Seattle has), as well as "unusual" designs like those of the Bengals, Eagles and Rams. The only current NFL helmets I don't really like are those of the Jaguars and Titans. There are changes I'd make to others, but the others are all basically good to begin with; only the two-tones and the flaming thumbtacks (with those stripes that have somehow aged much worse than the identical ones on Carolina's helmet) look iffy to me.

On 10/12/2016 at 11:08 PM, kroywen said:

braves_comparison1.png

I like the piping overall though. Would it make the logo easier to see if the chest piping were navy?

40 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

I like the piping overall though. Would it make the logo easier to see if the chest piping were navy?

If it were just thin navy piping (not outlines), it would definitely be easier to see the logo. Though I tend to think the front is busy enough as it is, between the wordmark and the tomahawk, that piping is unnecessary and just causes clutter.

On 10/12/2016 at 11:08 PM, kroywen said:

braves_comparison1.png

Disagree (yes I know what thread this is).  Without the piping, it's just another plain jersey with a wordmark.  The piping is pretty awesome.

• Like 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Disagree (yes I know what thread this is).  Without the piping, it's just another plain jersey with a wordmark.  The piping is pretty awesome.

I think just having sleeve piping would work well. Or perhaps a faux v-neck, like the Giants. Simple placket piping would look fine though - it's just that the gigantic piping they have now clashes terribly with the wordmark.

4 minutes ago, alexandre said:

I'm certain this just has to do with my youth, but I greatly preferred the solid blue Expos cap to the tricolore. I also never felt like I looked good in the tricolore, which may have something to do with it too. :)

100% agree. The tricolor cap is carnival looking silly. The solid blue cap is bold. The tricolor can be nostalgic and cool in that sense but that doesn't automatically mean it was beautiful. It's a lot like the Astros tequila sunrise stripes. Nostalgic but ugly.

33 minutes ago, alexandre said:

I'm certain this just has to do with my youth, but I greatly preferred the solid blue Expos cap to the tricolore. I also never felt like I looked good in the tricolore, which may have something to do with it too. :)

I am old enough to remember the pinwheel cap and I am with you.

The blue cap is great.  The pinwheel was a step too far into "setting ourselves apart."

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

3 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

I am old enough to remember the pinwheel cap and I am with you.

The blue cap is great.  The pinwheel was a step too far into "setting ourselves apart."

I think the Expos would have looked cool with a solid white hat at home, rather than pinwheel paneling. Not sure about on the road.

Ok here are a few from off top of my head

I actually like most of the color rush jerseys

I like the diamondbacks new uniforms

I think the chargers powder blue unis are overrated crap

I actually don't care about the canadiens mismatched jerseys

and I like the rams current unis and colors and wish they would stick with them

4 hours ago, Rj0498 said:

I actually like most of the color rush jerseys

I don't think the jerseys are the unpopular part about the Colour Rush looks. Most people seem to fine with the jerseys in and of themselves. It's the monochrome pants that people take issue with.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

I don't think the jerseys are the unpopular part about the Colour Rush looks. Most people seem to fine with the jerseys in and of themselves. It's the monochrome pants that people take issue with.

Oh yeah those I actually don't mind them either I am probably one of the few people who actually kind of like monochrome as long as they don't go overboard with the colors

I'm fine with the occassional monochrome as long as contrasting socks are worn but that's rarely the case anymore.

Good

Image result

Crap

78670651_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=420&q=75

The Chiefs manage to do it both right and wrong:

Decent, can live with it for a game or 2 a season

USATSI_7436216.jpg

Crap

Chiefs-610x354.jpg

The Bengals did it right in the early years of the current set...

Image result

...but now look like crap

Image result for bengals all black uniforms

• Like 4